GD's Guide to the Game Topic

Another, probably stupid, question ...

If I have someone that is green to me, at what point can I offer a scholly?  Can it be accepted at that time, or only after a specific time?

Thanks again.

EDIT:
OK, I realize now that the signings won't begin until 12:01 Sat.  Assuming the player is green to me, should I offer now (Thur night)?  I assume that the scholly, if offered now, will be in place ready to be accepted on Sat.  Correct?

2/20/2014 9:44 PM (edited)
Nowyer, yes that is correct that it would be in place as soon as he can sign with you.  You may want to hold off though until the period before signings start.  Nothing is worse than having offered a player and then another coach comes along and starts to battle you for him turning him yellow.  You won't be able to get the $100 back for the scholly, so it's often better to wait then offer once he can sign.

Also remember the cardinal rule of recruiting.  Even if he is green to you, he will NOT SIGN if you have never met him in person.  That can be as little as an AC scout, but you must have something more than a phone call/letter into him.
2/20/2014 10:42 PM
Thanks, jtd.  That's great advice.  Makes sense.  I've had hands on everyone I'm after so far, but it's good to know for the future.
2/20/2014 11:48 PM
Last stupid recruiting question ... I have 9 schollys with 8 players green.  I have $1299 left, so I really only have $399 left.  My one yellow is down to a Sim and me.  I've dropped an AC Scout and 6 HC Home Visits on him.  Is there a chance that he will accept a scholly offer while still yellow?  Or, do I need to start looking around for someone I can scout for $399 and then offer?
2/21/2014 6:46 PM
Look around for someone else  If you haven't knocked the SIM off by now, he will slowly gain ground on you and eventually sign with the SIM.  SIM's have no budget.  You have to knock them off a recruit or they will always keep coming.
2/21/2014 8:49 PM
I decided to go ahead and offer to my yellow recruit. He responded that he's leaning my way but needs a little more time to make sure he's making the right decision. I'm guessing I should just walk away rather than wait, yes? If I go ahead and leave the a holly on the table, can I offer to someone else as well? If so, is it simply whoever accepts first?
2/22/2014 12:52 PM
As long as you have $100 you can offer a scholarship to someone else. Then it is whoever accepts first. 
2/22/2014 3:55 PM
Questions about playoffs.

Are teams selected for DIII playoffs (or any for that matter) strictly on the basis of ratings, or do Conference standings come into play?

If standings do come into play, what about Division standings within the Conference?  For example, if I finish as the top team in my Division, will I play the top team in the other Division for the right to go on to the DIII playoffs?
3/13/2014 2:16 PM
The top teams in each division within a Conference meet for the Conference Championship and the winner gets the autobid to the playoffs.  That's 19 autobids in D3.  The remaining 13 that get invited to the playoffs are based on the WIS rankings.  If you're in the top 32, there's a good chance you'll be in the playoffs if you don't win the Conference Championship. 
3/13/2014 5:27 PM

Hey Everyone!
Interested in trying GD out, ive got a few teams in Hoop Dynasty and FC Dynasty.

Any advice on choosing a team/world? (Looks like their are two worlds open. Bryant, Yost)

thanks!

5/23/2014 12:16 PM

Just had to send my sixth CV to a recruit to knock off a Sim AI and it still didn't knock that school out.    

So, keep in mind, at higher divisions it will take more.  

6/5/2014 2:52 PM (edited)
Some of that is program prestige. Harder to knock them off from Abeline Christian than it is from TAMK for example
6/3/2014 2:55 PM (edited)
Anybody know how to use the blog tab? For starters. I pasted the links but upon reopening it disappeared; perhaps this is for followups; however I don't know where my blog is; FAQ and Knowledge base had no info either
7/1/2014 6:08 PM
In this recruiting period, I've given at least a phone call to about 250 recruits; is this an obscene #?'
7/1/2014 7:00 PM
yes
7/3/2014 1:36 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...12 Next ▸
GD's Guide to the Game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.