The Gold Standard for Player Improvement Topic

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring to you Clinton Creasman, the new gold standard for improvement in a season. I think I've had one player crack the 100 barrier before, and I've seen the 100 mark been a few times on forums when discussing the most growth they have had from a player in a singe season.

Creasman finished the season with 134 points of improvement, and he is going to be a 100 DE (based on blue-to-black at 79), and a mid-80 ATH and SPD. He still has high potential in passing and low post, so I expect the improvement to keep coming.

Anyone ever seen any more growth in a single season?
1/26/2012 5:31 PM
don't think my whole Indiana team grew 134 pts last season.
1/26/2012 5:35 PM
I went from "eh, decent mid-major DI player" to "WTF, that's a DIII player!?"
1/26/2012 6:23 PM
THATS WHAT I SAID CRAZY!!

A D3 team just freaking robbed D1! How did you pull it off?
1/26/2012 6:25 PM
AND WITH C- PRESTIGE???
1/26/2012 6:26 PM
Posted by caesari on 1/26/2012 6:25:00 PM (view original):
THATS WHAT I SAID CRAZY!!

A D3 team just freaking robbed D1! How did you pull it off?
You guys realize that this kid is a JR right? 700 rated JR with those kind of cores belongs to the bottom tier D1 teams, and even then, I might still pass on him. 
1/26/2012 6:39 PM
Where was he the past two years, was he a transfer? 
1/26/2012 6:47 PM
@ tianyi, I realize he is no amazing player, but even you just said he was a bottom tier D1 player, but still, he acquired a guy with that talent over all the D2 teams as well? And I didn't look at the history of the school, just assumed that he'd been recruited by a human. 

Anyways, I still find it amazing that D3 team with C- prestige (which is where it was when this guy was signed) was able to nab him. Especially a SIM.
1/26/2012 6:51 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 1/26/2012 6:47:00 PM (view original):
Where was he the past two years, was he a transfer? 
Ooh good point, didn't consider that.
1/26/2012 6:51 PM

He's a juco... juco's go off like that sometimes... or they can rot on your bench for 2 seasons drinkin up perfectly good gatorade.
However... 5 guys gaining 450 pts for an average of 90 each on a team... is pretty special.
One word.... cheat codes....um I mean 2 words.

1/26/2012 7:06 PM
That is quite amazing. He has had spectacular growth in himself, but the rest of your team is also improving at a very good pace. Looks like you've got that program heading in the right direction big time.
1/26/2012 7:32 PM
i'm glad everyone likes my stud!
he was a D2 pulldown, i got him with no competition, not quite sure how though, especially with C- prestige
1/26/2012 7:39 PM
too bad you couldnt redshirt him.  i had a guy that went up 125, but haven't had or seen one top 130 before
1/26/2012 8:08 PM
Posted by caesari on 1/26/2012 6:51:00 PM (view original):
@ tianyi, I realize he is no amazing player, but even you just said he was a bottom tier D1 player, but still, he acquired a guy with that talent over all the D2 teams as well? And I didn't look at the history of the school, just assumed that he'd been recruited by a human. 

Anyways, I still find it amazing that D3 team with C- prestige (which is where it was when this guy was signed) was able to nab him. Especially a SIM.
His IQ is never going to catch up to his talent, which is why I typically avoid JUCOs unless their off/def matches with my team. I can definitely see JUCO with good potential getting passed for this reason. 
1/26/2012 8:39 PM
Nice pick up black. I have never had a player with triple digit growth! Did you have any idea he'd grow that much when you recruited him?
1/26/2012 8:52 PM
12 Next ▸
The Gold Standard for Player Improvement Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.