2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Last year 126 home OPS+, 135 road OPS+.
2/24/2014 9:43 PM
so happy the Mariners did not sign him...let's see how he does off the PEDs for a year or two... And would any hitter come to Safeco on a one-year deal to try free agency again? i don't think so.
2/25/2014 1:19 AM
My first reaction when I saw the headline that the Orioles had signed Cruz was to yell "damn it."  My girlfriend thought something was really wrong.

But then when I saw the contract details...  It's hard to complain about that.

2/25/2014 2:16 PM
Too many people evaluate player over situation. Cruz is way better than the O's DH options and should better their numbers from last season.

It's like people bashing the Ubaldo signing, saying he's not an ace, not worth the contract, etc. Perhaps he isn't worth it, but he's a HUGE improvement over Britton, who likely got knocked out of the rotation with that signing, so it's a good gamble for the O's.
2/28/2014 12:42 PM
Ubaldo is a good signing for the money, too.  We're not paying him ace money.

But realistically, I don't think Cruz is really all THAT big of an improvement over the O's other options at DH.  Between all the guys we added this offseason and the continued improvement of Urrutia, I think we could have kept someone in that spot all year who was better than replacement level, which was not the case last season.  But we don't compare Cruz to last season, we compare him to the alternatives this season.  Is he better than Delmon Young, Quintin Berry, Urrutia, et al?  Probably, but if you get to play the hot hand out of all those guys he's probably only 1-2 wins better than them.  Given that in the current market 1 win is worth about $5.5 million, it's still a good deal.  But it's not outstanding unless he plays very well this season and brings back draft pick compensation next year.
2/28/2014 6:47 PM
Balfour experiencing a dead arm. I hope he falls apart this season - it's going to be fun watching all the "experts" who trashed the O's put their foots in their mouths.
3/12/2014 6:49 PM
Another so-so year ahead. 75-80 wins tops. ho-hum
4/8/2014 10:16 AM
Good bats and no pitching = no playoffs.
4/8/2014 12:05 PM
No pitching? I love overreactors like you. You're probably screaming "Marlins are going all the way, baby!". It's 8 games in. Tillman looks good, Jimenez will get it together, and Gonzo will be fine. Chen and Norris worry me, but Gausman will be replacing one of them within a month.
4/8/2014 6:36 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 4/8/2014 10:16:00 AM (view original):
Another so-so year ahead. 75-80 wins tops. ho-hum
For the Yanks? I agree
4/8/2014 6:36 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 4/8/2014 6:36:00 PM (view original):
No pitching? I love overreactors like you. You're probably screaming "Marlins are going all the way, baby!". It's 8 games in. Tillman looks good, Jimenez will get it together, and Gonzo will be fine. Chen and Norris worry me, but Gausman will be replacing one of them within a month.
Oh yeah....Marlins are WS Champs!!!  Moron.

No, the O's don't have pitching.  
4/9/2014 9:28 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 4/8/2014 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Compared to the rest of the division? No, the O's don't have pitching.
4/9/2014 9:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...44|45|46|47|48...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.