You either like this game or you don't.  
If you happen to like it then  it would ridiculous not to play because there are better, established players in some worlds. 
How the heck do you think "you" get to be better ? (rhetorical question, answer to follow :): You play against those better players. Evaluate what they do. Pick their brains.(been playing this game a long time and I find Most of better players are happy to answer any polite questions thrown their way. Many will actually take you under their wing and mentor you. They Want more live players! )
1/20/2012 9:55 AM
Posted by mojolad on 1/20/2012 9:55:00 AM (view original):
                                 You either like this game or you don't.  
If you happen to like it then  it would ridiculous not to play because there are better, established players in some worlds. 
How the heck do you think "you" get to be better ? (rhetorical question, answer to follow :): You play against those better players. Evaluate what they do. Pick their brains.(been playing this game a long time and I find Most of better players are happy to answer any polite questions thrown their way. Many will actually take you under their wing and mentor you. They Want more live players! )
I agree.  Unless you're a good coach, you've got no shot at your favorite elite even if a new world opens up.  There will be enough good coaches who will race ahead of you to grab those few spots.

as for naming this unlikely new world, unless a requirement is that the coach is dead, a Saban world gets my vote.  Like him or not (I don't), he should already be considered one of the best ever.
1/20/2012 10:49 AM
I don't see Saban as a pioneer or defining person in the game. These other guys were much more defining of college football. I like Robinson or Paterno over Saban.

1/20/2012 1:28 PM
I seriously doubt they would start a totally new world but it would be nice if they would and then have D1A with a playoff system like the other levels.  That I think would get some serious attention.
1/20/2012 1:32 PM
DON JAMES or EDDIE ROBINSON
1/20/2012 3:19 PM
I got into Yost season 1 and it was fun to race to D1. I missed out on the first wave of Elite jobs, but eventually and am at USC. My goal was to land either USC, Miami (have in Bryant), Penn State or Texas. So, while I didn't get USC right away, I eventually got one of my "dream" jobs. I still would like to have Texas someday in one of the 3 worlds I am at.

New world name would be: Paterno...in step with the other world names they have.
1/20/2012 4:07 PM
I do not support adding a new world.  By the middle of March, we'll be back to all of the D-III divisions being less than 50% full.  We'll pick up quite a few new guys who want to continue playing, but probably just a small percentage of them overall.  That's just the way it is.
1/20/2012 4:45 PM
Paterno,Schembechler,Bowden or Robinson are the only coaches who should get legitimate consideration for new worlds.
that said, they need to fix what they have before they open anything new.
1/20/2012 5:32 PM
I dunno.
I think you can definately make a case for Saban, fresh though his career is.
3 national titles with 2 teams over 8(?) seasons, and all in the SEC no less.
Carroll, Tressell, Stoops. none have been able to match Saban's length of badassitude, and none have consistently gone up against the best of the best like Saban has in the SEC.
Plus a heisman winner, other finalsts, so many all-americans it makes your head spin. top class after top class after top class.

It spoils my soul just a little to say it, but Saban is one helluva coach.

Urban is nice too. Bowling Green, Utah, Florida. Numerous #1 overall picks (Alex Smith doesnt look so bad now, he can claim Cam Newton too).
Beat Saban at Bama both at Utah and Florida.
1/20/2012 8:34 PM
Schembeckler over Osbourne?? Ridiculous!
1/20/2012 8:40 PM
Bob Neyland
1/20/2012 8:56 PM
Bowden!!!! Go Noles!!
1/20/2012 9:20 PM
is there a limit on the number of seasons a world can go?  Why not retire a world at 100 seasons and reward the top 20 active coaches (in wins) with a free 10 pack in the new world.
1/20/2012 9:26 PM
Robinson and Paterno would be my top 2, but as an Iowa fan, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Hayden Fry. Also Lou Holtz would be a solid choice as well.
1/20/2012 9:40 PM
Lou Holtz is a good pick, but mrfortune was right on target. I didn't think about Shembechler.
1/20/2012 10:24 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.