id prefer the word discussing then whining alcheez... and i was only answering post that were written since i made my comment!...question for you is, why does it upset you that i continue to talk about the issue...if you see a forum titled hall of fame...and you know its gonna upset you.whygo inside?..ill keep this topic in discussion until i see WIS ADMIN actually do something about it, and not just say they will do something about it... i think the HOF is a big part of the enjoyment of this game...
2/27/2012 9:28 PM
Posted by russilini on 1/12/2012 10:18:00 AM (view original):
TO MANY PLAYERS THAT DESERVE TO GO INTO THE HALL, SPLIT THE VOTE SO NO ONE GETS IN...TOO MANY OWNERS DONT VOTE AND DONT CARE...SOME OWNERS NOMINATE PLAYERS THAT DONT DESERVE TO BE IN THE HALL, JUST BECAUSE THOSE PLAYERS HAVE PLAYED FOR THEIR TEAM.....IVE BEEN SENING IN TICKETS TO THE HEAD OFFICE, TO LET THE COMPUTER PICK HALL OF FAME MEMBERS FOR PAST 3 SEASONS...THEY ARE ALWAYS GONNA LOOK INTO IT....IF THINGS DONT CHANGE, IM OUT...ITS SUCH A SIMPLE PROBLEM TO FIX....I ADVISE EVERYONE TO SEND IN TICKETS...AND DROP HALF YOUR TEAMS IF YOU FEEL AS STRONGLY AS I DO ABOUT HOF
Indifference,lack of time and vote splitting. I believe those factors cause the problem. What should be done? Lower the threshold so deserving players can get in.
Based on what I've observed on the only league I've been in for five seasons,here is a suggestion, 
A runoff round(if nobody gets in.) Players receiving 10% of the TOTAL VOTES CAST would be eligible for a runoff. In the runoff round,players receiving 50% of the votes cast would be elected. In the unlikely event that two players each got 50%,both would be elected. There would be no runoff if someone was elected in the first round(unlikely). It is still possible no one would be elected if there was enough vote splitting in the runoff.  I arrived at the percentages stated here based only on what happened in our league last season.
It should be hard to get in,but not impossible.Voting is up in our league compared to what it was in the past but the barriers erected by a flawed formula need to be removed. Why are we allowing those who don't vote to decide the outcome? That's just plain crazy and that's exactly what we are doing.This is offered as a starter;I think eveyone wants this fixed. Perhaps the resident geniuses at WIS or right here can come up with a better idea that remains as simple as possible.
3/27/2012 7:16 PM (edited)
As a side note,alcheez,have you noticed most of the stupid nominations are from WIS? I have. They nominate players for the HOF who played for my team who I won't vote for and nobody else would,either.. In fact,I rarely vote for my own players. They just aren't that good and they are not there because I nominated them.
3/27/2012 7:21 PM
Simple majority of those who vote, as long as "X" number of people vote - say 18 or so.
3/27/2012 7:22 PM
Posted by travisg on 1/17/2012 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by russilini on 1/13/2012 8:02:00 PM (view original):
i dont think me typing in CAPS...MEANS IM SCREAMING OR WORKED UP...IT MEANS i left the cap button down...im not in to all that LOL GARBAGE....as for hall of fame...vote should have never been given to owners...the computer picks all-stars...decides whos gonna retire...it should pick the hall...AS FOR I CANT BE DEDICATED TO MY TEAM IF I QUIT OVER HALL OF FAME....whoops i was screaming again..LOL...and yes thats a sarcastic put down....i quit if i cant get the whole experience..why people would be geeky enough to play a computer simulation game...and then balk at the hall is beyond me...just let the computer pick the HALL...and all of you that dont care about the hall can continue not to care
I think the Hall of Fame discussion/voting process is fun, so "just letting the computer pick the HALL" would be the opposite of an improvement.
Agree with that last sentence. Based on their lousy judgement with AIs for the Hall,I wouldn't trust them at all. Better left to those who do vote. And I can just hear the screams of outrage now(including my own)at those who get in and those who don't. I understand there are differences in the worlds;I'm not leaving the league I am
in over something like the HOF. And I only play in one league so I can pay attention.
3/27/2012 8:23 PM
The HOF process is flat out broken.  Babe Ruth would have a hard time getting 20 votes in some of these worlds.  AI supplemental voting works perfect for the psot-season awards.  It needs to be dovetailed with the HOF voting.     
4/27/2012 2:06 PM
Posted by patrickm885 on 1/13/2012 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Probably not what the OP wants to hear, but this is going to get resolved in the next update. It will work identical to how we process non-votes for player awards.
Nearing the 1 year anniversary of this post!
12/10/2012 2:09 PM
What's "the OP?"
12/11/2012 1:30 PM
Original poster
12/11/2012 1:54 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.