Bonds Topic

well, 762 home runs would be the most in NBA history, would it not?  As far as Bonds, my response when aske about him has always been I pay to go to a baseball game to see good baseball players, not nice guys.  Bonds may have been an *******, but he was a hell of a baseball players, even before he touched steroids.  Also, why is taking steroids worse than taking greenies (which was hue in the 60s and 70s in the major leagues). It would not surprise me at all if Mr Aaron didn't ake one or two of those during his long career. That's just as much a performance enhancer as roids are.

And, no I have no proof one way or the other whether Aaron took greenies.  Just saying it wouldn't surprise me if he did.  Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't either.
3/13/2014 1:42 AM
Aaron admitted to taking greenies.  Which is probably why he didn't squawk much when Bonds broke his record.  

And Aaron didn't hit any homers off of 'roided up pitchers throwing drug-enhanced fastballs.

Just like Ruth didn't hit any homers off of black or latino pitchers.
3/13/2014 3:09 AM
Ruth would have destroyed black/latino pitchers. 
3/13/2014 8:32 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2014 8:32:00 AM (view original):
Ruth would have destroyed black/latino pitchers. 
Absolutely unsupportable statement.

Also, absolutely irrefutable statement, for the same reason.
3/13/2014 9:52 AM
What about the Asians?  What would Ruth have done against Asian pitchers?

And Australians?  And the Dutch?

How about Eskimos?  How would Ruth have done against Eskimo pitchers?

3/13/2014 10:16 AM
The only person Ruth wouldn't have destroyed is Chuck Norris.    Assuming Chuck would lower himself to pitch to such a lesser human.
3/13/2014 10:24 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/13/2014 10:16:00 AM (view original):
What about the Asians?  What would Ruth have done against Asian pitchers?

And Australians?  And the Dutch?

How about Eskimos?  How would Ruth have done against Eskimo pitchers?

Clearly the Asians would have dominated the fat, lazy American.

For Australia, Damian Moss and Grant Balfour would've gotten blasted (just like they are now)

Sidney Ponson is the only Dutch major leaguer I can name.  I'm pretty confident Ruth would've hit him pretty hard.

Was Sidd Finch an eskimo?  
3/13/2014 1:09 PM
Sidney Ponson is the only Dutch major leaguer I can name.  I'm pretty confident Ruth would've hit him pretty hard.
I'm pretty sure Sidney Ponson wasn't Dutch...

Rick Van den Hurk.  And Bert Blyleven, that's the big one.  Only ones I know.

Technically the Curacao guys are Dutch.  Jair Jurrjens and Kenley Jansen are from Curacao.  They're both pretty good.  Andrelton Simmons and Andruw Jones, too, but they don't pitch.
3/13/2014 1:23 PM
All MLB records from pre-1947 should be shown the shitter!
3/13/2014 1:26 PM
Sid pitched in the WBC for the Netherlands in 2009.  So there's that....

Curse you for making me question my own recollections!
3/13/2014 1:27 PM
Ok, I checked, he's from Aruba.  So technically Dutch.
3/13/2014 1:54 PM

Chuck Norris is so bad, he smoked when his Mama was carrying him in her belly!

3/13/2014 6:04 PM
◂ Prev 123
Bonds Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.