This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Yes. He is the greatest baseball player that ever lived and deserves to be in the HOF.
4/21/2011 12:23 PM
I don't think Bonds, Rameriz, Palmero, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens et al. get in via the BBWAA who will essentially table the issue and leave it to the Veteran's committe or similar organization hanlde the issue once we have a better perspective.  I think these guys candidacy will rest in no small part on what they do after retirement.  If they contribute to the game (in the media as coaches or in other respected and productive ways) they get in, otherwise they will join Pete Rose on the outside looking in.
4/21/2011 3:09 PM
Posted by napolean on 4/21/2011 10:31:00 AM (view original):
   Now that barrel head Barry Bonds has been found guilt of PED use, does he get into the Hall of Fame, along with all the other steroid abusers we were subjected to over the past 20 or so years? Does this line up with Pete Rose who received a lifetime ban for gambling? (Clemens is on his way to Morocco by now, if doesn't dis-remember how to get to the airport.)
Is that what he was found guilty of?  I thought he was found guilty of obstruction.
4/21/2011 3:20 PM
Personnally, I don't really care if he used steroids or not. He still had to hit the ball. I say let him in.
4/21/2011 3:22 PM
Posted by zubinsum on 4/21/2011 3:09:00 PM (view original):
I don't think Bonds, Rameriz, Palmero, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens et al. get in via the BBWAA who will essentially table the issue and leave it to the Veteran's committe or similar organization hanlde the issue once we have a better perspective.  I think these guys candidacy will rest in no small part on what they do after retirement.  If they contribute to the game (in the media as coaches or in other respected and productive ways) they get in, otherwise they will join Pete Rose on the outside looking in.
I agree with zubinsum.  Rose will likely get in posthumously, and some of these guys might go that route.
4/21/2011 3:32 PM
He was found guilty of obstruction, and that's gonna be overturned.  The reasoning of the verdict was that he did not respond to a direct question, but rambled instead.  When the question was re-asked, he said, "No, no."

Witnesses ramble in court all the time.  They get asked for a direct response.  They give it.  They never get charged with obstruction.  Legally, this is a sham.
4/21/2011 5:22 PM
napolean: Now that barrel head Barry Bonds has been found guilt of PED use...

You should know what in the hell you're talking about before you start talking.  Let's stipulate he used, but he never even tested positive, let alone being convicted of it.

I don't ask for much.  Just know the basic facts of the matter you wish to discuss before pouring verbal diarrhea all over my screen.

/Pissy today.

4/21/2011 5:26 PM
I don't care how much steroids/HGH or whatever someone takes it's not going to help them hit a baseball and to be honest its not going to help you hit a baseball harder or that much further.  You need exceptional hand eye coordination and last time I checked steroids never improved that.  To this day, I've never seen anyone with the hands that Bonds had in the prime of his career, one of the best, if not the best hitters of all time.  What is sad tho is these players who are already great and think they need something like this, take it and then it puts a cloud over a great career.
4/21/2011 5:53 PM
I think Bonds was a HOF before 2000-01 anyways.....same with Clemens.

Now, I thought it is/was a HUGE waste for the gov't to go after MLB and now the NFL....but, since they have anti-trust exemptions, basically allowing both leagues to be a monopoly, so apparently they have that right.....a huge waste of money, but a right
4/21/2011 7:07 PM
Posted by epolice183 on 4/21/2011 5:53:00 PM (view original):
I don't care how much steroids/HGH or whatever someone takes it's not going to help them hit a baseball and to be honest its not going to help you hit a baseball harder or that much further.  You need exceptional hand eye coordination and last time I checked steroids never improved that.  To this day, I've never seen anyone with the hands that Bonds had in the prime of his career, one of the best, if not the best hitters of all time.  What is sad tho is these players who are already great and think they need something like this, take it and then it puts a cloud over a great career.
Of course the stuff helped them. McGwire, while a gifted power hitter, chronically broke down and missed parts of many seasons -- but all of a sudden he was indestructible? What was that about?
4/21/2011 7:11 PM
I stand corrected, bilfert, llamanunts, etc. The charge in fact was obstruction, but we all know this was not over a parking ticket or shoplifting. The point is I guess does the use of PED's, and that's what we're talking about, disqualify Bonds or any of these other guys from induction? Was what Pete Rose did worse? BTW, I agree with epolice, you can either hit a baseball or you can't, but it's difficult do dispute the the added power steroids provides or there would be no reason to use them.
4/21/2011 7:11 PM
You're a standup guy, napolean.
4/21/2011 8:07 PM
1|2|3...13 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.