USA South tracking thread Topic

let's get it started
3/10/2011 3:10 PM
I will be anxious to boast about my stellar recruiting class, but I better wait until it actually transpires. Right now its kind of sketchy. My entire team will be from Florida after this recruiting period.
I have one good signee right now. He's a Power Forward. Here are my projections for his final stats:
Name  Year  Pos.  Miles ST A  SPD  REB DEF SB LP PE BH P WE ST DU FT Motion PRESS TOT
Gary Polk   PF   FL 39 28 87 65 86 85 65 55 19 50 81 90 32 42 42 750
It's really hard to predict these things though. Right now his Defense is 24, but future stars said High Improvement, and the scouting report said "Massive" improvement. Scouting report also said "Sky is the Limit on Low Post, so I made that go from 32 to 85. It said *Significant* improvement for PE so I made that go from 24 to 65, and it said Tremendous improvement in Ball Handling, so I made that go from 21 to 55. I hope these projections are right. I wish he had high improvement instead of low in Athleticism and Speed. I will be interested to look at this post in 4 years and see how close I was.

I believe I am close to signing my second player. Keeping my fingers crossed by he is "Definitely Leaning" towards me over Florida Institute of Technology, which is a Division 2 school. I have never beaten out a Division 2 school for a recruit before. I think he will make a nice Center for me, if he signs.

3/11/2011 7:31 AM (edited)
I'll throw out my preseason pick to win the conference - Palm Beach Atlantic.
3/10/2011 7:26 PM
first move after accepting coaching position at chowan....rescind a scholarship.  i have offered 3 schollies, let's see if any of them take it, or else i'll have a walk on
3/10/2011 10:54 PM

mid recruiting-stage picks.  projected conference records

east
1. Methodist 12-4
2. Chowan 11-5
3. Greensboro 6-10
4. Ferrum 4-12
5. Averett 3-13
6. Newport 2-14

west
1. Lagrange 14-2
2. NC Wes 13-3
3. Palm Beach 12-4
4. Piedmont 11-5
5. Shenandoah 4-12
6. Oglethorpe 4-12

3/10/2011 11:09 PM
NCW was a close second for me trying to pick a winner. I think I have a shot as well, but I don't like to vote for my own team obviously
3/11/2011 1:11 AM
Posted by pjbrankin on 3/10/2011 7:26:00 PM (view original):
I'll throw out my preseason pick to win the conference - Palm Beach Atlantic.
I like that thought. I think your team LaGrange is going to be very good this year too. Methodist looks good. And North Carolina Wesleyan and Piedmont are always right up there.  My team has never won the Conference Tournament in the history of the conference, so that is a big goal for us.
3/11/2011 7:14 AM
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/10/2011 10:54:00 PM (view original):
first move after accepting coaching position at chowan....rescind a scholarship.  i have offered 3 schollies, let's see if any of them take it, or else i'll have a walk on
That was probably a great move. It will help you balance your classes a little. Chowan should be a competitive team because of your experience

3/11/2011 7:28 AM
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/10/2011 11:10:00 PM (view original):

mid recruiting-stage picks.  projected conference records

east
1. Methodist 12-4
2. Chowan 11-5
3. Greensboro 6-10
4. Ferrum 4-12
5. Averett 3-13
6. Newport 2-14

west
1. Lagrange 14-2
2. NC Wes 13-3
3. Palm Beach 12-4
4. Piedmont 11-5
5. Shenandoah 4-12
6. Oglethorpe 4-12

We are going to post this on the locker room wall!
3/11/2011 7:32 AM
good thing I dont have to travel to PBA this year, i think there would be some secret attack to our team bus
3/11/2011 7:54 AM
I'll be a little bit of a homer and predict Ang as the player of the year
3/11/2011 5:16 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 3/11/2011 7:31:00 AM (view original):
I will be anxious to boast about my stellar recruiting class, but I better wait until it actually transpires. Right now its kind of sketchy. My entire team will be from Florida after this recruiting period.
I have one good signee right now. He's a Power Forward. Here are my projections for his final stats:
Name  Year  Pos.  Miles ST A  SPD  REB DEF SB LP PE BH P WE ST DU FT Motion PRESS TOT
It's really hard to predict these things though. Right now his Defense is 24, but future stars said High Improvement, and the scouting report said "Massive" improvement. Scouting report also said "Sky is the Limit on Low Post, so I made that go from 32 to 85. It said *Significant* improvement for PE so I made that go from 24 to 65, and it said Tremendous improvement in Ball Handling, so I made that go from 21 to 55. I hope these projections are right. I wish he had high improvement instead of low in Athleticism and Speed. I will be interested to look at this post in 4 years and see how close I was.

I believe I am close to signing my second player. Keeping my fingers crossed by he is "Definitely Leaning" towards me over Florida Institute of Technology, which is a Division 2 school. I have never beaten out a Division 2 school for a recruit before. I think he will make a nice Center for me, if he signs.

Not to rain on your excellent recruiting class Chap, but I think your estimates are a bit off.  In my brief experience so far, I usually use a guideline of "Season Improvement is approx equal to WE".  So a player with 40 WE like Polk, I would expect a 40 rating increase given a normal distribution of play time/practice time.  This means unless you plan to start him as a freshman, the most I think you could hope for is a 200ish increase over his present rating (around high 600s).  I've had 3 700+ rated guys in my short HD tenure and every one had at least 70 WE in the end.

I'm just saying that if you want him to reach that 750 number (if you think that is his caps), I would think you'd have to strongly consider redshirting him to give him another season of improvement.

Grats on the good recruiting class by the way .
3/11/2011 7:27 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 3/11/2011 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 3/11/2011 7:31:00 AM (view original):

Not to rain on your excellent recruiting class Chap, but I think your estimates are a bit off.  In my brief experience so far, I usually use a guideline of "Season Improvement is approx equal to WE".  So a player with 40 WE like Polk, I would expect a 40 rating increase given a normal distribution of play time/practice time.  This means unless you plan to start him as a freshman, the most I think you could hope for is a 200ish increase over his present rating (around high 600s).  I've had 3 700+ rated guys in my short HD tenure and every one had at least 70 WE in the end.

I'm just saying that if you want him to reach that 750 number (if you think that is his caps), I would think you'd have to strongly consider redshirting him to give him another season of improvement.

Grats on the good recruiting class by the way .
Hmm - I never noticed that, but this would make a lot of sense.  In looking at some of my past players, this seems to be pretty accurate.The exception would be in their senior year, when they have reached their potential in a lot of areas. But, you would also have to figure in that the WE may increase a lot. Some players WE seems to go up more than others, so if the WE increased, the points would increase based on your theory too.

3/12/2011 7:18 AM (edited)
Real Happy with my class. Ended up getting the Center that was tossed up between me and a Division 2 Florida Institute of Technology. And got a great point guard that is starting out with 71 Ball Handling with *tremendous* upside. He should end up in the upper 90s in Ball Handling. In my opinion, the point guard is one of the key positions. Just seems like when I am down a bit at that position, my whole team is down. My entire team is from Florida now.
3/12/2011 7:28 AM
Considering how horrible my team was last season, I think I came away with a decent class this time around.  I think it'll set the stage for my team being much more competitive in a season or so.
3/12/2011 9:10 AM
123456 Next ▸
USA South tracking thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.