Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

Its that time again folks!

Season 41 is winding down in Knight. Right now there are 2 openings in the Heartland. If you've been watching this thread with any interest over the past months, you'll notice that the conference has grown from just a handful of humans toiling away in near obscurity to a thriving people place!  With only 10 D 2 games left (Final 4s of PIT and NT) to be played, the Heartland sits atop the conference RPI rankings, and ought to finish as #1.  We placed 5 in the NT (best result - W. Florida (#1 much of the season) lost a heart-breaker to perennial Heartland stomper dwoelflin at New Mexico Highlands of the Northern Sun). Montevallo, one of the 2 simmy schools, is still alive in the PIT. We're a fun conference with some decent CC banter, a conference challenge with the CCAA, and lots of programs on the rise. We'd love to find folks for our remaining openings, but either way we intend to continue to improve and stay atop the D 2 conferences for some time to come.

**Original text of 1st post. Offer no longer valid. See terms and details. Limit one per household. Cash value 1/20 cent.**
Help me out. I've got a team I rather enjoy in a conference that has suffered from user apathy and attrition. If you are a D III coach looking to or eligible to move on up in Knight, or a user who is qualified for a D II team in Knight, I offer the following:

Take over one of the available teams in the Heartland Conference, in Knight's D II. Coach through the whole season. Stick around through rollover and complete recruiting for your 2nd season, and I'll send you a $5 WiS gift certificate. 

I would love to see people join that will be active on the CC. 

Are you a new-ish coach looking for D II advice? Join the Heartland and I'll spill everything I know. I want some warm bodies please to liven up the place. I've even flirted with leaving for other conferences, but my heart is at Valdosta, and since I can't bring myself to leave, I'll try to entice others to join...

NEW INFO - There is a new GC offer on the table for season 79 only. See my latest post for details.
12/21/2014 1:35 PM (edited)
Dac I just signed up for a DIII team in Knight. I may join you in DII in a season or two.
2/12/2011 2:54 PM
That Valdosta recruiting spot is so clutch dacj.
2/12/2011 3:39 PM
okay I'm a D III coach in Knight interested in your offer, which team do you recommend I apply to join, which one is best?
2/12/2011 5:03 PM
replied to your sitemail baker.
W Alabama and W Florida only lose 3 seniors. Montevallo has a number of juniors coming back and had a good year, but they lose a lot of players too, so a chance to both be respectable this season and start shaping the future of the program right away...
2/12/2011 7:31 PM
Dacj501 I am thinking hard about taking you up on this offer.
2/12/2011 10:03 PM
bring it on!
2/12/2011 11:36 PM
I might do it, was already planing on joining knight. I'm new and probably not very good but I guarantee i will be very active.
2/12/2011 11:38 PM
active is what I am craving most...and I'll do what i can to help you get good
2/13/2011 12:24 AM
ok, 1 team down - there are still 7 openings - more the merrier...
2/13/2011 7:43 AM
and then there were 6
2/13/2011 1:11 PM
I am joining knight too, but I have to start in Division 3.
2/13/2011 6:49 PM
if you plan to move up next season, the offer will still be here
2/13/2011 6:52 PM
I'll probably want to move up. My goal in Knight is to go to Division 1, since I have Division 2 in Smith  and Division 3 in Phelan. But I'd have to be in Division 2 for a number of years before I can go to Division 1 anyway.

2/13/2011 8:48 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 2/13/2011 8:48:00 PM (view original):
I'll probably want to move up. My goal in Knight is to go to Division 1, since I have Division 2 in Smith  and Division 3 in Phelan. But I'd have to be in Division 2 for a number of years before I can go to Division 1 anyway.

hope to see you next season :)
2/13/2011 9:59 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.