Nevada...Now NC State Recruit Tracking Topic

Recruit #1: Leonard Lakin

Lakin is actually the lowest ranked recruit I'm bringing in this year, which should tell you something good about the class.  He's going to be an excellent defensive big man, with the speed and perimeter skills to play a little PF.  If his LP is high-high (unsure) and his Athleticism is on the high side of average (like 15 points), then he could be an all-american.  His floor is a really good rebounder/defender.  
10/29/2014 2:41 PM
Recruit #2: Mark Thai

Thai is an odd prospect for me.  I usually skimp on the Ath/Spd/Def guys in favor of some more skilled outside shooters.  Unfortunately, there weren't many guys of that style available in the Mid-Atlantic this year, so I "settled" for Thai.  His BH is really low and he'll never be much of a shooter, but I can certainly count on him for some defense.  There's a chance that he might play SF for us down the line if we can bring in some good guards.  He will be 1 year ahead of our next prospect, who also plays SF.  
10/29/2014 2:45 PM
Recruit #3: Robert Motter

Motter looks like he's going to be another really good defender for this team, just like the above two guys.  He should be able to rebound very well for a SF and he's going to be a really solid passer.  Despite coming in as the #11 SF and North Carolina Mr. Basketball, Motter will RS his first year.  Motter is going to be a great SF for the zone, as he'll be able to play 3 and, if we have the personnel to go small (putting Thai at the 3), he could end up playing some PF if his Reb gets to 80+ and his LP hits 60 or 70.  His WE (30) may slow him down a bit, but with the RS year, I think he should be okay.  
10/29/2014 2:49 PM
Recruit #4: Frank Farthing

Sticking with the theme of defense, Farthing fits nicely into my plans.  He's going to be a great rebounder and defender down low, probably as our Center of the future (although Lakin probably has a bit of an edge right now).  He may not be a great low post threat at any point in his career, but he should be able to be an offensive contributor by having at 75+ passing rating, which should contribute a great deal to the team offense from the C spot.  
10/29/2014 2:53 PM
Recruit #5: Larry Bosley     

Our final recruit is Larry Bosley.  He's an interesting case, as his WE is very low (14) but he has very solid starting stats.  He's going to start at PF this year and hopefully provide some offense for us down low.  However, due to his low Reb, potentially slowly increasing Def, and lack of SB, I could see him slipping out of the starting rotation behind Lakin, Farthing, or even Motter in the future.  
10/29/2014 3:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15
Nevada...Now NC State Recruit Tracking Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.