Nevada...Now NC State Recruit Tracking Topic

Recruit #1: Michael Rembert
Had an early battle for him, but quickly won it.  He's not very highly ranked, but he'll be the quintessential pure-point guard.  I was really surprised he didn't get attention from other, bigger schools.  Hopefully he'll end up with 70 ath, 90 spd, 60 def, 70 per, 100 bh, 100 p.

12/15/2010 9:25 PM
Recruit #2: Gilberto Romano
Coming from Italy, Romano will hopefully turn into a force for Nevada.  I think I picked up a steal here.
Potentials: Ath-avg, Spd-?, Reb-low high, Def-avg, SB-avg, LP-high high.

12/15/2010 9:33 PM
Recruit #3: Travis Veilleux
He looks like a D2 recruit with his low rankings, but he'll make a good SF in the 2-3 zone with his great rebounding abilities.

12/15/2010 9:36 PM
Recruit #4: Ralph Flannery
He has a pretty bad WE (20), so I'll try to start him right away to get it up.  I really like his potential.

12/15/2010 9:39 PM
Recruit #5: Clifford Moretti
A JUCO guy who should be able to contribute off the bench.  He's not athletic, but otherwise he has some pretty great core numbers.  I'll definitely take him for the $750 I spent on him.

12/15/2010 9:46 PM
Recruit #6: Johnnie Lyall
Lyall will hopefully play SG for his whole career.  I really like his speed potential.

12/16/2010 9:08 PM
My three star freshman, who all started this year, all improved pretty well.  Romano had crazy good improvement this year improving a total of 112 points to which I give the majority of the credit to our Italian translator.  Rembert didn't quite improve like Romano did, but he did have a 90+ point improvement.  And finally, Lyall had great improvement in his passing and did earn honorable mention in the conference awards.

1/8/2011 12:32 PM
Huge improvement, nice job kimble.  I don't think I had anyone improve even half of that this season.
1/8/2011 5:39 PM
Recruit #1: Francis Deloney
One of my main goals of this recruiting session was to get balanced classes.  I didn't totally achieve that because I didn't get a senior transfer, but I did get three JUCO players with 2 years of eligibility and this was one of them.  Deloney was mine for most of recruiting until 2 cycles before signings, USC jumped on him.  I mumbled a few four letter expletives before moving on and getting myself another JUCO guard (recruit #2).  Then when I woke up this morning, Deloney had signed with, which was very surprising because I had completely given up on him; but evidently USC decided they didn't want him and I pulled in an athletic guard who will be a pretty awesome defender.

1/17/2011 3:54 PM (edited)
Recruit #2: Heath Kelton
After I thought I lost Deloney to USC, I stole Kelton from Portland State, who really didn't put up any fight in trying to keep him.  I like all the high potentials I see and I might be tempted to put him at SF late in his senior year if I wanted to go small and his LP and REB both got over 40.  I already have a guy I'm going to redshirt this year, but next year I might redshirt Kelton and get an extra year out of him after Deloney leaves because Kelton probably won't get that much PT this season or next.  

1/17/2011 4:40 PM
Recruit #3: Brad Copeland
Copeland is my third and final JUCO recruit this year.  He will be a good SF/PF hybrid.  He will probably end up playing mostly SF in my 2-3 zone which will definitely bolster the rebounding abilities of my zone.  I'll pump a lot of practice minutes into improving his speed so he will be able to be fast enough to be an effective SF.  

1/17/2011 4:45 PM
Recruit #4: Christopher Painter
The last of my freshman to sign, I took Painter from D2 Metropolitan State after my primary PF target (listed as an SF, Snyder) was taken by Air Force.  He is definitely not as good, but he will end up being a good player who will be able to score and play both SF and PF, so I like him.

1/17/2011 5:08 PM
Recruit #5: Nuru Abdeldayden
After last year's great success with Italian big man Gilberto Romano, I decided to get another guy from overseas.  He won't improve like Romano did, but Nuru will be a very good player who, when paired with Romano, should be a great big guy in 3 seasons.  Potentials: Ath-low Spd-? Reb-High Def-High SB-? LP-high-high, stam-high-high

1/17/2011 5:22 PM
Recruit #6: Emmett Vedder
I am very happy I got Vedder with no competition.  Vedder fits my system perfectly; he'll be a very fast and athletic SF who can rebound as well as play good offense.  Hell, I think he'd fit any system.  I got him to accept a redshirt but I am seriously considering starting him at SF to accelerate his growth early and RS Kelton.  I guess we'll see.  High-high potentials in: Ath, Reb, LP,  WE of 52 btw.

1/17/2011 5:29 PM
Recruit #7: Larry Glenn
In my mind Larry Glenn was the best mid to low major guard on the west coast.  I am absolutely thrilled that I got him and I am completely surprised that a bigger school didn't sweep in and pick him off, but I was ready to spend 50+k on him.  Getting Glenn gives me two fantastic PGs (Rembert from last year's class) who will hopefully lead Nevada to some WCC titles.  Glenn won't be overly fast, but he should be athletic (85 hopefully), a great defender (95 hopefully), a decent shooter who could potentially be a great shooter if his perimeter can jump 50 points instead of around 30.  I got the high-high message for passing, which means his passing has a good shot to hit 100.  His final ratings could look like: 85-90 ath, 80 spd, 100 defense, 80 per, 85 BH, 100 Pass.  That's a great PG.

1/17/2011 5:41 PM
1|2|3...15 Next ▸
Nevada...Now NC State Recruit Tracking Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.