All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame
11/17/2010 3:07 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 11/17/2010 12:39:00 PM (view original):
nin311ff signed up for teams in all 18 leagues of thejuice's most recent tourney.  Guess what?  Once all 18 leagues filled and it was time to enter teams, he disappeared.  Luckily thejuice kept it all together and we were only set back by about a week, but man.  18 abandoned teams in one tourney, that's got to be a record.
ninn has done this in progs too before I started keeping track. That seems like a good candidate even though it's not a progressive, thanks for the post! I'll create another dead beat list.

11/17/2010 3:14 PM
I removed combalt from the Wall as he showed up late for posting his keepers in SOOP as someone had to post for him (no real crime asI have doine it for many owners) but he made up for it by showing up for the draft. Way to go Marty!
11/17/2010 3:16 PM
Maybe the wall had something to do with it, we'll never really know but it may at least make owners think twice before doing it again, or even for a 1st time.
11/17/2010 3:19 PM
ronblood recently did it in XYZ and will go on the beware and forewarned board. He was always late posting keepers and finally didn't even reply to sheller and vanished.
11/17/2010 3:26 PM
Disco Dogs disappeared from my Six Picks to Glory progressive along with nin331ff....... No replies to numerous sitemails and he ended up winning the WS.
11/17/2010 3:44 PM
Posted by rooskie on 11/17/2010 3:19:00 PM (view original):
ronblood recently did it in XYZ and will go on the beware and forewarned board. He was always late posting keepers and finally didn't even reply to sheller and vanished.
ronblood has been very erratic. hHe admits to lacking discipline, but in my leagues he has been ok recently and has been in contention in most.
11/17/2010 3:45 PM
cubieblu has recently vanished from several leagues
11/18/2010 3:17 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 11/17/2010 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Disco Dogs disappeared from my Six Picks to Glory progressive along with nin331ff....... No replies to numerous sitemails and he ended up winning the WS.
DD is a mystery at times. I have seen him leave progs without a word once in SOOP a few years ago. I read his ads for owners when he built a prog and he always states he wants reliable owners but you need to lead by example  and thew jury has been out on him for a while. Need more info...
11/18/2010 3:19 PM
Posted by dspahlinger on 11/17/2010 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Would you happen to know the names of any? Also if anyone has names of leagues ninn left it would help for record keeping purposes.

Great input so far guys! Let's stick together on this project.
11/18/2010 3:22 PM
Posted by Bootone on 11/16/2010 6:25:00 PM (view original):
This thread should have been started years ago... 
Thanks Al! Have any input for the thread?
11/18/2010 11:04 PM
I am currently running my first Regressive: The Time Lapse Regressive.

Season 1: dodgers242 signed up for the league, confirmed he was in confirmed the start of the draft and disappeared the first day of the draft...
nin311ff stepped in to save the day and pick up his draft.  Another owner noted that nin311ff was a known bailer.  I was in a tough spot so I took him on.  Season 2 comes around and guess who has not checked his sitemail in months?  That's right nin311ff.  Thankfully an awesome owner in shawbigred stepped in and took his place.  I feel like it worked out for me, but look out for him joining your leagues.
11/19/2010 1:04 PM
gumbercules
To:
rooskie
Received:
11/18/2010 4:16:00 PM
Subject:
Wall of Shame
The following owners have bailed on my Monopoly Progressive without a trace:

cubieblu
helmethead1
nin311ff

11/19/2010 1:11 PM
Posted by dspahlinger on 11/17/2010 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Can you help me out with names of some of those progressives?
11/19/2010 6:02 PM
Disco Dogs is a good owner. In the league I run, he took over a team which was in shambles, and turned it around very quickly. When he left the league after a few seasons, he let me know well in advance, and left a good team for the next owner. He said that he was cutting back on his teams.

I would not hesitate to let him back in if he wanted to rejoin.

Ronblood went AWOL after the first season of the league. He missed many picks in the inaugural draft, and never submitted his keepers for the next season. He is also very hard to communicate with. He seemed enthusiastic about the league, but was unreliable.

The absolute worst person on this site is danka, whose motive seems to be trying to wreck leagues. In the league I run, he stuck the league ERA leader, Carlton, in AAA for roughly a week (real-time, so like 20ish games) as the 120-game mark approached, in an attempt to lose games to get a better pick. He also completely dismantled the team. Furthermore, he threw a shitfit when called out for tanking, and quit the league in a rage. He is well-known for behaving like that, and I'm surprised he's not the first name on your wall. I will never let him join a league I run again.
11/20/2010 11:08 AM
I'm always a little leery about calling out bad owners because there's always the chance somethings going on we don't know about.  For instance, JohnGPF dropped out of a number of progressive leagues, and dropped off the site, without a word.  And this wasn't the first time it happened, either - he disappeared for an extended period of time after Hurricane Katrina, too.  I don't think anyone would put John on a WIS Hall of Shame.  Stuff happens, and what may look like irresponsible behavior to us might be the result of an unavoidable emergency to them.

Having said that, nin311ff should have moved heaven and earth to contact thejuice.  Even if it were to tell him "sorry, I signed up for a lot of your teams but I can't do it".  The rest of these names - at least the owners I'm familiar with - I can kind of understand, if not necessarily want as league-mates.  Nin signed up for 22 teams and then vanished, and this all happened in the space of a couple weeks.
of 17
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.