Larry_Jew's THE EV3NT bashing thread Topic

Out of all the decent shows in the history of television why would they redo 5-0?

Was this ever good, or just fun to laugh at.

Dont see anyone rushing to remake "Rocky Horror", and 5-0 is more campy!
9/21/2010 6:05 PM
That crap belongs in Mrsibob's Hawaii 5-0 thread. This is a thread for THE EV3NT.

Second offenses will be dealt with.
9/21/2010 8:45 PM
OK so I finally got a chance to watch it.

1 This was the first episode and they were trying to introduce everyone and the general theme.

2 It sucked.

The idea of jumping around time seems cool and can be valuable, but in this case it was just hiding a lack of interesting dialogue.

They didnt seem to do a good job of introducing the people. No one seemed to be really acting. Except for the promise of some great supernatural power there was nothing all that interesting.

If this had been run in order it would be really bad. Jumping around led to some faux mystery.

Again this was the first episode, and often the 1st one sucks.

I am concerned.

9/24/2010 2:06 AM
Second episode.

Still not getting to a point. TV series need to actually do something every week.

Again the acting seems to be carrying the writing.
10/3/2010 8:16 PM
blasphemy.
10/3/2010 8:43 PM
Someone should tell them lost was poular because it was good, not because it was cryptic!
10/4/2010 4:35 AM
And if there is a betting pool somewhere....

They are more evolved humans from the future.
10/5/2010 1:50 PM
I won't even watch this **** on Netflix after I'm done jerking off.     
11/20/2013 7:15 PM
I want a CRISIS bashing thread.  I think you owe the world a thread bashing at least one new NBC drama each year.
3/25/2014 11:43 AM
My television consumption is now 100% streamed, so I have very little exposure to the 'drivel for the masses' type entertainment stuff you enjoy.

I did catch a commercial somewhere for a show with Omar Epps where dead people start showing up again randomly.  It looked especially terrible, do you watch that one?

3/26/2014 9:32 AM
I also recently binged the 3rd season of Game of Thrones.  It's been a few years since I watched the first two so I forgot pretty much everything about who the people were.  Until the episode where they were cutting all those throats, then it all came back to me.  But now everyone is dead and I'm back where I started.

I can't remember how that one girl ended up with dragons.  She was just regular preggers right?  Then instead having of a boy or a girl she had three dragons?

3/26/2014 9:36 AM
Oh, come on!  It's got Gillian Anderson talking like she's had her jaw wired shut 3 too many times. 

I've streamlined out most real drivel, but I'll watch the first episode or two of anything Abrams-y, because sometimes you've just gotta lean into your weaknesses.

Resurrrection.  I saw the first episode.  I feel like I owe it to Omar to watch, but it's pretty meh. 
3/26/2014 9:38 AM
Posted by larry_jew on 3/26/2014 9:36:00 AM (view original):
I also recently binged the 3rd season of Game of Thrones.  It's been a few years since I watched the first two so I forgot pretty much everything about who the people were.  Until the episode where they were cutting all those throats, then it all came back to me.  But now everyone is dead and I'm back where I started.

I can't remember how that one girl ended up with dragons.  She was just regular preggers right?  Then instead having of a boy or a girl she had three dragons?

Heh, something like that. 

That one greasy pedo-looking guy gave her dragon eggs as a wedding present.  Later there was a fire, didn't burn her, eggs hatched, voila - dragons.  The human baby got dead up inside her because she made a deal with a witch or something to keep the new Conan alive, but he was still brain-dead.   I can't remember what got changed from the books though, some of that might not have been in the show. 
3/26/2014 9:42 AM
Ok that makes sense.

I'm not impressed by her army.  I feel like gelding soldiers isn't the best idea, they should be all high voiced and whimpy right?  Maybe balls aren't as important in the testosterone creation process as I think, which would make sense since I'm not really a doctor.
3/26/2014 10:04 AM
No, I think you're right.  It seemed biologically out of whack to me back when I first read it.
3/26/2014 1:11 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Larry_Jew's THE EV3NT bashing thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.