Meet the super-range team (+ play tracking thread) Topic

wondering about OF assists for high range guys
any numbers on OF Assists?
7/3/2010 7:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
all of assists represent IRL is the the belief that a runner can take advantage of an OFr
7/4/2010 10:24 AM
Hmm, I might have to rethink my valuing of infield range considering those LW values.  Good stuff.
7/6/2010 9:08 PM
Really enjoing this thread, great work, regarding the low number of assists, I'm wondering if guys just don't run on A+ OF's, similar to that of low SB attempts on A+ armed catchers?
7/8/2010 3:47 PM
Great thread, please know rhat I appreciate your efforts for our benefit. I am curious about the teams W-L record, and pitcher's stats. Some of your player selections are guys I wouldn't have selected, in the sense that in a 120m league, their D would not offset (IMO) their weak O. So I wonder how the team is doing overall. Also, I am curious on the number of errors, and I wonder if you went with all modern era pitchers?
7/10/2010 2:29 AM
I'd like to see this experiment run in Coors, where I believe the +/- plays are exaggerated.  I'm currently using Matt Williams at 3B in Coors, and he has 34 + plays in 139 games, .245 per game.  Compared to your Latham's .141 per game.  OTH, I use lots of old school pitchers...

7/11/2010 6:28 AM
One unmentioned benefit of these + plays:  It cuts down on pitches, and therefore pitcher fatigue.
7/11/2010 6:33 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Meet the super-range team (+ play tracking thread) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.