FC Dynasty Unofficial Guide Book Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thanks, for the tips/refresher, made coming back easier.
3/11/2011 1:45 AM
Wow, I know zero about soccer but this really made things much easier to understand, at least in terms of getting started.  Thanks way much pajamainc.  I'm still clueless about how one goes about affecting game events, and of course, there are probably dozens of things I haven't even encountered yet, but I'm sure that stuff comes with time.  Is there a discussion about tactics here somewhere?
5/14/2011 2:03 PM
Posted by coolmoris00 on 2/17/2011 3:34:00 PM (view original):
how do you resign a player, and what is the difference between resigning and free agency
Is it possible to get a dead league going again by just adding more attention to it? Or is that out of our hands
5/17/2011 1:43 AM
I would add that when it comes to tactics, it all depends on what type of team you've built.  Did you focus on defense, then use 5-3-2, If you have a well-balanced team then use a 4-4-2,  and If you have built an offensive minded team then us 4-4-3,  I haven't used the 4-4-1-1 much but from my experience it would work well if you have a good passer, with good offensive instinct, and dribbling and a good power kicker with great shooting ability, and heading as your shooter, you should theoritically be successful

Should so we are clear the order would be: def, mid, for

The biggest thing I could suggest is to tinker with it through exhibition games and find out what works well for you.  Just make sure your opponents are evenly matched so you get an accurate reading on it.  I usually use the same opponent 2 or 3 times and use different tactics
5/17/2011 1:55 AM
Can a 62 stamina gk play all 38 matches?
6/13/2011 3:55 PM
probably not, maybe 33
6/16/2011 4:53 PM
He's 22 years old. Can he improve enough to play all 38?
6/17/2011 6:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Can he be effective for all 38 games?
6/22/2011 11:03 AM
Is there any rule of thumb / general guidelines about how much to offer in a transfer?  I'm new and don't have a clue what is reasonable.
8/16/2011 4:59 PM
Posted by tschol on 8/16/2011 4:59:00 PM (view original):
Is there any rule of thumb / general guidelines about how much to offer in a transfer?  I'm new and don't have a clue what is reasonable.
Nothing wrong with sitemailing the owner to negotiate.  If the player looks to be in high demand then you might want to strike fast with a higher money offer.  But often an owner is also just looking to move a player he has no intention of losing, and getting the $ back in the process... so he'll settle for minimum.

8/16/2011 7:10 PM
none of my young players improved from last season, did they put a stop on improvement?
8/21/2011 1:12 PM
Posted by coolmoris00 on 8/21/2011 1:12:00 PM (view original):
none of my young players improved from last season, did they put a stop on improvement?
No changes have been made to improvements - nor, for that matter, to ANY aspect of FCD - that I have seen.

1/  Improvements - or declines - don't show up right away at the beginning of a season, they seem to occur at different times for individual players.

2/ Exactly how young are your players?  Changes in ratings depends on age, sometimes position, and of course...

3/ How much playing time did they get?

8/21/2011 1:19 PM
Anyone have any specific ratings formula they use? Something seems really wrong with mine. No hard feelings if no one wants to share the wealth haha.
11/15/2011 12:45 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Unofficial Guide Book Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.