ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

When you think you can win your division, how do you set defensive replacements and player rest in the managerial settings?
1/9/2013 2:34 PM
I always think I can win my division.   Depending on my back-ups, I usually set rest at 5-6 runs when winning/losing after 7(sometimes 6).   If I have good back-ups, I set the low numbers in runs/inning.   If I have crap back-ups, I set the high numbers.    Depending on my team, it's 2 runs in the 7th/8th/9th for defensive replacements.  I only set one player at each defensive position.   It may even be the starter if he's my best glove man.
1/9/2013 3:17 PM
Bailey will get destroyed.   McPherson will be inconsistent but better overall.
1/10/2013 12:08 PM
I don't really have a great option at 3B for one of my teams.  I have a couple of defensive SS's that don't hit nearly well enough for 3B, so I traded for  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jorge Castillo to take the position because I like the bat for what I had to give up, but I obviously don't like his defense for 3B. 

Would you rather have Castillo at 3B and Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jason Jordan 2B, or the other way around?

My other 3B options would be:  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Damaso James, Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Buster Dykstra & Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Daryl Spivey.
1/11/2013 12:52 PM
Castillo at 3B, Jordan at 2B.  James could play 3B as well as Castillo.   The other two, if not playing SS, just need to be utility guys.
1/11/2013 2:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/11/2013 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Castillo at 3B, Jordan at 2B.  James could play 3B as well as Castillo.   The other two, if not playing SS, just need to be utility guys.
Ok, that's what I was thinking, just wanted a second opinion.
How badly do you think Castillo's D will hurt over a season at 3B?
1/11/2013 2:29 PM
He's gonna kick a fair amount and then, once he picks it up, throw it in the stands.   When I skimp at 3B, I usually go low range/arm strength(+/- plays).   You went the other way so I have no real experience on how many errors he'll make. 
1/11/2013 2:41 PM
I have a recent draft pick, current year. He's still needs much more development to reach his potential but currently is probably better than my 4 and 5 starters. Will he still develop at the same pace at the ML level? If it matters, he was drafted 3 and is 22,  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Howie Leonard. Thank you..
1/13/2013 7:37 AM
He'll develop just fine at the BL level but you'll lose salary control after 11 seasons.   Looking at him now, I think you can probably find a similar pitcher on the FA page for cheap.   I'd do that and let him have a season or two in the minors.
1/13/2013 8:27 AM
After the AS break so pickings are slim, best of the bunch  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Danys Solano would you use him over the guy I posted above?  
1/13/2013 10:35 AM
There doesn't seem to be much difference between them.  It's pretty much a coin flip.   I'd take Leonard.  But I'd only do it if I were making a playoff run.
1/13/2013 11:44 AM
I am, and thank you?
1/13/2013 11:52 AM
Have a 19th round, 19 yo C became  a DiTR, and now projects to contact of 89, but splits of 2 and 3 and power of 2 -- mid 50s eye.  Defensive guru - 97 PC 80+ Arms.  If he reaches projections, how will he perform at the plate?
1/14/2013 9:14 AM
60 games left in the season, I just had a declining vet go down with a 240+ game injury and put him on the 60-day.  Final season of his contract is coming up; I have a $1 million team option and was already leaning strongly toward buying him out.  Will I be able to exercise this option while he's injured?  Will I have to make sure he's not still on the DL at that time?

1/14/2013 10:46 AM
◂ Prev 1...692|693|694|695|696...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.