ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

How quickly will your Drinking McTards get trounced in the upcoming playoff series against my far superior Sons of Geronimo?

Votes: 8
(Last vote received: 1/6/2013 10:57 AM)
1/2/2013 2:58 PM
Is it wrong to have Neil Diamond, Hot August Night in my top 10 live albums of all time?
Is it wrong that it's been there since public school?
1/2/2013 3:42 PM
Wait it out.   I do line-up adjustments but I'm not sure that accomplishes much.

See response.

Yes and yes. 
1/3/2013 7:59 AM
Who did people ask HBD questions to before they asked MikeT23?
1/3/2013 10:10 AM
In the quest for defensive perfection, it seems that with almost all my teams, I find myself signing a million shortstops and then changing their positions.  Do you think I can be very successful with this strategy?  Example
1/3/2013 10:40 AM
The sent a ticket and waited 3 days.   Threadmaster Sergie decided that he needed a quicker response.

A good defensive team will allow for a weaker pitching staff.   Unfortunately, that team doesn't have the look of a team that can win a 7-6 game.  So, when the other team hits a couple of bombs, you're in trouble.   No big deal over 162 but it's tough in a 5 game series because almost everyone has a team that can hit a couple of bombs.
1/3/2013 2:29 PM
I don't think I really understand your answer.  I have 8 players that hit 20 + home runs.  Am I not understanding you correctly?
1/3/2013 2:40 PM
You scored 763 runs.  That's slightly above average in most worlds.   Slightly above average usually becomes average or below average in the playoffs because the quality of competition is better.   I don't see that as an "explosive" offense. 
1/3/2013 2:52 PM
Mike, I forgot to demote my call-ups back to AAA at the end of last season.  We are now in FA signing of the following season.  When can I demote without penalty? Thanks
1/3/2013 3:32 PM
Before the R5 roster freeze.
1/3/2013 3:47 PM
Blue Jays reliever Darren Oliver is considering the possibility of retirement after a 19-year career if Toronto doesn't raise his salary or trade him to the Rangers.

The Blue Jays picked up Oliver's $3 million option for 2013 after he went 3-4 with a 2.06 ERA in 62 games this past season. The 2.06 ERA was the lowest in Oliver's career, but his $3 million salary is far less than the three-year, $18 million contract that the Giants gave left-handed reliever Jeremy Affeldt this offseason.

Oliver, 42, pitched for the Rangers in 2010-11 and his family still lives in Tarrant County. He would prefer to pitch for the Rangers or retire if the Blue Jays aren't willing to address his contract situation.

darren oliver- dildo? or dildo? did this clown give back the salaries he was paid back when he sucked **** earlier in his career?

1/4/2013 1:20 PM
Did you know that when I got to sit in the Texas Rangers dugout in Arlington during BP before a game in 2000, Darren Oliver sat a few feet over from me in the dugout giving a radio interview?
1/4/2013 1:37 PM
He's 42, it's his last rodeo.    Jays should say "Here's your gold retirement watch.  Try to sell it for 3m, dildo."

Yes.  It's been called the "Arlington reacharound incident" for years.
1/4/2013 4:56 PM
How do you feel about this guy as a starting C on an NL team with an otherwise strong lineup?

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2886917
1/6/2013 12:12 PM
I expected him to be a whole lot worse.  I don't have a problem using a strictly defensive player in the NL.  It gives you two outs, counting the pitcher, every time thru the line-up but it's not the end of the world.   I'd give up three outs for superior defensive players.   
1/6/2013 1:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...690|691|692|693|694...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.