ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I must be missing something .... I noticed an owner arb'ed a star player in his second eligible season, then a minute later signed him to a contract extension. Didn't think you could do that till the 3rd arb session rolled around. Can't find the option on the FA or arb page. How .. what ... huh ... ?
11/25/2012 11:56 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Was looking at some of the other coaches decisions on budgets in n HBD league...What would going 0 money on advance scouting do to you?
11/26/2012 4:22 AM

Something doesn't sound right.   Maybe it was a 3rd arb.

Pretty much every female in the animal kingdom has a teat of some sort.  

If you know what you're doing, nothing of importance.   If you rely on ADV at all, it makes those numbers absolutely useless.

11/26/2012 8:19 AM
I was under the impression tht ADV was important to how you see any player not on your team.

Is there a way around this?
11/26/2012 12:58 PM
It's been explained to me ...  Wilt Miles. How-to: arb guy second time ... *don't* return to arb page, instead click on long-term contract (I'm told it's still there), then execute long-term offer.

So now I need to come up with a question: Given that there apparently is a little-known glitch in the arb program (and if MikeT didn't know about it, it must be little-known), if an owner gains a competitive advantage from it and chooses not to alert WIS to its existence, is he being a bad boy?
11/26/2012 1:51 PM
Well, first, every player is largely done developing by their 5th year so how you see players 0-4 seasons is what you're seeking.   If you're not trading for those types, it doesn't matter.  Second, players have a pretty straighforward development pattern.   So, if that 3rd-4th year pro has improved 8, 4 and 2 points in a category over the last three seasons, he's pretty much done improving.  Third, if you're looking to trade for 1st-2nd year pros, look at their draft positions or signging bonuses.  Unless the guy you're dealing with is a 'tard, a high pick or big signing bonus is pretty good.  If he's trying to sell you a 3rd round pick or 375k IFA as a future HOFer, he's probably full of ****.
11/26/2012 1:52 PM
I tend to send a ticket telling WifS about the loophole/glitch and then announce it to the world in the forums.  Then, if WifS doesn't fix it, my conscious is clear while I abuse the loophole/glitch and gain an advantage.   If others don't do the same, that's OK too.   You don't have to police the website for erros, IMO.

BTW, I imagine that would work with a 3rd arb.   Get the extra arb year, and then sign the guy for 5 seasons thus lengthening your control to 12 seasons.
11/26/2012 1:56 PM
IS there a point in this stupid coach hiring process when some of the ridiculous logjam of unemployable coaches waiting for higher-level jobs start accepting lower-level jobs?  Or do they just sit around in some virtual legion hall drinking beers and talking about "this kid I had in Scottsdale..."?
11/26/2012 7:48 PM
No, there isn't much point in it.   Hundreds of suggestions have been made to improve the process.   The best, made by me, was that unemployed coaches do not request level or salary.   The world will sort out how much they make and at what level.
11/27/2012 8:38 AM
11/27/2012 10:29 AM
That's not brick.   It's battery acid.   GET OUT OF THERE, LITTLE DOGGIE!!!!!
11/27/2012 10:39 AM
I've got a team coming off my only WS win.  Weak at 1B.   Have Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Moose Munro getting most of the ABs, but he is older and does not have the durability to play all the time. 

Have   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Albert Hernandez  currently spot starting vR and on the bench.  .

What do you think about bringing up Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Enrique Machado to hit against righties?  Team built on pitching and defense (OAV of .232 -- next closest in NL is .250) -- Will he hurt on D more than he will help on offense?
11/27/2012 9:26 PM
Why is my team/player under achiving?

Votes: 5
(Last vote received: 12/1/2012 1:36 AM)
11/27/2012 10:47 PM
I'm not convinced Machado will produce any more at the plate than Munro.     If it worked last season, I'd wait to see if it doesn't work this season if that's your best upgrade option.

Yes.
11/28/2012 8:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...681|682|683|684|685...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.