EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

So the new ballots are out. Some of those Royals sure lost a lot of ground.
6/22/2015 7:58 PM
Cuz their votes are a ******* JOKE. Infante, Rios, Escobar, Cain, Gordon, Butler. They should have taken the voting out of the fans hands the very minute that the game was changed to have VERY SIGNIFICANT MEANING, aka HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE in the WS. The only Royals even deserving of consideration are Hosmer, who is a very obvious second behind Cabby, Moustakas, who is obviously bettered by Donaldson, and Perez, who SHOULD be the starting catcher even though Vogt has been statistically better all season. I could also live with Gordon starting in the OF, but not Cain. It's also VERY obvious that Cruz is by FAR the best DH in the game thus far this season, so Butler is out too. The voting is a JOKE, and no matter what happens, I'm sure we're going to see some very undeserving Royals in the starting lineup.
6/23/2015 6:36 PM
Hosmer is an obvious second to miggy? Did you miss the seasons fielder and Pujols are having? Butler is with Oakland. The rest I agree with you completely.
6/23/2015 6:48 PM
Uhh, Butler is in Oakland, have you studied the matter whatsoever or are you a drunk crybaby 'fan'?
The all star game is a fan vote, and the same argument was against Jeter last year. The fans want the Royals in and the Royals are in. End of matter.
6/29/2015 12:08 AM
The "fans" who want Omar Infante in the game are morons. Even Kansas City fans should know he's not a very good player right now, and definitely not the best 2b in the al.
6/29/2015 10:44 PM
And the newest ballot has you down to five starters. Perez, Infante, Escobar, Cain, Gordon. Clearly the fans are changing their minds.
6/29/2015 10:46 PM
I voted for mostly KC players and Infante.  If the Pirates can make it to the WS, an extra home game would help.
6/30/2015 6:25 AM
Great. Let's all do that. Brewers versus Red Sox in the all star game.
6/30/2015 1:22 PM
Look, I'm not saying that you're wrong, I'm saying I'm right. The Royals may be the best team in the AL, but their only real All-Stars are Gordon, Perez, and Cain., maybe Esky. On offense at least. What I take offense to areAcalls that our fans are stupid and we should be penalized.(MikeT23) and B) That 'everyone' doesn't like the Royals starting the All Star game. Obviously we've gotten more votes, so more fans want us to start. If you were right, it wouldn't be happening. The Royals were in the lead because our fans got the memo that you can vote a whole bunch of times online, and now your fans are doing it too. We Royals fans have waited 30 years for this, and now we get it, so we are embracing it.
6/30/2015 2:36 PM
You have to be a bit of a Royals homer to think that both Gordon and Cain deserve to be starting...  I definitely think Trout and Gardener should both be starting, so you should really have to choose.  But yeah, whoever wouldn't be would be probably the next-best choice, so it's not bad.  Not like Infante...  Particularly painful given how strong an argument could be made that Kipnis has been the most valuable all-around player in the AL this year and probably won't be starting the ASG.  What does he need to do?  Apparently playing much-improved defense while OPSing closer to .950 than .900 at a badly offensively-challenged position isn't good enough...
6/30/2015 3:26 PM
I voted for Infante. I can't wait for someone to try to argue someday that Infante belongs in the Hall of Fame because he was elected as an All Star game starter.

Cause it's the Hall of FAME
6/30/2015 3:38 PM
What's really impressive about Omar Infante and Salvador Perez is that they've managed to combine for comfortably over 500 plate appearances with a combined total of 7 walks.

Adam Jones is jealous.

6/30/2015 5:11 PM
I wasn't saying that they were the #1 choice, I was saying that it wouldn't be outrageous because they are good players, and Gordon has been ASG before, Cain ALCS MVP. Moose, Hos, and K-Mo have all had good years, but Donaldson, Cabrera/Fielder, and Cruz have been much better.
6/30/2015 8:39 PM
But more people want Infante to start than Kipnis so... 
6/30/2015 8:40 PM
More people also elected george w bush twice. Cincinnati left willie mays and hank Aaron off the all star team one year.... I suppose it's a good thing for you, since infante is the better second baseman, since he's the one going to the all star game, that they never traded David lough to get Altuve, as you suggested, huh?
6/30/2015 9:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...26|27|28|29|30...33 Next ▸
EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.