What are you reading? Topic

I'm reading two books currently: American Lion (about the Andrew Jackson presidency) and The Zombie Survival Guide (about surviving/coping with zombie infestations)
10/27/2009 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By sheller on 10/27/2009Ball Four is to sports books what Citizen Kane is to movies. It gets props for being groundbreaking, but when you finally get around to reading/watching it you find out it pretty much sucks donkey chips
Ball Four is overrated... read Bo Belinsky: Pitching and Wooing if you want to be entertained.
10/27/2009 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pinotfan on 10/27/2009I'm reading two books currently: American Lion (about the Andrew Jackson presidency) and The Zombie Survival Guide (about surviving/coping with zombie infestations
I have been worrying lately about zombies. Being a Mormon, we are taught to be prepared for emergencies. I think I'll get the book so I'll be prepared.
10/27/2009 2:03 PM
Liberty and Tyranny - A conservative manifesto by Mark Levin
10/27/2009 2:25 PM
At the risk of sounding boring, or perhaps something even worse, I have been reading the Bible, and apologetic literature. I grew up in an alcohol dominated house hold, and my life was in turmoil until i opened a Bible by chance one day, and it made sense. other than that, i am addicted to crossword puzzles, and pick up a newspaper where ever i'm at. I read "Edison and the Electric Chair" a few months ago, that is an excellent read.
10/27/2009 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pinotfan on 10/27/2009I'm reading two books currently: American Lion (about the Andrew Jackson presidency)

The best book I've read this year
10/27/2009 3:44 PM
I'm a freak for alternate history... Just finishing Harry Turtledove's Days of Infamy, about Japan following up Pearl Harbor with an invasion fleet and taking Hawaii.

By the way, I would bet money that Turtledove has used this site. Old time baseball players keep popping up in his books, in different roles. Mordecai Brown as a 3 fingered construction worker, Granny Hammer as a medic in WWII, Lou Gehrig as a running back in a world where baseball didn't catch on, and he named a pirate in another story Brickyard Kennedy. You don't just come up with a name like "Brickyard Kennedy".

10/27/2009 4:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Quote: Originally Posted By pfattkatt on 10/27/2009
At the risk of sounding boring, or perhaps something even worse, I have been reading the Bible, and apologetic literature. I grew up in an alcohol dominated house hold, and my life was in turmoil until i opened a Bible by chance one day, and it made sense. other than that, i am addicted to crossword puzzles, and pick up a newspaper where ever i'm at. I read "Edison and the Electric Chair" a few months ago, that is an excellent read.
You'd be hard pressed to find something better to read. In fact, you won't...

Ijust finished Twilight...grossly overrated. I bought three books assuming they would be good. What a bust.
10/27/2009 5:50 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
10/27/2009 7:31 PM
Blood's A Rover
10/27/2009 9:44 PM
Masters of the Air - America's Bomber Boys who fought the air war against Nazi Germany

Just finished it. Have to start looking for something new.

10/27/2009 10:07 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
10/27/2009 10:17 PM
10/28/2009 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazystengel on 10/27/2009I finally got around to reading Veeck as in Wreck. It was pretty entertaining, and I got some insight into players I've used at WIS who I'd previously known nothing about.

That's the next bio on my "to read" list.
10/28/2009 12:01 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...90 Next ▸
What are you reading? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.