Increased Streakiness Topic

Quote: Originally posted by mudbone1969 on 9/20/2009
They also do pick and choose who they unleash it on. Look at the guys with tons of titles...those guys NEVER make waves in the forums. Hence, they never get cheated out of anything. Guys like me, who have been known to make a ripple or two out here, get it shoved where the sun don't shine on purpose.

Like it's gonna make me stop.

Well, I guess there's nothing else to say then. Except:

WIS RULEZ!!!!1

9/20/2009 4:12 PM
Seriously, though. That's nuts.
9/20/2009 4:13 PM
The "equalizer algorithim" talk sure is getting people riled up. If you think about it rationally you will recognize that for one it is hear say. A conversation with someone (not named, but assumed to be "at the top") and admittedly a conversation whereby they were "half in the bag".

Ok, so let's say that it exists. I won't argue with hear say even though that kind of thing doesn't hold up as true evidence anyway. Ok it exists. Does anybody know how it is applied? How often it is used? Is it every playoff series or is it 5 out of a 100, or more? Nobody knows. Nobody knows anything other than statistical abherrations exist in our game and the only way to explain it is by reference to a conversation by two guys half in the bag.

Nobody talks about crushing a weaker opponent in the first round....nobody. Why? because nobody cares. It isn't sexy headlines.
9/20/2009 4:13 PM
winnetka, I wasn't old how it is applied, only that it exists.
9/20/2009 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By crazystengel on 9/20/2009
Quote: Originally posted by mudbone1969 on 9/20/2009
They also do pick and choose who they unleash it on. Look at the guys with tons of titles...those guys NEVER make waves in the forums. Hence, they never get cheated out of anything. Guys like me, who have been known to make a ripple or two out here, get it shoved where the sun don't shine on purpose.

Like it's gonna make me stop.

Well, I guess there's nothing else to say then. Except:

WIS RULEZ!!!!1

with all due respect Mudbone, you do suggest how it is applied...
9/20/2009 4:50 PM
Maybe so, but I don't know all the particulars I guess.

In any case, it's real and don't let anyone tell you different.
9/20/2009 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mudbone1969 on 9/20/2009Maybe so, but I don't know all the particulars I guess.

This is most definitely NOT TRUE. There is no adjustment logic of any kind.

Whether you're a new user, incredibly helpful veteran user or the largest troublemaker on our site, all simulations are straight up.
9/21/2009 9:58 AM
It's not a truth. I'm actually shocked that anyone thought it be true.

It not.
9/21/2009 9:59 AM

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything.
9/21/2009 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By tzentmeyer on 9/21/2009
Quote: Originally posted by mudbone1969 on 9/20/2009 Maybe so, but I don't know all the particulars I guess.

This is most definitely NOT TRUE. There is no adjustment logic of any kind.

Whether you're a new user, incredibly helpful veteran user or the largest troublemaker on our site, all simulations are straight up.
Is there anything in the algorithms that adjusts players or teams up or down to simulate "hot" and "cold" streaks?

9/21/2009 11:26 AM
No, there is not. But you'll "see it" from time to time, just like you'll see 7 straight coin flips turn up heads.
9/21/2009 3:53 PM
This closes the issue for me (not that it was ever an open issue to begin with...)

So those of you who think the SIM intentionally inserts drama, or streakiness, or upgrades/downgrades certain players/teams/owners for any reason whatsoever....I'm curious:

-- Do you think Tom is just blatantly lying to us?
9/21/2009 4:03 PM
The absolute saddest part....

There are users who will read TZ's unequivocal statement and still believe that there is still some code that will cause streaks to occur out in the sim.

Quite frankly... You read it here in black on blue. TZ has clearly stated that there is NO such code to artificially randomize performance and induce streaks.

Now, if you STILL believe that this code exists, when the guy who is basically running the site tells you otherwise, then you need to ask yourself: Why am I here, wastinging time and/or money when I can't trust them to tell the truth?

And, while you're at it, please ask yourself why government assassins killed JFK, why they've been hiding a flying saucer in area 51 since 1947, and why IS everybody is out to get you.

9/21/2009 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By zubinsum on 9/21/2009Is there anything in the algorithms that adjusts players or teams up or down to simulate "hot" and "cold" streaks

Quote: Originally Posted By tzentmeyer on 9/21/2009
No, there is not. But you'll "see it" from time to time, just like you'll see 7 straight coin flips turn up heads.
Thanks tzentmeyer. I am glad you answered these questions straight up. For me, it puts both these issues to bed. This page really needs to be bookmarked.
9/21/2009 4:13 PM
I hope they keep doing it as long as I'm the beneficiary. They should at least do it through the end of my current season in which Willie McGee `85 is batting .455 through the first 102 games and is currently on track for 318 hits, 196 RBI, 155 runs and 65 stolen bases. At AT&T Park, in an $80 MM OL.

Moving on to the next topic, do curve balls really curve, or is that a hoax perpetrated by women to get us to think about their bodies?

9/26/2009 12:51 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Increased Streakiness Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.