The Big Ten Topic

I don't know how much I like this.  It just reminds me that I'm the worst coach in the conference.  Great work though tmac.  Hopefully this will help get Minnesota filled in the next turnover.
6/23/2010 10:47 AM
Nice work as well Tmac I'm trying to figure out what i want to put in here related to Wisconsin
6/25/2010 4:06 PM (edited)
Conference Awards

Voted by actual members of The Big Ten

Conference Coach of the Year: Scottevans21- Scott led Northwestern to a breakout season. He earned a Number 1 seed in the National Tournament and also made it to The Conference Tournament Finals. His season ended in the 2nd round of the National Tournament, a somewhat sour ending to a magical season.

Conference Defensive Player of the Year: Michael Harrell- Michael was the lynchpin to Michigan State's defense this year, leading the conference with 1.6 bpg while also adding .8 spg.

Conference Freshmen of the Year: Aaron Collard- Aaron came in as the number 3 player in the nation and didnt disappoint. His 10.4 ppg led the Big 10's frosh this season and he was a valuable key to Michigan State's season.

And Finally, the Conference Player of the Year is... Douglas Kennedy- Doug led Northwestern to its best season ever. He was 2nd in the conference in scoring with 15.7 ppg and 7th in assists with 2.8. Northwestern will definitely miss this guy next year.

All Conference Teams

1st Team
Douglas Kennedy, Northwestern
Robert Bernard, Michigan
Tyrone Bowman, Iowa
Henry Taylor, Iowa
John Petti, Illinois

2nd Team
Nicholas Simmons, Minnesota
Joe Mazzola, Penn State
Anthony DeRosa, Indiana
Michael Harrell, Michigan State
Sharman Fortin, Michigan State

3rd Team
Harry Brown, Michigan State
Cesar Vargas, Illinois
Jerry Skinner, Michigan State
Anthony LaChappelle, Illinois
Steven Talley, Wisconsin
6/28/2010 8:55 PM (edited)
Conference Tournament Recap

Round 1

1 Seed: Michigan State- Bye

4 Seed: Purdue 65
vs
5 Seed: Notre Dame 53

2 Seed: Indiana- Bye

3 Seed: Wisconsin 61
vs
6 Seed: Ohio State 59

1 Seed: Northwestern- Bye

4 Seed: Michigan 65
vs
5 Seed: Penn State 75

2 Seed: Iowa- Bye

3 Seed: Illinois 118
vs
6 Seed: Minnesota 71

Round 2

1 Seed: Michigan State 89
vs
4 Seed Purdue 63

2 Seed: Indiana 71
vs
3 Seed: Wisconsin 74

1 Seed: Northwestern 95
vs
5 Seed: Penn State 78

2 Seed: Iowa 87
vs
3 Seed: Illinois 108

Semi-Finals

1 Seed: Michigan State 82
vs
3 Seed: Wisconsin 71

1 Seed: Northwestern 67
vs
3 Seed: Illinois 64

Finals
1 Seed: Michigan State 83
vs
1 Seed: Northwestern 59

Michigan State is the Big Ten Conference Tournament Champion!
6/28/2010 10:33 PM (edited)
Reserved for Big Ten National Tournament Recap
6/28/2010 8:56 PM
Any word on the All-Freshman team?  Not that I'm not appreciative of what you've already done.
6/29/2010 9:01 PM
My Bad...

All Freshmen

Aaron Collard, Michigan State
Luis Cerrano, Illinois
Ronald Carberry, Michigan
James Grell, Northwestern
Frank Lasley, Wisconsin

6/29/2010 10:28 PM
Geesh you guys must not like guys named Kaseko :)  Same numbers as Grell except almost double the ppg :)  Thanks again Tmac for putting all this together
6/30/2010 12:03 PM
I voted for your man Kaseko.  Embarrassingly, I actually voted him Freshman of the Year (missed Collard...oops)
7/1/2010 9:59 PM
Yeah that was a mistake by the coaches.  I voted for that exact freshman team with Abdullai in the place of Grell.  I like my guy but he didn't deserve to be on that team. 
7/4/2010 9:46 PM
Just looking to make inroads with this team....first off to have a good recruiting class.
7/5/2010 9:31 AM
wvyjack, you shouldn't have any problem with that team.  I was shocked he left but I'm sure he had his reasons.  Iowa is in good shape.
7/5/2010 11:08 AM
Michigan Season Preview expected tomorrow!!  Stay tuned
7/5/2010 4:47 PM
Michigan Pre Season Team Outlook

Coming off a disappointing campaign last season the Coach Goofypook and Wolverines are looking to bounce back, and once again make it into the field of 64! Since taking over the Michigan Program, Coach Goofypook finds himself sitting on an overall all record of 82-79. The program is definitely at a crossroads and I’m sure the Wolverine Faithful are growing very impatient. At a recent news conference Coach Goofypook stated; “We are very excited about our returning players, and although we are still relatively inexperienced, this group is focused on playing good basketball in MARCH!” Let’s just hope the team can live up to Coaches lofty goals….

Returning Starters 4
Returning Letter Winners: 10
Top Returning Players:

Carl Stevens- 11.4 ppg/6rpg
William Harvard-7.2 ppg

Recruiting Outlook-

Coach Goofypook has had a number of solid prospects who have expressed interest in joining the Wolverine Program! Stay Tuned to see who lands in the Maize and Blue!!
7/6/2010 9:25 AM
I like the outlook goofy, hopefully you make the NT this year. 
7/10/2010 9:15 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
The Big Ten Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.