Few Questions About Ratings Topic

Bump.
7/13/2009 2:51 PM
If you play a young player, will he improve faster than if he sits on the bench?
11/14/2009 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By dss23rdgrndr on 11/14/2009If you play a young player, will he improve faster than if he sits on the bench
So far, yes. However, in the future (future upgrade) players will get somewhat better advances than they do now for riding the pine (supposedly the value of practicing even if not playing). Probably playing will still beat not playing, though.
11/30/2009 12:57 PM
What are the key skills or GKs?
12/21/2009 12:01 PM
In addition to the two goalkeeping skills, look for corner kick and free kick defense, and ball striking. Defensive instinct is a bonus if it's nice as well.
12/21/2009 12:22 PM
stamina is one from the most important stats for all players, higher rating will give you advantage to use it in more games ,strength + speed
12/21/2009 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jason5 on 6/14/2009At this point nobody knows the exact answer to your question but here are my opinions.1. stamina is important (at least above 50) the others not so much.2. by far skill ratings3. forward (shooting, cor offense, fk offense, heading, recieving, striking) mid (everything) defense (marking, tackling, heading, cor defense, cor fK)4. just the beginning of the season as far as I know5. They start to go down around 28 or 29 but playing time matters.6. not very fast unless they are 21 or lower.
I like soccer (my daughter likes to watch Manchester United games all the time, so I watch with her), but I have to admit that I do not know much at all about the positions and which are most important, etc.

Based on what has been said in the above post, I can basically decide the best Forwards and the best Defenders (and of course the best GK).

I can also see that having very good forwards is good for scoring and having very good defenders is good to try and prevent the other team from scoring.

So, what is everyone's feeling the midfielders? Should my priorities be my best 2 forwards play forward, then next my best 4 defenders get marked as defenders, then pick the next 4 best players to play midfield?

I am waiting to join a league now, so I can't currently see what other players are doing. Maybe some of my questions will be obvious when I look at other coaches teams.
4/5/2010 10:57 AM
Don't plan to play your players out of position, ie. where they have no experience bars at all. It is a big difference to even move tham from a position where they have 4 or 5 experience bars to a position where they only have 1 or 2. Experience bars are a very important modifier of attributes, and shows clearly in your results.

You will probably have some mids who are good defenders and some who are good attackers. You may mix and match, or you may concentrate on mainly O or mainly D, depending on where you feel your team needs the help the most.

GL with your teams, and especially good luck getting into a world that isn't riddled by cheating yet. Check out the thread about the definition of cheating in FCD that Norbert started. Basically, if there is no rule against something, it isn't cheating. Guess what -- no rules!
4/5/2010 11:47 AM
For beginning you will start with 20 players, none from them will be good enough to compete with established teams, what I can give you as advice is to build as soon as you can around 35k stadium and if there is few good kids on FA market to sign them.
You will have 6 spots opened, depending from your formation the best practice is to sign 1GK,2D,2M and 1FW, that should give you boost to finish between 10-20 place.
Most of the worlds are in s9 and soon few will be in s10.

My definition about good young player is for D,M,F players with 46+OA stats and for GK should be over 55+.
4/5/2010 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by snake_p on 4/05/2010Don't plan to play your players out of position, ie. where they have no experience bars at all.  It is a big difference to even move tham from a position where they have 4 or 5 experience bars to a position where they only have 1 or 2.  Experience bars are a very important modifier of attributes, and shows clearly in your results.You will probably have some mids who are good defenders and some who are good attackers.  You may mix and match, or you may concentrate on mainly O or mainly D, depending on where you feel your team needs the help the most.GL with your teams, and especially good luck getting into a world that isn't riddled by cheating yet.  Check out the thread about the definition of cheating in FCD that Norbert started.  Basically, if there is no rule against something, it isn't cheating.  Guess what -- no rules!

Ah, I now see the position experience bars, which I did not see before. So there is an out of position penalty. Got it.

I don't care too much about cheating ... I am using this as much to learn more about soccer as to compete. I would rather play in a world with no cheating, certainly. And I would personally consider it cheating to collude ... regardless of rules.

So, it would seem that the experience bars also work with the attributes to define a good player, is that correct?

Some other questions:

So a player with 5 experience is better than a player with 4 experience if their attributes are the same?

Has anyone figured out a "Relative Effectiveness" for this experience rating (maybe some kind of multiplier to correct attributes for experience)? What I am looking for is that with a "5 experience" forward, you are OK with X for shooting, but with 4 experience, you would want 1.2 (or 1.1, 1.05, etc.) times X.

Again, I will look at some of the better teams and try to quantify this myself ... but if there is already some consensus here as to how that works that would be to know.
4/5/2010 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By hughesjr on 4/05/2010

Ah, I now see the position experience bars, which I did not see before. So there is an out of position penalty. Got it.

I don't care too much about cheating ... LOL, neither does WIS

So, it would seem that the experience bars also work with the attributes to define a good player, is that correct? yes

Some other questions:

So a player with 5 experience is better than a player with 4 experience if their attributes are the same? yes
Has anyone figured out a "Relative Effectiveness" for this experience rating (maybe some kind of multiplier to correct attributes for experience)? What I am looking for is that with a "5 experience" forward, you are OK with X for shooting, but with 4 experience, you would want 1.2 (or 1.1, 1.05, etc.) times X.

Again, I will look at some of the better teams and try to quantify this myself ... but if there is already some consensus here as to how that works that would be to know.

The effects can be a little difficult to quantify, in fact, a lot difficult to quantify. Getting some qualitative observations is easier than getting some quantitive observations. I believe it is fair to say that most guys don't even know which attributes are modified by the experience bars. Some may not even see any effect from experience bars. Some of the guys that have some things figured out have better records than me. I am in first place by only 1 point in the standings right now, and if I hang on to first it will only be my second championship, first since season three. Some guys have a lot better records than that.

One of the supposed next improvements will be an enhanced pbp. Once that happens, some better observations will likely be possible. Keep in mind, though, that someone (Fox? pointy-haired bosses?) is taking resources away from the WIS staff rather than giving them what they need to work on the games, and as a free game FCD is low game on the totem pole.
4/5/2010 1:14 PM
The whole game is a little bid "shady", don't think that you will understand a lot about soccer here. The most important part from the game is money management.

The theory about experience bars is just guessing, there is something but none is sure what exactly is.
But about your question is better to have the player with 5 bars, but when you sign young player you can see the improvement, so everything depends from you. The best is to have mixed team, my teams overall age is around 23-24 mostly, but I can say that my best players are 26+y old so far.

But none know what will happen in s10, maybe there will be a lot good and fresh blood into FA pool, but maybe will be same crap as s9. We will see in a few weeks.
4/5/2010 1:28 PM
Clearly, I'm not understanding how this works.  I look at the ratings on players that pop up through scouting searches--players on teams in my own league--and I can't comprehend how owners come up with players with such huge ratings.  Clumps of "100"s, 35 year-old guys having their best seasons.  Given that there seems to be no mechanism for affecting the increase or decrease in ratings, e.g., the practice systems present in the other Dynasty games, I just don't get how certain owners manage to turn their players into monsters.  I've completed over a dozen seasons, have never finished better than 10th in the league, and just this season had my first player go over 70 OVR.  I'm also sitting on a surplus of nearly $30 mm because I can't find anyone to spend it on.  I hear there's some esoteric system for trading between teams but don't see it described anywhere.  I've tried to make offers to other teams for some of their players but have been routinely ignored or rejected--nobody seems willing to negotiate for players or explain the process. Because you can't see your competition's rosters, I don't really understand how you're supposed to prepare from game to game.  I'd like to be competitive but can't figure out how it's done.  This is starting to become nearly as boring as the real game.  Kudos for the realism, I guess.
7/9/2012 7:22 PM
You should try posting as a stand alone to see if you get any responses.  I think (don't know because I'm newer than you) that teams have improved through transfers as that seems to have happened in my world, but I'm just guessing.  The overall problem is that this game is on life support because WIS doesn't have any interest in improving it.  It's only staying alive because it doesn't take any effort, and the or one of the original developers still works there and is hopeful that someday they'll do something with it.
7/22/2012 9:17 AM
GK peaked at 23 yo? I would hate to think that the prize GK I just signed to a long-term deal is done improving, but at 23 yo he has only improved by one point overall over the last two seasons and neither his goalkeeping or gk instinct has gone up. Why don't they develop at the same rate as outfield players?
3/31/2015 5:10 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Few Questions About Ratings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.