AAA - Just the Charts Topic

http://whatifsports.com/mlb-l/playerprofile.asp?ID=31251165&pl=0&type=1

This guy is Shawn Estes but switch-hits whereas Estes batted righty. Does WifS ever take liberties like that?
12/26/2010 5:20 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
bump
1/3/2011 8:25 PM
bump, maybe this is what you are looking for?
1/3/2011 10:59 PM
I can't seem to identify any AAA pitchers.... Probably because I can't find their Defense ratings. Can anyone tell me how to find their fielding ratings so that I can correctly identify them?
1/11/2011 3:27 PM
I have a Catcher  who is rated: Contact = 10, Power = 1, Speed = 5, Stamina = F. Defense rates at C/D/C+, and he bats L and throws R. I did the search and came up with 1930 Bennie Tate. The problem is that Tate apparently played for 2 teams in 1930 but has three sets of stats. The first two listed are the Washington Senators and the Chicago White Sox, and both have the same stats: 288 PA, .312 avg., .358 obp and .372 slg. But a little farther down on the results is a completely new entry for 1930 Tate, but it's still for the Chicago White Sox. Stats are different too: 267 PA, .317 avg., .367 obp and .383 slg. 1 man, 1 season, 2 teams, 3 results.

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell which version I have? All 3 are within the salary range for an Open League.
1/18/2011 7:20 PM
Got it. And you're right, the differences are extremely minor, so it doesn't really matter which one it is.  Unfortunately I didn't think to check until now, 90 something games into the season, so it may be difficult to calculate the real-life PA. I'll give it a shot though.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it...
1/18/2011 9:05 PM
So I can find it bump.
1/28/2011 11:32 AM
bump for rookie in my league
2/4/2011 9:43 AM
This link takes me no where and I can't find it in the forums..
2/5/2011 2:51 AM
bump
2/16/2011 4:35 PM
Hey guys- Thanks a ton for this thread, this is really great work.  I have tried to ID one of my rookies, and I believe I have narrowed it down to 2 guys, but I can't determine which it is (or if it matters, really).  Anyway, I was wondering if one of you guys could check my work.

Here's the info on my rookie: SP (R)- C = 7, V = 8, E = 3, Stam = C, and Fielding = B/D

I have narrowed him down to either 1967 Joe Coleman ($2.312mm) or 1989 Rod Nichols ($1.069mm).

I've only started my 2nd SIM league, but the '67 Joe Coleman would be the best rookie I have gotten.  Nichols, not so much.

Thanks again
4/8/2011 5:02 PM
Well, I haven't checked your work, but it's certainly possible that you can't narrow it down any further with the ratings.  This happens occasionally, most often with relief pitchers.

One thing you can do is actually pitch the guy a few times.  Once he's fatigued, if you hold your mouse over his fatigue number in the manager's page, you should see a pop-up that says something like "on pace for 12% more pitches than actual."  From that you should be able to work out the number of innings your guy actually threw in real life (assume he threw 15 pitches per real-life IP).  Which should allow you to ID the exact player.
4/8/2011 8:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...26 Next ▸
AAA - Just the Charts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.