AAA - Just the Charts Topic

6 position players and 2 pitchers
5/16/2014 7:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
in a theme league with below average AAA i received 2013 brandon beachy his ratings are 10/10/9/C in real life he only pitched 30 innings.  can anyone explain how his 30 innings translate to a C stamina? he did only start and play in 5 games does that mean the stamina ratings are only relavent to the actual stats for the player of that particular year?
8/28/2014 9:56 PM
As explained in page 1 of this thread, stamina has nothing to do with how many innings the player pitched.  It's entirely a function of his IP/G.  A guy could have A stamina with only 30 total IP  (1988 Milacki would, for example).
8/28/2014 10:02 PM
thanks i'll go back and read that again
8/28/2014 10:53 PM (edited)
RP, above average, RH

Control  5
Velocity  10
Effectiveness  10
Stamina  E
Field/Range   A+ D-

Would be grateful for any advice on sorting the available choices. With salary limits, there are 52, but only 10 within the bb/100ab range. One of those fails the ERC#, and two more are right at 2.75. That still leaves seven. 
I realize there's a lot of guesswork among relief pitchers, but this seems like more than the usual vagueness. What am I missing?

8/30/2014 5:52 PM
That is tough. I would just accept you have a good pitcher and move on.

Otherwise it's a lot of work to break it down. What you would have to do is run the recs for your rook, find out his hitting numbers as they could help, but not likely. The you have to run his pitching recs under every scenario. Closer, set-up, long, mop, maybe even a starter in different rotations. Then you must do the same with the real candidates...

Me, I'd just accept he is good.
9/1/2014 6:43 PM
Posted by jvt87 on 8/30/2014 5:52:00 PM (view original):
RP, above average, RH

Control  5
Velocity  10
Effectiveness  10
Stamina  E
Field/Range   A+ D-

Would be grateful for any advice on sorting the available choices. With salary limits, there are 52, but only 10 within the bb/100ab range. One of those fails the ERC#, and two more are right at 2.75. That still leaves seven. 
I realize there's a lot of guesswork among relief pitchers, but this seems like more than the usual vagueness. What am I missing?

What grizzly said. Far too much work to figure out the difference when the difference is so slim. If the IP/162 varies, you can throw the AAA player in a few early games and with enough math figure out what his RL IP were based on fatigue.
10/13/2014 9:43 PM
bump
10/18/2014 7:45 PM
bump
11/13/2014 9:52 AM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...26 Next ▸
AAA - Just the Charts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.