more of the D-III Dynasties... Topic

i second that
9/26/2011 10:25 AM
I'm Back.............
11/1/2011 2:26 PM
Couldn't stay away long, eh camrun? ;) 
11/2/2011 12:16 PM
The NT should be a blast this season, lots of teams with a chance to win.  I like Rensselaer Polytechnic, Hamline, Case Western, and look out for St. Norbert in the West.
12/10/2011 12:23 PM
Ren Poly and Hamline look like the teams to beat.  Your being a little silly with St. Norb.
12/11/2011 12:34 PM
Little late here...but I have to agree with dirty. Ren Poly and Hamline are both completely stacked and should meet in the Finals.
12/13/2011 12:21 AM
Congratulations to Hamline, after a dominating run through the NT.  Ike put together one of the best teams in Wooden DIII history.  The rest of us send a fond farewell to those three senior guards.
12/16/2011 2:33 AM
Thanks, paul.  But one of the best ever?  Hardly.  You, norm, fairbanka, kb, camrun, adambrag, etc., had some teams that would blow mine out.   
12/16/2011 10:48 AM
I doubt it.  You've got an unreal combination of athleticism, skill, and defense.
12/16/2011 12:58 PM
Appreciate it, paul, even if I don't believe you!
12/17/2011 5:09 PM
There might have been better teams at some point in Wooden, but no chance any of them would blow out last year's Hamline team.  Certainly not any of my teams.  I think the talent level at D3 might be the highest it's ever been, outside of some glitches in the very early seasons.

I don't have the ratings saved from some of those real old teams, but I do have the ratings from one of my teams that won the NT about 10 seasons back in Iba.  They're nowhere near as good as the elite D3 teams are right now.  Sub-50 team Ath and Spd, sub-40 BH/P, top scorers are in the 70s LP/Per instead of the 90s, guards mostly sub-70 Spd.  At the time I thought it was a near perfect team, but this year's Ren Poly (for one) would stomp them.
12/28/2011 12:35 PM
No disrespect to any past champions or the current title holder, but adambrag's season 46 thomas team was the best d3 team i've ever seen.  If memory serves, they won every game by double digits and absolutely walked through the national tourney.  would be interesting to see how ike's team would match up though. they were certainly the best defensive team i've ever seen. i think thomas wins, but certainly not a blowout.
12/29/2011 9:30 PM
Funny, I played that Thomas team in the final four in season 46.  I remember opening up Thomas' team tab to gameplan, chuckling, and thinking I had no chance.  I even sitemailed an elite coach (not one from this world) to ask if I had any shot.  His response was, "pray for the RNG gods."  I think I lost by 25.  That team was ludicrous.  

Yeah, I don't think there's any way I beat that team, although my defense may have kept it under 20...maybe.
12/30/2011 12:26 AM
Yeah I was thinking if any team had been better, it was probably one of those Thomas teams.  I don't have the ratings or anything to compare them, but I do remember how much they completely dominated that season.  My hunch is the ratings wouldn't be that different from last year's Hamline, it's just that no one else was getting talent like that in season 46.

I might have to sitemail adambrag and see if he has the ratings saved from that team.
12/30/2011 3:24 PM
Well I keep all my year-end ratings, so if he has them, we can compare.
12/31/2011 1:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...49|50|51|52|53...59 Next ▸
more of the D-III Dynasties... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.