Flyers 6....UGH!! Topic

Wonder what the next move is gonna be....

Hopefully Carle re-signs, then homer brings back Voracek and Sestito.

All we need is a winger now.

My thoughts - get Penner in FA or get Stalberg from Chicago for a pick. Assuming we have no shot at Parise.
6/24/2012 8:07 AM
But knowing homer, he probably has something up his sleeve.
6/24/2012 8:35 AM
Posted by sirawesome98 on 6/24/2012 8:35:00 AM (view original):
But knowing homer, he probably has something up his sleeve.
like Bobby Ryan 

Yesterday Ryan told Anaheim to trade him and that he'd prefer the Flyers.  
6/24/2012 2:31 PM
Now THAT would be awesome!
6/24/2012 4:24 PM
I've been hearing that for days now.  From my understanding, the Schenn deal to dump JVR was simply the first stage in a much larger deal to bring Ryan to Philadelphia.  A well thought out super-plan by Holmgren as they usually are.

6/24/2012 6:18 PM
He's gonna win GM of the year one of these years.
6/25/2012 5:15 PM
OK, I have nothing against Homer or the Flyers... other than that I DON'T LIKE 'EM... but need I point out, you guys are lovin' up the fella who threw out two guys who helped win the Kings a cup... and just ditched a top draft pick of his own, in trade for another team's letdown draft pick.  All three ditched players had long term contracts that Homer signed 'em to.

Just.  Sayin'.

6/25/2012 7:14 PM
Posted by damag on 6/25/2012 7:14:00 PM (view original):
OK, I have nothing against Homer or the Flyers... other than that I DON'T LIKE 'EM... but need I point out, you guys are lovin' up the fella who threw out two guys who helped win the Kings a cup... and just ditched a top draft pick of his own, in trade for another team's letdown draft pick.  All three ditched players had long term contracts that Homer signed 'em to.

Just.  Sayin'.

Though it pains me to retort to my older brother from another mother, Holmgren has made bold moves that reshaped the Flyers organization that all of us here in Philadelphia realized was not going to get over the hump with "Carts & Richie" setting the tone for the team by boozing it up all through Old City and using a re-tread in goal, I'm looking at you Michael Leighton, off the scrap heap. However well they played this post season, the change of scenery was the best thing for them (and us).

He knew Giroux was the key to the future and the two playboys weren't the right role models for him (pluswise, they seriously clashed with the real lockerrom leader - Pronger).

JVR is a different story. We wanted to love him, but he frustrated us. He developed slowly and did not have that scoring knack we all craved.  He seemed to put it all together in the 2010-11 post-season, but regressed this season and struggled through concussion problems, hip and wrist injuries. The Flyers have a need at defense and seem to be clearing cap-space for another big move. He might just need the change like the one that unleashed John LeClair upon moving to Philly.

I applaud Holmgren, because too many GM's are too proud to admit they over-valued a player at the ultimate detriment to the franchise.
6/25/2012 10:08 PM
You put it in well reasoned terms, my brother, unlike the fanboys. All I was saying is that Homer has not been infallible, and if knowing that is a strength then I applaud it. And as you point out, he has made a serious attempt at solving the goalie thing.

Since when did I become your "older" brother? Damn.
6/26/2012 12:07 AM
Posted by jcarver67 on 6/25/2012 10:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by damag on 6/25/2012 7:14:00 PM (view original):

Just.  Sayin'.

Though it pains me to retort to my older brother from another mother, Holmgren has made bold moves that reshaped the Flyers organization that all of us here in Philadelphia realized was not going to get over the hump with "Carts & Richie" setting the tone for the team by boozing it up all through Old City and using a re-tread in goal, I'm looking at you Michael Leighton, off the scrap heap. However well they played this post season, the change of scenery was the best thing for them (and us).

He knew Giroux was the key to the future and the two playboys weren't the right role models for him (pluswise, they seriously clashed with the real lockerrom leader - Pronger).

JVR is a different story. We wanted to love him, but he frustrated us. He developed slowly and did not have that scoring knack we all craved.  He seemed to put it all together in the 2010-11 post-season, but regressed this season and struggled through concussion problems, hip and wrist injuries. The Flyers have a need at defense and seem to be clearing cap-space for another big move. He might just need the change like the one that unleashed John LeClair upon moving to Philly.

I applaud Holmgren, because too many GM's are too proud to admit they over-valued a player at the ultimate detriment to the franchise.
well said.  

Homer has done a bang up job.  Happy Richie and Carts got a cup.  Gagne in particular.  I'm even more happy with the flyers roster than I think I'vve been in well over a decade.  Its so well balanced.  

I wonder how different things would have turned out if Pronger had actually been healthy the last couple seasons.  I miss that guy. 
6/26/2012 9:40 PM
Now if we could pull off the following deals:

Mez, Read, + 1st for Bobby Ryan  (or Voracek, MAB, +1st for Ryan)

and 

Stalberg for Picks

Sign a back up goalie (Biron maybe)

I will be the happiest flyer fan on the planet.  

Hartnell-Giroux-Ryan
Schenn-Briere-Voracek
Stalberg-Couturier-Simmonds
Sestito-Talbot-Rinaldo
Wellwood

Timonen-Coburn
Carle-Grossmann
Schenn-MAB
Lilja

Bryz
Biron

6/26/2012 9:48 PM
I liked Biron. It would be nice to see him back here.  I also like Mez and I don't want to see him leave here.
6/27/2012 12:35 PM
Well there goes Biron. Resigns with New York.
7/1/2012 6:49 AM
Schultz to Edmonton.
7/1/2012 8:03 AM
Flyers have made offers on Parise and Suter. Imagine if we get Parise, our 1st line will be unstoppable!
7/1/2012 12:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...136|137|138|139|140...144 Next ▸
Flyers 6....UGH!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.