MLD World Thread #2 Topic

I like the eligibility rule as indicated. I do feel that forfeiture of the *series* is too harsh a penalty ... any other roster violation results in game forfeiture, and I feel that should be the case here as well.
5/19/2010 10:53 AM
As for goalies, I'm not as concerned about them, but if someone insists a eligibility rule be implemented then I feel just seeing some regular season action should suffice. 15:00:00 is way to much, as indicated above.
5/19/2010 10:56 AM
We've got to know quickly what the goalie ruling is, since we need to plan for a season that starts in a few days...
5/19/2010 11:28 AM
I think we need to take a breather and come up with an acceptable solution regarding goalies. Just a few pps have posted on this, so I say let's go with the new skater rule in season 21, and then decide what to do with goalies before next offseason.
5/19/2010 12:19 PM
Copied from league message board...

05/19 12:28

rammers

Valid point bremiro, maybe we should allow the first season rookies in playoffs as well (only those drafted before the season in play). That will make sure you have injury replacements and also some flexibility in addition to the 18 or so skaters with 20+ games. I will try sending out a new sitemail about this later today.

05/19 12:01

bremiro

let me see if I have this right. If I go an entire season playing the same players and when there is less than 20 games to play someone gets injured I WILL HAVE TO GO INTO THE PLAYOFFS SHORT HANDED BECAUSE i wont be able to get anyone else to play at least 20 games. sorry for posting it here but I am being timed and dont have time to flip through windows to get to the forum thread

5/19/2010 12:29 PM
I agree Rammers lets not hold up te season on this goalie thing, I didn't even think of having to play your backup goalies during the regular season, I was only thinking about the goalies who are warehoused for playoffs only, lets adjust the golaie rule next season if we see it is still a problem.

I am in favor of a team losing the game in which any violation occurs this ensures that if a managers happens to make a mistake in setting his lines for the first playoff game and accidently forgets to change a player he still has the ability to fix it and still play the rest of the series the right way. This way an accident isn't punished overly harsh, If a manager continues to cheat on purpose he will end up losing the series anyway

Thanks for putting all this time in Rammers!
5/19/2010 1:34 PM
Thanks Rammers for tackling all of this. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Just a note, while I am handling the usual player bonuses and name changes via the league player file, I'm gonna ask admin to delay the start of next season until Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. This gives everyone time to get familiar with these new tweaks.
5/19/2010 3:27 PM
Thanks guys...

There will be a couple of modifications on what was first decided when the rule tweak voting ended and confirmation sitemail sent out.

Since several GMs have expressed concern on not having injury replacement exceptions on the new 20-games playoffs rule, I’ve decided to make a little adjustment. With no exceptions – the worst case scenario would be hit by injury at end of season only been using 18 skaters all season, and with less than 20 games to play.

So we will have a rookie exception that will make sure each team has injury replacement and also offer some flexibility. This should not give any teams an advantage IMO, as most likely the greater rookies will play more than 20 games anyways, and the rookies can only be used in playoffs that first season (so no new continuous warehouse issues here).

I’ve also decided due to feedback on the penalty of forfeiture the playoffs series if the 20-games rule are broken. I agree that may seem to hash, so let’s say that using ineligible players will result in loss of the game(s) they played.

I hope everyone will be satisfied now, and that we can go into season 21 with the new rule as it is. Thanks for all the feedback with constructive input and ideas. It should be interesting to see what the new concept brings. Good luck!

NEW SEASON 21 SKATER RULE – MODIFIED:

§1
Players without 20 regular season games played are
INELIGIBLE for playoffs.

With one EXCEPTION – First season prospects (note -
only the ones that was drafted the LAST offseason)
are allowed in playoffs even when playing less than
20 regular season games (0-19).

§2
Use of an ineligible player would result in automatic
loss of the game(s) in question.
5/19/2010 5:48 PM
I've mentioned this before, and I think someone else brought this up too, but how many times have GMs had players get injured during the playoffs?

I didn't realize so many GMs warehoused goalies for the playoffs. I've save a goalie for an extra season before, but not for playoffs. I guess I'm just a believer in playing the guys that got me where I finished, including then in the playoffs.

Perhaps to solve this goaltending issue there should be a max TOI for the playoffs too. Then nobody could keep using the same goalie just for the playoffs.

I'm cool with the new rule change, and I think if a GM gets caught with an illegal player in the playoffs they should have to forfeit any games that player played in, and lose their 1st Rd draft pick.
5/19/2010 5:57 PM
I guess I type to slow. I started that last post before you posted Rammers.
5/19/2010 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By big_drive on 5/19/2010
I guess I type to slow. I started that last post before you posted Rammers.
No worries BD - I had it typed elsewhere and just pasted...LOL

I lost two players in the conf finals this season - 14 & 20 games out.

The 14 games out guy had 64 reg games (70 in stamina), while the 20 games out guy had 74 reg games (68 in stamina).

5/19/2010 6:02 PM
hippos new FP is D Jimmy Pesko.
5/19/2010 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By big_drive on 5/19/2010
I've mentioned this before, and I think someone else brought this up too, but how many times have GMs had players get injured during the playoffs?

I had one this season, and another one 5 or 6 games before the playoffs started. That's sort-of why I was asking these questions.
5/20/2010 7:58 AM
Is it possible to update the very first post in this forum with the new rules and possibly updating the FP list?
5/20/2010 11:56 AM
Yep, I'm hoping okp will be able to do that shortly.
5/20/2010 3:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...49|50|51|52|53...63 Next ▸
MLD World Thread #2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.