Lefty 2B Topic

"At higher levels of play, it is rare to see a -handed second baseman because of the inherent difficulties of turning a double play started by the shortstop. However, in youth leagues, and even at the high school level, where fractions of a second making a double play are much less important, there is no reason for a -handed player not to play second base. In fact, a -handed second baseman has a greater fielding range "up the middle" than a right handed player."
10/19/2007 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By hurricane384 on 10/19/2007
What are you talking about scoop and throw? As a -hander your body is positioned to throw the ball to 3rd base, not first. Can you please explain what you mean scoop and throw? There's a reason ies don't play middle infield in the first place.
When you take the throw, moving the ball from your glove to your hand will be moving toward 1st base as LH. As RH, this motion will be away from 1st base.
10/19/2007 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By uncleal on 10/19/2007

What are you talking about scoop and throw? As a -hander your body is positioned to throw the ball to 3rd base, not first. Can you please explain what you mean scoop and throw? There's a reason ies don't play middle infield in the first place.
When you take the throw, moving the ball from your glove to your hand will be moving toward 1st base as LH. As RH, this motion will be away from 1st base.
Quoting this for posterity since nobody will ever believe that someone actually thinks this makes sense....
10/19/2007 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By uncleal on 10/19/2007

When you take the throw, moving the ball from your glove to your hand will be moving toward 1st base as LH. As RH, this motion will be away from 1st base
What?
10/19/2007 6:19 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
NINJA FLIP!
10/19/2007 7:02 PM
Goddam. Isn't baseball the sport of choice for a large portion of this site's members?
I only ask because, when I read some of this ****, I can't tell.
10/19/2007 7:13 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
10/19/2007 7:19 PM
i laugh harder every time i read this thread.
10/19/2007 7:23 PM
Did you laugh so hard that your turtle head touched cloth?
10/19/2007 7:26 PM
no but beer came out my nose.
10/19/2007 7:37 PM
Your task, if you decide to accept it Mr Dog...
Is to translate my above post into YankEnglish... I'll start you off by pointing you in the direction of the best comedy show in the last 10 years.. "The Royal Family"...
(p.s. DT in the pit for yer...)
(p.s.s. it's the first time "mancuina" has posted inthe pit...)
10/19/2007 7:40 PM
i'm honoured.
10/19/2007 7:58 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Well, you really don't have to step into your throw. Surely you can throw just as hard and accurate with your feet going away from the target. Right?
10/19/2007 8:39 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...86 Next ▸
Lefty 2B Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.