Lefty 2B Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
why?
10/18/2007 10:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
hahahaha!!

these are nothing but bedroom nerds on this site!

10/18/2007 10:13 AM
You talking bout me?
10/18/2007 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By zbrent716 on 10/18/2007

How about because I'd be interested to hear from other y MI to see if they think it is a disadvantage?
Even though it has been years since I've played 2B (Little League), I will state with confidence that it is actually a slight advantage to be LH (at 2B). Why?

1. Double plays. Throw comes in, slightly less transfer time for LH. Not much of a difference in a vacuum, but baseball is a games of inches and seconds.

2. Grounders up the middle. With your glove on your right hand, you don't have to travel quite as far to reach it from the second baseman's position.

3. Bunts. The 2B must act as a 1B and the advantages of a LH 1B are well documented.

(Shortstop, OTOH, still is better when RH)
10/18/2007 7:45 PM
that's almost as dumb a post as steves.

1. the transfer time on a thrrow from shortstop woould take forever as you'd have to turn completely around to throw the ball to first.

2. grounders up the middle are the worst play for a LH 2b for the same reason. can't throw to first without turning all the way around.

3. maybe a little bit seeing as you wouldn't have to shift around to get into position on the bag but in no way enough to over come any of the other problems.

How is it that some people just don't understand this?
10/18/2007 8:02 PM
Yeah, how many times does a second baseman go to first on a bunt? Bunts are rare these days, and most of the time, the first baseman makes the PO.

I can't imagine playing second handed...ugh.
10/18/2007 8:07 PM
That post was so bad it got put in the retard post collection twice in the same minute
10/18/2007 8:07 PM
awesome.
10/18/2007 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By erffdogg on 10/18/2007
that's almost as dumb a post as steves.

1. the transfer time on a thrrow from shortstop woould take forever as you'd have to turn completely around to throw the ball to first.

2. grounders up the middle are the worst play for a LH 2b for the same reason. can't throw to first without turning all the way around.

3. maybe a little bit seeing as you wouldn't have to shift around to get into position on the bag but in no way enough to over come any of the other problems.

How is it that some people just don't understand this?
I can tell you certainly have never tried playing 2B -handed... because "turning around" is a myth. All you have to do on double plays is drop the ball into your glove (moving forward, while RH the ball moves backwards).

Your ground ball up the middle assessment is almost the opposite of truth. Even if I can't make the play to 1st, a runner on 2nd will not score. An RH guy may let that same ball get through the IF. Run. Furthermore, an RH guy has to turn around (or reposition, which takes almost, if not completely, as much time) moving toward the bag if he does not want to throw off-balance. Again, all an LH has to do is scoop and throw.

(While turning around may be slightly more accurate, I agree it does slow you down too much. So just scoop.)

(Come to think of it, have you even played 2B for any length of time at all?)

kbosch: Every time that his head is in the game. That is exactly his job on bunts. Even if 1B stays back to cover, 2B cannot assume that and should be on first by the time someone recovers the ball. If he did not, no excuses: Mental miscue.
10/18/2007 10:09 PM
You can't explain to a y why he can't play the infield. They've all "done it" before, and will try to explain to you how it is actually an advantage. It's like a little man complex. You can tell them until your blue in the face about how poor footwork for them to get into throwing postion takes more time and leads to more errors, they don't care. It's easier to teach a monkey to read. Once you tell someone they can't do something, that is all they want to do.
10/19/2007 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By jonas1102 on 10/19/2007
You can't explain to a y why he can't play the infield. They've all "done it" before, and will try to explain to you how it is actually an advantage. It's like a little man complex. You can tell them until your blue in the face about how poor footwork for them to get into throwing postion takes more time and leads to more errors, they don't care. It's easier to teach a monkey to read. Once you tell someone they can't do something, that is all they want to do.
I love this post. It's because of what's been bolded.

Isn't poor footwork, you know, something you actually... work on as you play baseball? Being LH does not automatically mean you have poor footwork... nor does being RH mean your footwork is good.

As for the rest of the post, nice way to demean ies without actually refuting any of my points.

Worst post of the week, if not the month.
10/19/2007 9:22 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
10/19/2007 9:45 AM
What are you talking about scoop and throw? As a -hander your body is positioned to throw the ball to 3rd base, not first. Can you please explain what you mean scoop and throw? There's a reason ies don't play middle infield in the first place.
10/19/2007 9:46 AM
1|2|3...86 Next ▸
Lefty 2B Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.