2011 Stanley Cup Champions Thread Topic

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
12/11/2007 5:05 AM
until we can beat Montreal , we havent turned squat
12/11/2007 7:41 AM
just noticed that the bruins are tied for second in the conference. still a little early, but a major improvement on last year. i didn't realize they were doing so good. too bad you're in ottawa's division. :>
12/14/2007 11:38 PM
Come back from a 4-0 deficit to blow it in the shootout.....it's called Bruins.
12/20/2007 8:54 PM
i'd say they're having a pretty good season, for the bruins...
12/20/2007 9:09 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/21/2007 9:20 AM
Ugh! Tim Thomas back in net.
12/21/2007 9:20 AM
Well I know you guys don't like Thomas, but I really don't think he is not even on the high end of your problems in Boston. I understand he's not Luongo but at least you don't have a tandum like Denis/Holmqvist.
12/21/2007 10:14 AM
Yes, it is indeed a horrible thing to have the 7th best GAA and NHL-BEST Save % back in net.

OH NOES!!!

Whatever will they do now that they're doomed?

How can you people call yourself Bruins fans if you ***** about Thomas THIS YEAR? Last year was last year with last year's system and last year's results.

Maybe try paying attention to the current team?
12/21/2007 12:38 PM
3 goals in 11 minutes.
He is also a goalie with bad habits. Seems like he never took any basic goalie training lessons.
That is what I see with me own eyes.
12/21/2007 2:22 PM
i have him on one of my fantasy teams!
12/21/2007 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By GimpyMcGee on 12/21/2007Yes, it is indeed a horrible thing to have the 7th best GAA and NHL-BEST Save % back in net.

OH NOES!!!

Whatever will they do now that they're doomed?

How can you people call yourself Bruins fans if you ***** about Thomas THIS YEAR? Last year was last year with last year's system and last year's results.

Maybe try paying attention to the current team

I have been....they're not as good as their record. They don't have the talent to go too far. Tim Thomas is not that good. If he's still the #1 goalie after the trading deadline, this team will miss the playoffs.....AGAIN.

Thomas looked spectacular last night spotting the Pens 4 goals. The Bruins are just lucky that Ty Choke-lin was in net. He earned that nickname back at UNH, and still lives up to it.
12/21/2007 9:17 PM
I'm very realistic about Thomas' play should he end up starting 20 of 22 games ala last season. He had very solid stretches last season as well of course. He also broke down awfully on many occasions and ended up very subpar for the year (much like the team). Apparently, first Rask then Alex freakin Auld can be plugged in and "get by" as long as Thomas returns to his form of a couple weeks back. Some of the success is smoke and mirrors for sure.

However, the change in system has the team playing better team defense, leading to more managable chances against Thomas. We've seen it where he won't steal a game for you by himself (Hasek-style), but can handle even large numbers of "normal" shots. With a somehow-better D in front of him, he's "flourished" thusfar on the season. I'm not saying he's an all-star either.

But let's not act like he was friggin awful THIS season just to exaggerate the "he's not a #1" argument of last year all over again. It's just old.

And yes, expecting him to shutout the Penguins in his first game off an injury layoff is truly fair.

Of course lost in all this venting is the fact that they came back from 4-0 down to earn a point on 4 goals in the last 30 minutes. They've been jumping out to leads, not coming from behind. They're 2nd in points in the East despite being .500 this month. Manny Fernandez stunk and then was lost for the season. They've lost their best play for an indeterminate time. They made hardly anything more than cosmetic changes to the roster.

And THIS is the start they're off to.

I'd say alot more has gone right than has gone wrong.

Still the negativity.
12/21/2007 10:04 PM
Another fantastic showing today. Chara was a -4....just what you want from a #1 d-man. Ward broke his foot in practice, so he's out a while. Murray's on IR, though that might be a good thing. Alberts was out today (again, probably a good thing).
12/22/2007 2:55 PM
Man anyone seen lucic fight these days!
12/22/2007 3:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...73 Next ▸
2011 Stanley Cup Champions Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.