GD Hall of Fame Forum/Nominations Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By richramirez on 6/24/2007
Damnit QB Lee Hill belongs in the Hall. TD/INT ratio was off the charts and he won 2 National Titles, not sure what else he could of done. Check out his ratings, he looks like a D1AA or D1 QB.
He could of played in D1A... tough to vote for D2 and D3 players, its just too easy to pad stats at that level. Don't get me wrong Lee Hill is the best QB I have seen at the D2 level but that is his downfall, it was D2.

In real life you won't find D2 and D3 QBs in the HOF, you really need to be at the D1A and/or D1AA.

I am sure others don't agree, just explaining why I did not vote for him.
6/25/2007 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By pds65 on 6/24/2007Can I get a mention for Thacker, since I coached him for his junior and senior seasons? Also, he was Conference Player of the Year and 1st Team All-American those two season.
I believe the coach that got credit is the one that recruited him, but you did a wonderful job with him after I !
6/25/2007 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By remarc on 6/25/2007
Quote: Originally Posted By pds65 on 6/24/2007
Can I get a mention for Thacker, since I coached him for his junior and senior seasons? Also, he was Conference Player of the Year and 1st Team All-American those two season.
I believe the coach that got credit is the one that recruited him, but you did a wonderful job with him after I !

Does that mean I can take credit for Washington beating USC?
6/25/2007 1:19 AM
Sure, go right ahead! I don't mind!!! Better yet, we'll share the Washington/USC defeat.
6/25/2007 1:39 AM
The Hall of Fame website has been updated to include a Photo Gallery and improved navigation. Still looking for anyone with web design experience to help arrange the site.
6/25/2007 2:03 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/25/2007 2:48 AM
I am talking about the college football hall of fame, not the NFL HOF. This is my opinion and no I will no withdraw my comment. Some will disagree but I will not vote for non D1A/D1AA players just as in real life there are great D2/D3 players who are not in the college HOF.
6/25/2007 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By maddiesdad on 6/24/2007
CONTRIBUTORS
UserContributionsElectedVotes
gt9766bRecruit rankings, Media GuideCharter10
paranoidRecruit rankings, Most successful Programs PostCharter10
Wow. How did paranoid not receive 11 votes!?
6/25/2007 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By cravedogg on 6/25/2007

Quote: Originally Posted By richramirez on 6/24/2007
Damnit QB Lee Hill belongs in the Hall. TD/INT ratio was off the charts and he won 2 National Titles, not sure what else he could of done. Check out his ratings, he looks like a D1AA or D1 QB.
He could of played in D1A... tough to vote for D2 and D3 players, its just too easy to pad stats at that level. Don't get me wrong Lee Hill is the best QB I have seen at the D2 level but that is his downfall, it was D2.

In real life you won't find D2 and D3 QBs in the HOF, you really need to be at the D1A and/or D1AA.

I am sure others don't agree, just explaining why I did not vote for him.

BY THE WAY: THIS WAS YOUR QUOTE ON HIM A FEW POSTS AGO

Quote: Originally Posted By cravedogg on 5/23/2007

Rich has a certain D2 QB who I know he wants to make sure is in the HOF, trust me this guy is NFL HOF worthy
Don't vote for him i don't care. But how can a guy pad stats when at the time he played he was playing against more humans than some or most D1 guys play against now? Makes no sense, D2 was full in his era and now all levels are full of sims, argument makes no sense. Teams pile on stats vs. Sims.

Maybe you should have told the committee that asked you to vote that although this hall of fame is for DI, DIAA, DII and DIII that YOU would not be voting for half of the levels. Maybe they wouldn't have asked you to vote since your standards of upholding the intergrity of the fake, fantasy college football game are so high. Personally i think it's a grudge against Lee Hill for knocking you and V'State out of the playoffs but that's my opinon. Guess Lee will have to just settle for his first hall of fame induction and 2 National Titles.
6/25/2007 9:57 AM
I will just say that I vote by numbers regardless of level. However, just like any HOF selection committe you are going to have voters with different criteria fo people they vote for. This was the inital voting so I dont think Lee Hill will be snubbed for long and I can understand the feeling as I coached a WR who put up monster stats but will probably never be inducted do to the teams poor performance.
YRGPGSRECYDSAVGTD
5th Year Senior1313178346019.419
Senior1313169306318.128
Junior131392139415.29
Sophomore30000.00
Freshman00*** DID NOT PLAY ***
6/25/2007 10:58 AM
There is a very clear lack of parity between the top tier D2/D3 teams when compared to D1. Like cravedogg, I discounted the performances of players who achieved superior results against lower level competition.
It is significantly easier to put up monstrous numbers when your offensive line completely overwhelms the defensive line (most D2 'dynasties' are vastly superior to their conference counterparts) and your skill position players are completely outclassing your opponents.
Does that diminish the accomplishments of Lee Hill? Not at all ... he was clearly a phenomenal QB.
Danny Woodhead from Chadron State College is on pace to shatter the all-division NCAA rushing yardage records and I'll bet he doesn't even get drafted. Whether he's considered college HOF worthy after his college days have passed is a matter for the committee ... but I guarantee they'll take a hard look at what he accomplished against the caliber of competition he faced.
6/25/2007 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By ddingo on 6/25/2007
There is a very clear lack of parity between the top tier D2/D3 teams when compared to D1. Like cravedogg, I discounted the performances of players who achieved superior results against lower level competition.
It is significantly easier to put up monstrous numbers when your offensive line completely overwhelms the defensive line (most D2 'dynasties' are vastly superior to their conference counterparts) and your skill position players are completely outclassing your opponents.
Does that diminish the accomplishments of Lee Hill? Not at all ... he was clearly a phenomenal QB.
Danny Woodhead from Chadron State College is on pace to shatter the all-division NCAA rushing yardage records and I'll bet he doesn't even get drafted. Whether he's considered college HOF worthy after his college days have passed is a matter for the committee ... but I guarantee they'll take a hard look at what he accomplished against the caliber of competition he faced.
True in real world situations. However this is GD. In L.Hill situation I am willing to bet that he faced more human coached competition then most of these 1A and 1AA players as he played while DII was still fairly full. Most of the Upper level players padded their stats against Sim led teams(ones that had these lesser players you mentioned) The fact that he put up those same numbers in playoff games where the competition was on a more even playing field should of warranted his being in the GD hall of fame.
6/25/2007 12:39 PM
So is it Lee Hill's fault no D-IA or D-IAA school had the foresight to recruit him? He had the talent to play at those levels.
6/25/2007 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By tcmac08 on 6/25/2007
Quote: Originally Posted By ddingo on 6/25/2007

True in real world situations. However this is GD. In L.Hill situation I am willing to bet that he faced more human coached competition then most of these 1A and 1AA players as he played while DII was still fairly full. Most of the Upper level players padded their stats against Sim led teams(ones that had these lesser players you mentioned) The fact that he put up those same numbers in playoff games where the competition was on a more even playing field should of warranted his being in the GD hall of fame
He bet on his own games.
6/25/2007 1:07 PM
Alright I'm already tired of hearing about L. Hill someone put his numbers up here so at least we know what he did.
6/25/2007 1:18 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
GD Hall of Fame Forum/Nominations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.