D-III Dynasties Topic

and in the spirit of wronoj i say Chicken Little!!
12/19/2008 3:03 PM
RPI (#12) just lost to Thomas (#11) at home by over 40 points.
12/23/2008 10:16 AM
Merry Christmas to all. Watch out for the pope, we haven't lost since he set foot on campus.
12/23/2008 1:53 PM
All I want for Christmas this season is to win the Big 5...
12/23/2008 3:19 PM
for anyone looking to move up to D-2, there is a good chance that I will be leaving emporia state after this season, the lure of D-1 is really getting to me. anyways Emporia is rnked #6 on allblacks dynasty list and for the last few seasons our conference has had the #1 rpi and in the last 3 seasons there have been 2 National Championships and also a PI championship,

Emporia will need 6 players but the other 6 that will be there are very good, me leaving all depends on if I can get my dream job, which I wasn't qualified for this season, but hopefully will be this upcoming season.
12/31/2008 12:14 AM
Baring an unwarranted PI placement, you can put Chicago on the endangered species list. We managed to sneak into the NT w/ the last at large spot last season, but no such dice this year. We were a day late and a dollar short in many games that could have made the difference.

Kind of puts light into how tough the upstate is each year. While were young and certainly have holes to fill, our 560 overall team rating is probably solid enough to have won over 50% of the other divisions or more in D3 wooden. Only managed 5 conferences wins this season. Not that I'm ********, I love the challenge, and I think its what has made my teams consistantly strong in the postseason.

With only 1 senior & 2 juniors, we'll return strong and expect to compete for the big prize in 2 seasons with a solid run next year. Good luck to all in the postseason this year, I'll miss playing along. I fully expect to make the NT or PI at worst the next 2 seasons, but w/ the 4/5 rule wronoj has in place, the pressure is really on in 3 seasons to ensure some type of postseason bid.
1/20/2009 9:09 AM
I am now officially extinct. A team that underperformed or were poorly coached. I haven't quite figured it out yet. I have been on a downward spiral the past few seasons as my recruiting has not been up to the efforts of my fellow Heartland coaches.
1/20/2009 10:04 AM
Barring a miracle, I'm gonna miss another chance to even make the list. Three postseason bids every five seasons just won't cut it.
1/21/2009 1:11 AM
Im trying to work my way up the list as this is my best season yet. Wish I could say that for my d2 team...ooff
1/21/2009 8:30 AM
taz and cam, i am pretty sure you're both screwed. kreller, you might have some shot at sneaking into the PIT... it is definitely the 4th season of 5 that makes it tough to get/stay on the list-- it is not too difficult to build a semi-lopsided team that goes PI/NT/NT/nothing, but then has to break that cycle next time around or they are back out on their ***.

Bri-- you have a solid team and a good shot to finally make some noise in the postseason. You will move up some just by getting there again, but to get towards the top you're gonna have to win some games. good luck.

as for me, the Hartwick dynasty seems to be waning as well. terrible postseasons the last 3 or 4 years, and this season we'll be in the little dance, meaning yet another drop in the standings. trying to decide which of my 4 teams to drop, and it is looking more and more like hartwick, who consistently underperforms my expectations. we'll see-- it is also my longest-held team, which makes it tough to quit.
1/21/2009 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By jjboogie on 12/19/2008and in the spirit of wronoj i say Chicken Little!
and i, sadly, won this argument. no NT for us this season, and we finished 3rd in the conference.
1/21/2009 8:41 AM
yeah i had been watching that closely - wanted to sitemail you but figured i would sit back and leave it alone - i know how frustrating it is...i made the PI like 2 of the last 5 seasons or something...hey you kicked my tail again so you got that going for you...

i'll be happy as can be to make the S16 but i don't see it happening for my final year at Arcadia

some major changes to the dynasty list the past 10 seasons or so...lots of good new coaches and getting harder to maintain a top flight school year in and year out for sure
1/21/2009 1:37 PM
well, i pretty much called it a season after we lost the first conference game to a terrible team, and went on 45-seconds-a-day after that. switched D practice to Zone to try and switch next season, and stopped reading PBPs... just seemed like i was nothing but frustrated when i paid attention to it, and there was not a ton of drop-off when all i did was come in and decide what +/- my D would be. just another sign of the times, IMO.

it is definitely getting tougher, and we seem to always have more teams getting close to the list, too.
1/21/2009 6:42 PM
You can't drop your team, wronoj. I'm one freaking season away from getting a coveted spot on your dynasty list!
1/22/2009 7:38 AM
no worries yet, bradshaw-- i have another season or two on the account, and am at least going to play out the string. even if i do leave, i will happily pass along the magic formula and excel sheet so someone else can keep this going.

i really hope this is just me being whiny because my teams aren't performing well this season, and i will get over it. but it (both the underperformance and the whining) has been going on for a while...
1/22/2009 9:05 AM
◂ Prev 1...74|75|76|77|78|79 Next ▸
D-III Dynasties Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.