New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

When you first take over a team you can see his schedule still from the season before. Maybe not in the new coach sign up period but I know you can for sure if you get hired by the school during the hiring process. Just check to see what he ran there.

Also if you recruit at least 2 RB'syou can successfully run the ND Box. You only really need 4. Some coach's prefer more but they don't really ever get much playing time.
12/28/2007 5:38 PM
When does stagg open again?
I have a season or two on this account...and apparently can apply to pretty much any job with A+ rep and A+ loyalty...thinkin it might be time to use it up...
1/16/2008 9:42 PM
weekend before the super bowl... i think
1/17/2008 8:36 AM
Nice...I'll have to set something up in my outlook to remind me to grab a team then! Any suggestions where I should go? Level/Team/Conference?
1/17/2008 1:54 PM
This is my first season doing this and I am looking forward to it. I am coaching Div. III North Central. I have a couple of questions to ask if you experienced ones don't mind helping me out a little.
I read the part where it is good to recruit closer to home in the beginning until you have some on the field success. Should I be recruiting players that are slightly above the talent levels I have now or and slowly improve over time? Or should I try for some high end talent and hope for success?
1/29/2008 11:25 AM
There's no right or wrong answer. It all depends on what your goals are with the team. The primary question is do you want to save recruiting money or not. The best talent in your recruiting vision will likely lead to a few battles, thus quickly depleting your already low bankroll. On the other hand, you could drop down a notch on the talent spectrum, avoid all battles, and start to save money for future recruiting classes.
1/29/2008 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pwesseler on 1/29/2008
There's no right or wrong answer. It all depends on what your goals are with the team. The primary question is do you want to save recruiting money or not. The best talent in your recruiting vision will likely lead to a few battles, thus quickly depleting your already low bankroll. On the other hand, you could drop down a notch on the talent spectrum, avoid all battles, and start to save money for future recruiting classes.
Thanks for the answer. Here is another question for you. Does the money you get for recruiting stay the same each year or change based on your record? Also, what are the costs associated for recruiting players? Is there a cost sheet out there for visits, letters, etc.?

Thanks for the insight.
1/29/2008 12:29 PM
At D III, you get $3000/scholarship + unspent carryover from previous season(s) + playoff money earned by the conference.
Costs vary. Basically the further away the greater the cost. There is a thread somewhere in the GD general forum with details
1/29/2008 1:04 PM
Thanks for the help!
1/29/2008 1:07 PM
Hey all... Brand new coach here (Hartwick)... I've never done a dynasty before and am looking forward to it... Any quick tips for the upcoming season (Recruiting, etc.)... I'm also a little confused about the breakdown of the practices... I understand the game plan although I'm sure I could use some advice in all areas... Thanks
1/30/2008 9:28 AM
Check out the Compass and Instruction manual in the main forum.
1/30/2008 11:24 PM
I have a question for you veteran coaches. I looked through the "Compass" post for us new guys but I have quite a few things I'm not sure of but I hope in time I'll discover how they all come together.

My question is should I try and add a FB type RB to my roster? I know it's stated to place the RB you want to play FB last on the DC for the given formation(#2). But, would I just be better off with my two best RB's or does the sim account for having a blocking back leading the way?
5/7/2009 9:15 PM
I've never done that power, but I know some successful coaches who do.
5/8/2009 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By mjdato on 5/08/2009I've never done that power, but I know some successful coaches who do.
+1
5/8/2009 12:31 PM
I prefer to split the load so they don't tire as quickly but if you have a back that is a lot better than your other backs it can be a good idea.
5/12/2009 11:09 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.