New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

I lost all 4 of the guys. Don't know how. I spent over 3,000 on each....and took your advice. They all said "just say the word"...I figured I wouldn't spend a campus visit, just smaller amounts since they seemed pretty much in the fold. Came into work this morning, and they all signed with the SIMS!!!!!
9/27/2006 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jjonkowski on 9/27/2006I lost all 4 of the guys. Don't know how. I spent over 3,000 on each....and took your advice. They all said "just say the word"...I figured I wouldn't spend a campus visit, just smaller amounts since they seemed pretty much in the fold. Came into work this morning, and they all signed with the SIMS!!!!!

It is tough against this SIM now days. The only way to be sure you will get the players is to knock the SIM completely off of a guy.
9/27/2006 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By jjonkowski on 9/27/2006I lost all 4 of the guys. Don't know how. I spent over 3,000 on each....and took your advice. They all said "just say the word"...I figured I wouldn't spend a campus visit, just smaller amounts since they seemed pretty much in the fold. Came into work this morning, and they all signed with the SIMS!!!!
1) Did you make sure to offer scholarships to all of them? I know this may seem like a silly question, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen posts from people asking why a guy won't sign, only to find out that they were never offered a scholly.

2) When you have offered a player a scholarship, on the signing cycle, if they do not sign, you get an email from the player saying which way they are leaning. What did these emails say about each player? Were they leaning your way?

3) After the initial signing period, did you ever get emails from the players saying they had switched to leaning the other way?
9/27/2006 10:46 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
9/27/2006 10:52 AM
I apologize, this is a Warner question, but Warner just doesn't have help like this. How does Texas beat Oklahoma this season?
9/27/2006 10:54 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
9/27/2006 10:58 AM
Speaking of Illinois, are you spending about 20 minutes on team practice?
9/27/2006 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By jeffkahleb on 9/27/2006
Speaking of Illinois, are you spending about 20 minutes on team practice?
45-50 minutes. They needed a serious talent infusion when I arrived so I put more time into individual practice. I never really looked into it but I think the roster is sufficiently stocked with talent. I'll be increasing the team practice next season unless I move schools.

9/27/2006 12:42 PM
Well I think you've infused.
9/27/2006 12:57 PM
9/27/2006 2:08 PM
I did offer scholarships!! All of them said they were leaning my way. They gave the same responses you a;lways see. I was blown away. I can't believe you called me. I am leaning your way, etc. I thought just keep calling, maybe a scouting trip, but I think I have them. The only time I thought maybe I didnt was when my assitant coach told me "keep on" the player "I think we got him".

I dont know how I spend nearly 15,000 and lose all of them to SIMS
9/27/2006 4:19 PM
jjonkowski, when signings started, what was their reply to the scholly offers? You should have gotten an "Undecided" or "Your offer" or some other similarly worded e-mail.
9/27/2006 6:00 PM
carpediem33, notice the pin? Persistence pays. Later.
9/30/2006 7:33 AM
9/30/2006 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jjonkowski on 9/27/2006I did offer scholarships!! All of them said they were leaning my way. They gave the same responses you a;lways see. I was blown away. I can't believe you called me. I am leaning your way, etc. I thought just keep calling, maybe a scouting trip, but I think I have them. The only time I thought maybe I didnt was when my assitant coach told me "keep on" the player "I think we got him".

I dont know how I spend nearly 15,000 and lose all of them to SIM

I know I am covering "defense" but an obvious question is missing here. You keep telling us how much you spent, but were these guys all within 160 miles of you? I took over a 1 win team this year and was able to beat all the sims off the guys within 160 miles by spending $2,500 - $3,300. With the new recruiting you have to beat the sims off quick to get them the cheapest. Since the sims keep spending as time goes you will have to spend more the longer they are on. By day 2 of recruiting I have usually already dropped most of the money I am going to spend and have beat the sim off. I don't remember getting to signing day and still battling a sim.
9/30/2006 7:03 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.