Hyperlinks and pictures Topic

Sarah Michelle Gellar  Robin Williams.

Italyprof, I have had health issues, now on Kidney Dialysis.

I miss WhatIfSports, but I found after returning for a while in 2013, that all the steps used to prevent tanking, really took the fun out of building one's Progressive team

At least they did for me. I understand why people put these restrictions on Leagues to protect an honest draft, and keep Leagues competitive.

But I found the added hurdles were frustrating. Not that I understand Auto Racing all that well. But I prefer to race as fast as I can possibly go, and avoid using restrictor plates.

8/26/2014 3:20 PM (edited)

Jessica Alba at Dodgers game. Throwing out the first pitch  + .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2727930/Jessica-Alba-shows-athleticism-throws-opening-pitch-Los-Angeles-Dodgers-baseball-game.html

8/26/2014 3:29 PM
ooooohgdoggie, understood. And please take care of your health. Sorry to hear of your problems and hope you are well. You are of course welcome back in any league I run anytime you like. Indeed we need someone to take over the Cincinnati team in Space Age for 1951 if you would like it is yours. 
8/26/2014 3:41 PM

I especially enjoy seeing the White Sox Blue Uniforms, after the black in the 50's and 60,s, and before the Red of the early 1970's

8/26/2014 4:24 PM
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 8/26/2014 3:29:00 PM (view original):

Jessica Alba at Dodgers game. Throwing out the first pitch  + .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2727930/Jessica-Alba-shows-athleticism-throws-opening-pitch-Los-Angeles-Dodgers-baseball-game.html

I was at this game, and in light of all the HORRIBLE first pitches of late, let me say this.  She was on the field in front of the Dodger dugout for over half an hour practicing before she took the mound.  A great first pitch?  No.  An embarrassing one?  Definitely not.  You go girl.

PS - it has been my pleasure to serve her in my previous restaurant on numerous occasions, and she is just as sweet and nice as she seems.
8/27/2014 12:57 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
~
6/19/2017 2:54 PM
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 5/14/2013 11:25:00 PM (view original):

OF  Ted Savage 

I especially enjoy custom made baseball card images, also some of the archive and heritage the made by the card companies.
7/3/2021 10:25 PM
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 4/9/2013 11:12:00 AM (view original):

Saw the 1969 Topps Ron Brand posted in a draft thread recently.
7/3/2021 10:28 PM
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 4/25/2013 1:12:00 AM (view original):

WIS: If you were in one of our games, what sport would you play, at what position, and what would you be rated?

toddleduc: I'm left-handed and had some pop and speed back in the day and had some good range in the outfield. Kirk Gibson comes to mind, Maybe 1988, but with at least B+ range, lol.

Could I make a last request that Harry Caray call my last home run of my career?

"Way Back! It might be – it could be – it is!!

Hooooly Coooow!!"

WIS: We thank toddleduc for participating and sharing with the WhatIfSports.com community.     Return to Interviews

toddleduc:   I'm left-handed and had some pop and speed back in the day and had some good range in the outfield. Kirk Gibson comes to mind, Maybe 1988, but with at least B+ range, lol. 

Enjoy Wrigley Field in the sunshine.
7/3/2021 10:32 PM
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 3/10/2013 2:31:00 PM (view original):

Blow Out the Candles July 20   canthavetoomanycards.blogspot.com/2012/07/blow-out-candles-july-20.html

Pinterest used to have an easy way to choose one's own pin to be the cover of your subject.
7/3/2021 10:52 PM
The link has a currently active link to a Tony Oliva article with many photos.This photo of Tony Oliva with his young daughter was my section - Sports Outside the lines ( mostly baseball ).
7/3/2021 10:57 PM
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 3/16/2013 10:30:00 PM (view original):

Commissioner crustydoc's  Progressive considered  expanding prior to the 1969 Progressive Season.

Agreeing on the method wasn't so easy and some owners talked about leaving. 

But eventually they came to a consensus and they allowed for more time for preparation by pushing back the Expansion for one Sim Season.

So they are now adding 4 1970 Expansion Teams as the 1969 Regular season is winding down.

I have the Minnesota expansion team that is set to be part of the 5 team American League West.

crustydoc's post outlining the League's plans  - 

We will have a separate expansion draft, to be held as soon as possible after game #120 of the 1969 season. My hope is that we can complete it, once it gets started, within a week’s time and then move on to the 1970 rookie draft.

Each existing owner will freeze 4 players.  The expansion owners will draft for 4 rounds, in snake order (1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1), from the remaining pool.  The expansion draft order will be selected randomly. No existing owner will be permitted to lose more than one player.

This process is repeated five times. At the end of it, each expansion owner would ostensibly have four of the 5th most valuable players from existing teams in the league, four of the 10th most valuable, and so on. Every owner in the league would own the rights to 20 players, except those returning owners who have retiring players.

At the conclusion of the expansion draft, each of the 20 teams would post a keeper list. Expansion teams may choose not to retain all their selections from the expansion draft.  I would expect significant trading activity at this point.

Draft order for the 1970 rookie draft will be unique. The expansion teams will own picks 1-4 in the first round, 9-12 in the second round, 17-20 in the third round, 1-4 in the fourth round, and so on.  Their draft order will be reversed from the expansion draft. Returning teams would draft in their regular order, but in different slots (5-20 in the first round, 1-8, 13-20 in the second, 1-16 in the third, 5-20 in the fourth, and so on).

I will offer existing owners the opportunity to give up their teams and become an expansion owner.

We will follow Alternate WIS Format F --- essentially what we have now, but adding one team to each division.

We will keep a salary cap.  We are currently at $90 million, and only one or two of us in any given season get anywhere near it.  When we go to 20 teams, our cap will drop to $85 million. 

When we go to 20 teams, we will return to below-average sim-generated AAA players.

Assuming we can find four more good owners --- and I am sure that we can, given enough time --- my only concern is making the playing field as level as I can. I don’t want to decimate existing teams, and I want to give new teams a chance to compete quickly.  Balance is the key.

I hope everyone will stay with us.  If you decide not to, I would appreciate your letting me know immediately after the 1969 draft.

A truly excellent WhaIf?
7/3/2021 11:01 PM
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 7/3/2021 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 5/14/2013 11:25:00 PM (view original):

OF  Ted Savage 

I especially enjoy custom made baseball card images, also some of the archive and heritage the made by the card companies.
Ted Savage was one of the last selections in a 1970/2015 Progressive League Draft.
7/4/2021 8:09 AM
Bumped
4/2/2023 5:56 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12
Hyperlinks and pictures Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.