Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Quote: Originally posted by iain on 7/08/2008YEAH!  Screw him/her for wanting to learn something!!Just start threads about things covered a million times before instead of doing some intelligent investigation!!!
Get a job, mars... there is valuable information here for those with the slightest attention span.
Pay attention iaiaian, as that post was in reference to his "I've been here a while."
7/9/2008 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MikeT23 on 7/08/2008marswhiner is a well-established dumbass.
Pay no attention to IdioT, as he's clearly in love with me. I told you already, I'm not interested Mike.
7/9/2008 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By marsrover21 on 7/09/2008
Quote: Originally posted by iain on 7/08/2008 YEAH! Screw him/her for wanting to learn something!!Just start threads about things covered a million times before instead of doing some intelligent investigation!!!
Get a job, mars... there is valuable information here for those with the slightest attention span.
Pay attention iaiaian, as that post was in reference to his "I've been here a while."
I still don't see why this should be unpinned.
7/11/2008 3:00 PM
I'm in preseason for my first-ever league and I found this to be extremely helpful. Would've been nice to know a few of these things before I made some crucial pre-season decisions, actually. I would hate to see this thread unpinned.
7/26/2008 6:28 PM
csherwood's "How to Rebuild a Disaster" has some really good insight in it as well.
7/30/2008 1:37 AM
Hi guys,

It's not difficult to pick thru the BS to gleen info, this is a great thread and I appreciate it. Question: I noticed some minor league players stats don't improve. Usually guys who've been in the minors a few yrs. If he didn't improve during the seaon and has room to improve; does that mean he's in the wrong league. i.e. in AA and should be in AAA or Hi A or does it mean the coach sucks, or both? Thanks
9/7/2008 4:53 AM
It *can* mean that he's stagnated.

Although, performance isn't really impacted by coaching.

It can also mean that your Advanced Scouting is "off".

Only one way to know for sure!
9/17/2008 3:30 PM
how do you protect players that are eligible for the rule 5 draft? i have a couple of guys that i want to hold on to. thanks!!
10/14/2008 4:52 AM
Add them to the 40-man roster.
10/14/2008 2:42 PM
Admin says that ML coaches don't have much of a positive effect
on the players. Have they ever looked into if bad coaching can have a negative one?

I have a talented team in pitching, hitting and fielding (won 90 games/years past 5 seasons) and all of a sudden I have a .344 winning pct. The only big change I made was hiring the cheapest ML Coaches that I could!

WIS told me that a hitter's height can effect walks. I asked them
is it the same thing with a pitcher's height? They never thought of doing that. They're aren't always correct or aware of everything.
10/18/2008 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ZEKE1109 on 10/18/2008Admin says that ML coaches don't have much of a positive effect
on the players. Have they ever looked into if bad coaching can have a negative one?

I have a talented team in pitching, hitting and fielding (won 90 games/years past 5 seasons) and all of a sudden I have a .344 winning pct. The only big change I made was hiring the cheapest ML Coaches that I could!

WIS told me that a hitter's height can effect walks. I asked them is it the same thing with a pitcher's height? They never thought of doing that. They're aren't always correct or aware of everything
How would a pitcher's height affect his ability to throw balls & strikes?
10/20/2008 3:54 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/4/2008 6:40 PM
this thread is awesome. and i have read every bit. thanx guyz... well most of u! lol
12/7/2008 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZEKE1109 on 10/18/2008Admin says that ML coaches don't have much of a positive effect

WIS told me that a hitter's height can effect walks. I asked them
is it the same thing with a pitcher's height? They never thought of doing that. They're aren't always correct or aware of everything.

maybe they never thought of doing that with a pitchers height because they aren't idiots
3/7/2009 6:14 AM
Great thread; taught me a few things I wasn't sure of. A few quick questions about attributes...

1. Temper and makeup - do they mean anything?

2. Batting eye is merely for walks / strikeouts, correct?

3. How much do pitch-ratings matter? I've got quite a few pitchers with great ratings all around aside from a few poor pitches (ex: p1: 85, p2: 77, p3: 45, p4: 55) Is that going to affect my pitching too terribly, or are those minor attributes with little effect compared to the other pitching attributes?
3/16/2009 1:29 AM
◂ Prev 1...40|41|42|43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.