Taking Advantage of Advanced Scouting Topic

How should one take advantage of advanced scouting (I have 14 million there)? I’d love to trade for prospects, but am unsure which prospects would be valued lower by others’ projections. For example, I’d love to trade for a young 80ovr that the trading team thinks will project to be a 75. But how do I know which guys the trading team would be undervaluing rather than overvaluing and projecting to be an 85ovr?
12/3/2023 1:55 PM
At 14M, there’s a chance he’s a 75 and not an 80+ that you were hoping for. To me, the better bet is to find out what type of players owners like. In my old league, I quickly realized who valued defense over hitting at certain positions, or power who might al a lot versus OBP. I’d also recommend understanding the relationship between age, how many years in the league, and their development; you’ll start seeing patterns pretty quickly. At that point advanced scouting for me was helpful only in the year they were drafted or signed as IFAs.
12/3/2023 8:44 PM
Taking Advantage of Advanced Scouting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.