Noob rest question Topic

I can't seem to find this answer. Does a player's % go up when the player isn't resting? Example: I have a low Dur Catcher who is at 90%. If I don't start him and just let him pinch hit off the bench will his % raise or not until he is resting. Thank you in advance.
2/1/2024 11:40 AM
It depends. If he is an ultra low durability C, he may need full rest for his energy to improve. Also, C's seem to tire more quickly when playing C. I had the same player whom had the same durability season over season, but he fatigued a lot more when he played more innings at the C position than when he played DH or RF.

The way that I think aboUT durability is the percentage of games a player can play without getting fatigued. There are 162 games (1450 innings) per season. If the player has 100 durability, he should be able to play all season and some pre season without getting fatigued. I had a 100 durability player that batted leadoff and could overplay COF and 1b. He played every day with no rest and no substitutions, pinch hitting or pinch running. He also played 5 games during pre season and every playoff game on a championship squad and he never got fatigued. However, if that same 100 durability player was a C and I played him at C, he likely would have has some fatigue during the season.
2/1/2024 2:38 PM
I should really keep a record of this going forward to have an exact answer. I see this question a lot. Seems like a lot of work though.
2/2/2024 11:30 AM
Should have just tested it rather than ask. But yes my guy has played in the last 8 games and his % is rising.
2/4/2024 11:22 AM
Generally, if you sit a player he will increase his %. Sometimes it might not happen every game
2/5/2024 4:08 PM
Noob rest question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.