Maximum Minor League Contract? Topic

Can someone please tell me what the maximum minor league contract is? Is it:
Contract #1) Minor league contract w/ ST invite?
OR
Contract #2) Minor league contract w/ ST invite PLUS a no trade clause?

Recently I offered contact #2 and was told that I needed to up my offer because I was outbid. The minor league player later signed with a different team for contract #1. What is going on here? Based on past experience I thought #2 was the max contract but this recent happening contradicts that.
1/13/2024 1:57 PM
1/ I didn't think you could offer a NTC on a minor league contract, however:

2/ Minor league + ST invite, if the player has matching bids then he considers the depth chart of the competitors and goes with the team where he has more "opportunity". I always lose out on these because I sign draftees and keep my minors stocked, and am usually competing against other owners who backfill with free agents every ST.

3/ You can offer a major league contract if you really want the player and are willing to pay at least $327k.

1/13/2024 3:04 PM
Posted by damag on 1/13/2024 3:04:00 PM (view original):
1/ I didn't think you could offer a NTC on a minor league contract, however:

2/ Minor league + ST invite, if the player has matching bids then he considers the depth chart of the competitors and goes with the team where he has more "opportunity". I always lose out on these because I sign draftees and keep my minors stocked, and am usually competing against other owners who backfill with free agents every ST.

3/ You can offer a major league contract if you really want the player and are willing to pay at least $327k.

1) Yes you can check the box for No Trade Clause when offering a minor league contract.
2) When there are matching bids you get a message saying that is the case (and that the depth chart for that position will be the determining factor). I did not get this message. I did get a message saying I had been outbid.
3) I am not going to offer a major league contract and pay 327K to fill a spot on a minor league roster.
1/13/2024 3:10 PM
Maximum Minor League Contract? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.