Service Time on this Player Topic

Can somebody help me understand this guy's service time? I brought him up 20 games into last season, and his service time read 0 at that point. Why does it read 1.002 now? Shouldn't it be like 0.152 or something?
Player Profile: Tommie Service - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
11/26/2023 7:47 AM
You brought him up 2 days early is what that means.
It's 20 minor league DAYS.
you could do it again this season but he now needs 22 days
11/26/2023 10:38 AM
The minor league schedule starts 1 or 2 days AFTER your first ML game. With a couple off days added in, I always bring up minor leaguers after the 21st ML game is played to make sure they have the 20 minor league days requirement met.
11/26/2023 11:34 AM
Oh ok, I see. I thought I might be a game or two off because I started a day later than some other teams in the league, and there were off days. I was counting other players service time ticking off and watched when they had accumulated 20 more days in that season. In any case, I can still fix it. But I don't understand why he still has a full year of service time accumulated if he sat for 18 or so days. Why is he at 1.002 after sitting 18 or 19 days, when players who don't sit at all register 1.004 after being on the bl all season?? Thanks ahead of time for explaining that to me.
11/26/2023 4:16 PM (edited)
Oh I see, those 18 games are added to the overall since the optional assignment was less than 20 days, damn, that really adds stress to getting it right the first time and erring on the side of caution. Well that won't happen again to me.
"If a player is on optional assignment less than 20 days during the season, this total is added to his big league service time. "
11/26/2023 6:24 PM
If going a little over is not an issue then the simplest way to ensure you never call them up early is to wait a full real life week from your 1st BL game.

I'm a little OCD, so I always just go to the aaa schedule and count 20 days. Then I add the date to the notes tab of the player.
Typically something like "after 12/3 pm".
11/26/2023 7:17 PM
Yeah, I am a little ocd about it too, but I had forgotten that rule above would apply if I erred by a day or so. I wanted him in for that game the day I called him up, and I thought if it was a day or two early, I would just makeup for it the next season. Dumb error, still only have five seasons of experience, and that hadn't come up before in the two or three times I've saved a year of service.
11/27/2023 3:02 AM
Service Time on this Player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.