Looking for help with problematic managers Topic

Hi folks,

I am a new theme league founder. This is my 2nd league I've started, and one manager has created 4 teams in my league, violating the no-clones policy in each team. Is there any power a league founder has? Can I remove teams? Once the league fills, can I delay the start of the league until the manager changes the teams? I don't want to be caught in a situation where the league fills up and the sim automatically let one person abuse the league, throwing away everyone's time and money. Thanks for the help.
8/9/2021 3:23 PM
I assume the owner has not responded to sitemails asking him to change his teams in compliance with league rules. That would be the first step.

After that, you can try sending a customer support ticket to alert WIS of the situation. I'm not sure what they will do, but I suspect they can manually remove the owner if the owner refuses to comply.

Once the league is full, not sure what to do other than continually realigning the league, which will re-set the schedule and delay the start.

Aside from all those options, you could just delete the league and start over again.

Others who have started more leagues than me may have better ideas.
8/9/2021 3:37 PM
contact admin and tell them who and what and they will pull those teams and issue warnings etc - if the league fills before resolution you can always keep shuffling divisions (which resets the schedule) until admin gets a chance to respond - timms does this alot

you can even get admin to apply forfeits in cases that call for it
8/9/2021 3:39 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
that is also a good response
8/9/2021 4:45 PM
I appreciate the feedback everyone. I would imagine this isn't the first time anyone has come across a scenario like this before. Themed leagues should be protected. Without policy enforcement, it's merely policy in theory. What is stopping me from going into an all 60's themed league and running Lebron, Steph, Joker and 2x Rodmans? Should a commissioner not have the ability to simply approve or disprove teams as they come in to make sure they meet the criteria?
8/9/2021 7:46 PM
you do, but admin is your enforcement arm - just tell them what needs doing and why
8/9/2021 7:51 PM
Isn't is "strange" that we all immediately think timms when we read the first post.
9/8/2021 9:09 AM
to be fair I was in the league he was referencing so I knew what was happening but also, yes
9/8/2021 10:16 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
starring Ernest T. Bass
9/14/2021 10:06 PM
Looking for help with problematic managers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.