THE $52 Million Draft League LXXIII Commentary Topic

Here is the thread for commentary and or complaints...
8/2/2021 10:02 PM
I expect redbooda will pick overnight. Typically that is what he does.
8/2/2021 10:02 PM
Who won the last league?
8/3/2021 9:46 PM
HDS1
8/3/2021 10:22 PM
Thank you.
His defense for that team was wicked good.
8/3/2021 10:54 PM
No huge surprises thus far. I was curious to see where 20-21 Jokic lands. Fancy new player seasons tend to get a premium due to recency bias and new toy syndrome. I expect he'll eventually settle in the bottom third or quarter of the first round due to his woeful D rating.

Personally, I would take Howard over Robinson but that's a matter of taste.
8/4/2021 7:56 AM
I am excited for the depth of the first round, I am liking having two picks so close together!
8/4/2021 9:44 AM
Didn't HDS1 have one really terrible defensive player though? I think that LTB had the same player on one of his championship teams too. So can a team in this league have some lower defensive players and win the title? It seems like maybe you can get away with one poor defensive player as a starter.
8/4/2021 11:29 AM
hds1 has not read his sitemail from last night
8/4/2021 11:39 AM
Posted by vancem on 8/4/2021 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Didn't HDS1 have one really terrible defensive player though? I think that LTB had the same player on one of his championship teams too. So can a team in this league have some lower defensive players and win the title? It seems like maybe you can get away with one poor defensive player as a starter.
I think this heavily depends on who the D liabilities are, what position they play, and who do you have picking up their slack. So you can get away with say a C with a 40-50 D rating if you have a player that can cover them in the 90s. But say you have a 90 PG an 80 SG and a 90 SF but you have a 70 C and a 40 PF. You are gonna be worse off then say you have an 80 PG, 90 SG, 70 SF, 90 PF, 40 C.
8/4/2021 12:25 PM
Posted by vancem on 8/4/2021 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, I know I won a championship in this league with Troy Murphy in my starting lineup, and I'm pretty sure I won another time with Carlos Boozer. It can be done.
8/4/2021 2:52 PM

tarheel1991
Hall of Famer
Add Favorite
Block User
For the record, if you a-holes had told me you would let Chris Paul fall to 14, I wouldn't have traded the pick.
8/5/2021 5:36 PM

a-hole update. ......dit dit dit dit (teletype machine chatters furiously in the backround)
last season draft
15. sappy - Chris Paul

great value but very gettable @14.
It will be interesting to see who's climbing & who's declining
8/5/2021 9:33 PM (edited)
I was actually fingers crossed on him when I made the deal but was otherwise totally OK trying for a Rodman build if it came to it - I think with 3 more picks by the next turn I would have been in a position to build around the worm
8/5/2021 9:32 PM
I figured there was a good chance that Doncic would be available at the end of the first round but likely wouldn't make it as far as my second round pick after the turn. After nabbing him I was planning to go in a much wackier direction with the second selection but couldn't bring myself to pass on Moses (who, as far as I know, has never made it out of the first round).
8/6/2021 11:28 AM
Should have put my #2 rounder up for trade. No one there I just had to have.
8/7/2021 10:48 AM
123456 Next ▸
THE $52 Million Draft League LXXIII Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.