ODL 80 Evaluations Topic

I’m back, baby!

It’s been fifteen seasons since I’ve written an ODL evaluation and it’s good to be back on top of my favorite league in the SIM. The ODL has always been the ultimate test for anyone hoping to prove they have what it takes to compete at the highest level in WIS with some of the best users around. I’ve won a championship or two during the last nine years since I first joined WIS, but by far, the one that stands out to me the most was my first ODL title. That was when I knew. I had arrived.

This isn’t going to be your typical evaluation thread. I’ve been there, done that. I’m not going to tell you why your team is going to be awesome. I’m not going to tell you why it’s going to suck. Okay, I’ll do that a little bit, but I’m going to try for more. This league has always been special to me. I’m going to try to convey my love for the SIM, my love for the ODL, and my appreciation for each of you for helping to make this website and this league amazing.

I’m going to be dropping a fair amount of content in this thread, and I have a small favor to ask you. If you like what I’m doing, if you want more, if you want something specific, just ask. I’ll write something for each one of you, but if I know you’re reading everything and I know you appreciate what I’m doing, then I’ll be more likely to write more stuff specifically for you.

I hope you enjoy!

5/18/2021 8:54 PM
Lights flash on into a studio set where we can see WIS user benhoidal along with Charles Barkley, Shaquille O’Neal, and Kenny Smith sitting behind a large booth with the letters TNT emblazoned in neon upon it. We zoom in on benhoidal who is sitting upright and grinning from ear to ear.

benhoidal: “Welcome to Inside the WIS NBA! Unfortunately Ernie Johnson will not be here today as he is off trying to start an ill-fated rap career alongside Nicki Minaj. Instead, I will be filling in in his stead. For those of you who don’t know me, I am benhoidal, a longtime WIS user and the defending champion of the Original Draft League.”

Charles Barkley: “The original what now?”

benhoidal: “Chuck, we just talked about this. Today’s segment is on the Original Draft League. It’s about to start it’s 80th season. It’s the whole reason for the show.”

Charles Barkley: “Oh, is this that nerd thing you were talking about earlier? I stopped listening once you said the word simoolation.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Chuck, I know they aren’t that good at schooling down in Alabama, but it’s pronounced simmalution.”

Kenny Smith: “You guys are unbelievable.”

benhoidal: “Anyways… today we are talking all about the Original Draft League. For those of you who don’t know…” He pauses and looks down the table to make sure Charles and Shaq are paying attention. “The ODL is the premier draft league in all of WhatIFSports. 24 of the best users on the whole site will be competing to see who can draft the best team and win the coveted ODL title. Every player in NBA history will be available to draft, with the governor who drafts each player having exclusive rights to any of their seasons.”

Charles Barkley: “Wait, I’m playing in this tournament?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “You’re going to have to get back on Weight Watchers Chuck!”

Charles Barkley: “You can’t even get out of that chair, let alone get up and down the court.”

Kenny Smith: “I’m still in pretty good shape. Feeling good about this.”

Chuck and Shaq crack up at this.

Charles Barkley: “Kenny, you ain’t getting drafted!”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Wait, how many rounds are there? Kenny’s got a chance if they go past one hundred.”

Kenny Smith hangs his head dejectedly.

benhoidal: “There will be six rounds, with the sixth round being a double round.”

Charles Barkley: “Double round? So there will be two of me running around?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I thought we already did that clone thing?”

benhoidal: “No, in the sixth round, each user will be able to draft two different players. After the sixth round each user will have seven exclusive players. They will then be able to fill the rest of their twelve man roster with any five undrafted players they choose.”

Charles Barkley: “Did you hear that Kenny? Each team gets five undrafted players. You have a chance!”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Chuck, what round do you think you’ll be going in? I bet the first round is just for players with rings!”

Charles Barkley: “Well, I’m sure Michael will go first, but after that, I bet I go in the top 10.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’d go with the big fella number one. That’s Kareem. Then Michael. Then Me. You gotta have rings to go in the top 10 Chuck!”

benhoidal: “Let’s please refrain from naming any potential draft picks. It’s kinda an unspoken rule in this draft.”

Kenny Smith: “I’m taking Hakeem the Dream number one baby!”

benhoidal: “Ugh, well let’s move on. This will be the first ODL that includes the 20-21 players and it is sure to shake things up. WITHOUT naming any names, do you guys see any new players who could crack the first round? How many new seasons do you think get used?”

Charles Barkley: “What you have to understand ben, is that the current NBA is a jump shooters league. None of these guys could bang with the studs from the 80’s and 90’s. I don’t think any modern players get drafted too high.”

Kenny Smith: “There’s a pair of big guys this season who have been tearing it up. I bet they both go early.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Big guys nowadays are soft. They don’t play with force. They always looking for a foul. If you want to win in this league, you have to draft a big guy from back in the day.”

Charles Barkley: “I’ll take Allen Iverson. It’s a big man’s league. You gotta get a point guard.”

benhoidal: “Please refrain from naming undrafted players. Well, that brings us to our next segment…”

Lights flash all over the stage and the Jeopardy theme song starts playing in the background.

benhoidal: “It’s time for our very own ODL edition of Jeopardy!”

Chuck, Shaq, and Ernie all make their way over to a part of the studio where three Jeopardy-like stands have been set up. On each stand, there is a white board for them to potentially write answers along with a buzzer for them to press.

benhoidal: “Let’s take a look at our categories!”

He waves his arm over to the side and we see a giant jumbo screen with five categories written across it and the dollar amounts for $100, $200, $300, $400, and $500 written in each of the five columns.

benhoidal: “Today our categories are, ‘New Governors’, ‘ODL Records’, ODL History, ‘ODL Rules’, and ‘Bob Rule’.”

Charles Barkley: “I think Kenny needs a stepstool.”

benhoidal: “Alright Chuck, since you are the oldest, you get first control of the board.”

Kenny Smith: “I guess ‘age before beauty’ is a real thing, huh?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “If beauty mattered I would have gone first since I am the most handsomest.”

Charles Barkley: “I’ll take ODL records for $300.”

On the big board, the $300 icon flips over to read the answer, which benhoidal reads aloud. “This potential draft selection is the only 7 time ODL champion.”

The contestants all rush to push their buzzer as fast as they can, but Barkley’s podium lights up first.

Charles Barkley: “Charles Barkley!”

The buzzer sounds.

Shaq’s podium lights up next.

Shaquille O’Neal: “Who is Shaquille O’Neal? You didn’t even ask the question Chuck. Don’t you know how to play?”

The buzzer sounds again. Charles starts hitting his buzzer as many times as he can, but it is Kenny’s podium that lights up.

Kenny Smith: “Who is Robert Horry?”

The buzzer sounds again, and benhoidal resumes speaking. “No, sorry. The correct question is, ‘Who is…’”

Kenny Smith: “No way! Robert Horry does have seven rings, I’m sure of it!”

Charles Barkley: “My buzzer isn’t working! Who is Charles Barkley!”

benhoidal: “Kenny, only ODL rings count for this question. Chuck, you already were given the chance to guess and you only get one per turn. Your question was wrong anyways. The correct question is, ‘Who is Tyson Chandler?’”

Kenny Smith: “No way, I’m pretty sure he only has one ring.”

benhoidal: “Kenny, again we are only talking about ODL rings.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Everyone here has more rings than him. Oh wait, how many rings do you have again Chuck?”

benhoidal: “Actually Shaq, Charles has 4 ODL rings. You, on the other hand, have never even won one.”

Charles Barkley: “Rings, Shaq, rings.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Mblvrblm.”

Charles Barkley: “How many does Kenny have?”

benhoidal: “Zero.”

Charles Barkley: “So now I’m the only one here who has any rings? I like this league!”

Kenny Smith: “Shut up Chuck, you can only win when ashamael picks you.”

Charles Barkley: “Who’s ashermeal? Is he the one who gets in all the arguments?”

benhoidal: “Alright guys, let’s get back on track. Kenny, since no one got that one correct, and you are the next oldest, why don’t you select the next category?”

Kenny Smith: “Alright, I’ll go with New Governors for $200 ben.”

On the big board, the $200 icon flips over to read the answer, which benhoidal reads aloud. “The only first time ODL governor (at least by this alias).”

Barkley’s podium lights up before the question has even been completed.

Charles Barkley: “Who is Arnold Schwarzenegger?”

The buzzer sounds.

Kenny Smith: “What? Are you serious.”

Charles Barkley: “What? He’s the only governor I know! And I’m pretty sure he’s never played basketball before.”

Kenny Smith: “Chuck, it’s not asking for real governors. It’s asking for the users who draft the teams!”

Shaq’s podium lights up.

Shaquille O’Neal: “I got to go with ‘The Body.’ Who is Jesse Ventura?”

The buzzer sounds once more.

Kenny Smith: “You guys gotta be kidding me.”

Kenny presses his buzzer and his podium lights up.

Kenny Smith: “Who is cjok1051?”

The buzzer sounds.

Kenny Smith: “What? He’s definitely new this season!”

benhoidal: “cjok1051 is actually a former ODL champion. He took a layoff for a few seasons, but is back.”

Charles Barkley: “Is that the guy who robusk is always mad at?”

benhoidal: “We were looking for 6theluckyone. Shaq, I guess we’ll give you control of the board. Which category would you like?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’ll take Mblvrmb for $400.”

benhoidal: “I’m sorry, what?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Blrvlbrm for $400.”

benhoidal: “...”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Lrglvrblvrm. $400.”

benhoidal: “Charles, I’m going to pass it to you.”

Charles Barkley: “Let’s do ODL history for $400.”

On the big board, the $400 icon flips over to read the answer, which benhoidal reads aloud. “The only ODL governor to ever get banned for life.”

Shaq’s podium is the first to light up.

Shaquille O’Neal: “Who is Donald Sterling?”

The buzzer sounds.

benhoidal: “No. He was banned in the other draft league. The $52M.”

Kenny Smith: “Wait, Donald Sterling played this game?”

benhoidal: “Yes, but he went under another username. He was named after a state.”

Charles Barkley’s podium lights up.

Charles Barkley: “Who is O.J. Mayo? Pretty sure he’s banned for life.

The buzzer sounds.

Kenny Smith: “Chuck I’m surprised you even know who that is.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “He only knows him because he’s named after a sandwich ingredient.”

Kenny’s podium lights up.

Kenny Smith: “I don’t know. Who is bds? Didn’t he get banned from some league?”

The buzzer sounds once more.

benhoidal: “No. We were looking for, ‘Who is tanguma?’”

Charles Barkley: “What kind of idiot names their kid tanguma?”

benhoidal: “Alright, Shaq. Let’s pass it back over to you. Try to annunciate this time please.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “ben, give me ODL records for $100.”

A loud noise maker goes off and lights start flashing on the big screen.

benhoidal: “That’s our Daily Double! Normally, you would be able to bet your points, but since none of you have any points, you can bet up to $1000. Shaq, how much would you like to bet?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “ben, I’m feeling pretty confident. Let’s go with the full $1000. Go big or go home.”

benhoidal: “Alright, in the last ten seasons of the ODL, there have been ten different champions. Which user has the most ODL championships and how many have they won?”

Shaq thinks for a minute, then buzzes in. “Michael Jordan. Pretty sure he has six.”

The buzzer sounds.

Shaquille O’Neal: “I mean, who is Michael Jordan?”

benhoidal: “No, sorry. We were looking for ‘Who is ashamael?’ although six was correct for the second part. After the last ODL, benhoidal is now only one behind however so the record is in play this season.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Isn’t that you?”

Benhoidal holds up a hand with five ODL rings on it. “Rings, Shaq, rings.”

Shaq mumbles something incoherent.

benhoidal: “Alright, we have one left before final jeopardy. Anyone have any preferences?”

Kenny buzzes in. “Let’s do ODL Rules for $500.”

benhoidal: “Okay, I’m going to try to make this one really easy. We actually already talked about it earlier on.”

The $500 icon flips over to read the answer, which benhoidal reads aloud. “The number of rounds in the ODL.”

Charles Barkley’s podium blinks on.

benhoidal: “Yes, Charles?”

Barkley stares into space for a few seconds, but is unable to answer. The buzzer sounds.

Kenny nudges Shaq. “Say 100.”

Shaq buzzes in. “What is 100?”

The buzzer sounds and Kenny and Chuck start cracking up.

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’ll see you in the locker room after the show.”

Kenny’s podium lights up.

Kenny Smith: “Seriously guys? We just said it earlier. ben, what is seven?”

The buzzer sounds.

benhoidal: “No, we were looking for six. Remember, the last round is a double round. Alright, it’s time for double jeopardy. Normally, all three of you would be able to bet up to your points, but since none of you have gotten any questions right, I guess we will just give you all $1000 to spend. You can use the whiteboards in front of you to write your answers. I’ll try to make this one as easy as possible for you guys.”

The big screen displays the answer, which benhoidal reads outloud. “The name of this league.”

The trio in front of him return blank stares.

benhoidal: “Seriously guys? Here, I’ll even give you the first part. It’s The Original… Now you fill in the rest.”

As the Jeopardy song plays, the trio start frantically writing down their answers. The camera pans over all three of them, who all look particularly smug. As the song dies down, benhoidal walks over to Barkley’s podium.

benhoidal: “Alright Chuck, let’s see what you wrote.”

Barkley flips his whiteboard over and we see the words, ‘What is The Original Mattress Factory?’

Kenny and Shaq start cracking up. benhoidal tries unsuccessfully to stifle a smile.

Charles Barkley: “What? Is that not right?”

benhoidal: “Shaq, what did you put?”

Shaq flips his whiteboard over and we see the words, ‘The Original Pancake House.’

Charles Barkley: “You didn’t even make it a question!”

Shaq adds an exclamation point to the end of his answer.

benhoidal: “Kenny? What you got?”

Kenny flips his whiteboard over to reveal, ‘What is the Original Basketball League?’

benhoidal: “Well at least that one was somewhat relevant. No, it is of course the Original Draft League. No one got a single question right.”

Charles Barkley: “Wait, we’re done? We didn’t even get to the Bob Rule category?”

benhoidal: “Speaking of Bob Rule, the 80th season of the Original Draft League is about to start and redbooda has the fifth pick, so be on high alert for the unexpected. We will see you next time on ‘Inside the WIS NBA.’”

As the show’s theme music begins to play and the camera starts to pan out, we hear Charles Barkley say, “Hope that ashy-male picks me again.”
5/19/2021 9:11 AM (edited)
1st Round
A cackling sound emits somewhere from a microphone, followed by two quick thumps and a high-pitched nasally voice saying, “Testing, testing…”

A computer screen turns on and we are suddenly in the middle of a zoom chat between Bill Simmons, Joe House, and benhoidal. Bill is wearing a grey hoodie with a ‘Teen Wolf’ t-shirt under it. He has an extremely patchy beard that looks like it has taken him two years to grow. House is wearing a wife beater with holes in it and barbeque stains. benhoidal seems to be the only one who knows they are on camera and is looking at the other two with a distasteful look.

Bill Simmons leans into his microphone. “Today’s episode of the ‘Are We Sure He’s Good?’ podcast, on the RINGER PODCAST NETWORK is presented by Roman, a long time supporting sponsor of the Bill Simmons podcast. If you are suffering from baldness, erectile dysfunction, inappropriate longing for 80s childhood actors, narcissism, looking like a ghost on TV or an inability to grow a beard, SUFFER NO MORE! Roman will provide you black market pharmaceuticals produced by underpaid employees with no health benefits in discreet packaging you can hide from your loved ones. AND NOW, my listeners can get 20% off your first purchase by entering BS in the box at the top. Roman: a digital health scam for men, by men. Also, check out our brand new podcasts on the RINGER PODCAST NETWORK, all hosted by our white employees who have personal connections to me. Ryen Russillo talks about his adventures in Wyoming in ‘Naked Camping’, Nephew Kyle opens up about how to make it in the entertainment world in ‘A Guide to Nepotism’, and our very own Joe House gets another podcast titled, ‘Bill and Joe’s Frathouse Adventures’. You can check out all of our Ringer podcasts on Spotify or Apple or wherever you get your podcasts by typing Ringer in the search box at the top. Don’t forget to subscribe. Coming up, a very special edition of our ‘Are We Sure He Is Good?’ podcast with MY FRIEND Joe House and benhoidal, a nerd from a website I used to promote, but quit because I never won. I am Bill Simmons and this is the Book of Basketball. And now, an exploitative song where you can hear my son rap over some song he found on iTunes.”

“It’s the book of basketball yall, it’s the book of basketball” *REFEREE WHISTLE*

Bill Simmons: “Years ago, when I could still write and had my old site, my buddy Gus told me about a website called WhatIFSports. It advertises as the most advanced and comprehensive basketball simulator around. My first reaction was, ‘Whaaaat?! Does Bill Russell break the sim engine?’ But even though the SIM doesn’t value Boston players nearly as much as it should, as soon as I found out that I could create a team with all of my favorite Celtics players from the 70's and 80's, then see their box scores every game, I was hooked. Even wrote a magazine column about it once. It's more addictive than a hot blackjack table in Vegas at 3 am. Now, twenty years later, we are talking all about the longest running draft league in simleague basketball, the Original Draft League. It just finished it’s first round of drafting, and wow were there some head scratching picks. I mean, Bill Russell is somehow still available! The second best player of all time and no one’s drafted him yet!”

Joe House: “What are these nerds thinking?”

Bill Simmons: “Reminds me of when Paul Pierce fell to the Celtics. Everyone knew he should have gone top 2, but he just kept falling for no reason. I remember my dad calling me saying ‘Who is Dilk Nobissi? I want Felipe Lopez. That guy plays winning basketball!’

benhoidal: “Russell’s best season has a 43.3 EFG%.”

Bill Simmons: “That’s a made up stat. I got a stat for you: wins.”

Joe House: “Yeah it’s all about the advanced stats: points per game, rebounds per game, killer instinct.”

benhoidal: “You know those aren’t adv…”

Bill Simmons: “Exactly. I mean I watch basketball and I understand the secret. Isiah Thomas told it to me at a topless pool in Vegas. I don’t need a geek on a computer to tell me what’s important.”

benhoidal: “I really wouldn’t call myself a ge…”

Bill Simmons: “Okay, this is how this works. I say someone’s name and then I ask you, ‘Are we sure he is good?’ and then you answer if he is good or not.”

Joe House: “Could you explain that one more time?”

Bill Simmons: “No. So the first guy here is obviously Wilt Chamberlain. Wasn’t as good as Russell when they played and everyone knew it. It’s only lately as his points per game records have started to seem unbreakable that people have started to over inflate how good he actually was. There are so many better ways to evaluate players than just looking at points per game.”

Joe House: “Exactly!”

benhoidal: “House, you literally just listed points per game as an important advanced stat.”

Bill Simmons: “tau1624 takes him 4th overall! 4th! I get why dh555 took LeBron, even if I would have taken Michael or Russell in that spot. I get why 24kpyrite took Curry, and I even get why sappy took Kareem. Not what I would have done, but I get it. But what in the world is tau1624 doing taking Wilt 4th?! With Jordan and Russell still on the board!”

Joe House: “Unbelievable! Basketball perversion!”

benhoidal: “Wilt was a great pick there. He’s a top three player in the SIM by any metric.”

Bill Simmons: “I mean, I watch basketball. All these millennials nowadays are just looking up basketball reference stats and trying to tell me that Wilt frickin Chamberlain should have been a top 4 pick in an all-time draft? Just watch basketball and you’d know he just doesn’t have the killer mentality of Russell or someone like Kobe.”

Joe House: “That’s a real advanced stat!”

benhoidal: “You guys know this is a computer simulation, right? A lot of these stats the engine uses are exactly the same as the ones on basketball reference.”

Bill Simmons: “Alright, so I have to ask. House, benhoidal, ARE WE SURE HE’S GOOD?”

Joe House: “No! In fact, I am sure he isn’t good! Look, millennials nowadays just don’t know basketball like you do Podfather!”

benhoidal: “You guys realize that Wilt has one of the best seasons in the SIM right? 68.3 efg% on 2 points of usage. Insane rebounding and assists. And he has 83 D with incredibly low fouls.”

Bill Simmons: “Yeah, but those are regular season numbers. Wilt is like James Harden. He’s just not going to put up the same eye-popping stats in the playoffs!”

Joe House: “Yeah, no killer instinct!”

benhoidal: “You guys realize the sim uses the exact same stats for the regular season and playoffs right?”

Bill Simmons: “I don’t know. My friend all3 tells me that admin changes the engine during the playoffs to add more randomness.”

benhoidal: “As a general rule, whatever all3 tells you, believe the exact opposite. Whether that’s basketball or real life, the rule always applies.”

Bill Simmons: “Okay, well since we are all in agreement that Wilt is not good, let’s move on!”

benhoidal: “Wait, when did we agree? Wilt is clearly a top three player!”

Bill Simmons: “Exactly. We all agree. Wilt is not good. benhoidal, do you have anyone you want to nominate?”

benhoidal: “Yes actually. Thank you Bill. The new 20-21 seasons just dropped and everyone has been eying the new Jokic season. Almost 30 usage, 60+ efg%, decent rebounding, and incredible passing. Everyone knew someone was going to grab him too early, but twelfth? The typical top eleven go mostly chalk with a few players rising or falling a couple spots more than usual, but after that there’s usually some debate on who goes next. This season it was Jokic. So we have to ask, is this way too early for him? Are we sure he’s this good?”

Bill Simmons: “What do you think House?”

Joe House: “He just doesn’t produce every night. Triple double one night. Four field goal attempts the next. The best players bring their A game every night. He’s just not on that level.”

Bill Simmons: “Look, the last podcast I did was titled, ‘A Full Fledged Jokic-gasm.’ I love the Joker, or as I call him, the Harsh Marshmallow.”

Joe House: “Wow. I love that name Podfather! I’ve always thought he was really good.”

Bill Simmons: “Right? I love the Harsh Marshmallow. But over Bird? As long as we’re drafting a white guy, it’s got to be 86 Bird right? That 86 Celtics team is still the best team I’ve ever seen.”

benhoidal: “I’d draft Bird over him too, but why are we limited to white guys? Also, Bird has three better seasons than 86.”

Joe House: “I think I’d take Dirk over Jokic too.”

Bill Simmons: “Exactly. Bird, McHale, Dirk, Bill Walton. Dave Cowens, John Havlicek. All those guys are better than Jokic.”

Joe House: “What about Tommy Heinson?”

Bill Simmons: “Oh yeah, forgot about Tommy Gun! Definitely him too.”

benhoidal: “Okay, this is going a little too far. I mean twelfth was a bit ridiculous, but he’s still a high second rounder at least.”

Bill Simmons: “Look, I like Jokic. I think I’m higher than him than most people and I might even slide him into the back end of my Pyramid rankings, even if Curry is the real MVP this season. I’d draft him in the fourth or fifth round.”

benhoidal: “That would be the lowest he has ever gone. So, you have him lower than everybody.”

Bill Simmons: “No, most people are still underrating him. I probably have him in the top 100 on my big board.”

benhoidal: “He just went twelfth.”

Bill Simmons: “Alright, House, benhoidal, are we sure Jokic is good?”

Joe House: “Yes! He’s the Harsh Marshmallow!”

Bill Simmons: “Exactly. I still would have drafted Bird or McHale. Maybe Havlicek.”

Joe House: “Tommy Gun!”

Bill Simmons: “So yes, he’s good. Just not twelfth. ben, what do you think?”

benhoidal: “I mean I have twenty-two players who I think are definitely better than Jokic. It’s not a good pick at twelve. Really makes you focus on defense and rebounding for the rest of the draft. But, Jokic is still really good at some incredibly important things. He’s good. Not twelfth good, but definitely good.”

Bill Simmons: “Alright, well the next two guys just have to be Rudy Gobert and James Harden. Let’s start with Gobert.”

Joe House: “Rudy Gobert isn’t even a top 15 guy in the league right now! What is jackedjamie thinking?!”

benhoidal: “That was actually a good pick. He’s pretty clearly in the 13-18 range for me. I definitely would have taken Anthony Davis over him, but Gobert is awesome.”

Bill Simmons: “Larry Bird is still available!”

benhoidal: “Bird would have been a fine pick there too. Big guys have a little more value in the first round though than wings.”

Bill Simmons: “When Dwight Howard, Karl Malone, and Rudy FRIGGIN Gobert go before Larry Bird, you know the GMs don’t know what they are doing.”

Joe House: “Hey Podfather? You should put together a new Atrocious GM Summit like you did in your old column, but do it for WIS users!”

Bill Simmons: “Well, jackedjamie would definitely be in that summit after picking Gobert.”

benhoidal: “jackedjamie just had the second best record in the league with 55 wins.”

Bill Simmons: “Gotta be honest ben, after picking Dwight 8th, you might be joining him. Dwight is the least fun NBA player since Joe Barry Carroll. Didn’t you trade up for that pick?”

benhoidal: “Yes.”

Joe House: “Throw him in the summit, Podfather!”

Bill Simmons: “Yeah, sorry. That’s just inexcusable. You’re attending the Summit. Alright, let’s move on to Harden. If you want a point guard that badly, why not just take Magic? Bird or Russell would have been better, but Magic would have been a great pick! I did TV with him!”

benhoidal: “I’m a little lower on Harden than some on here, but he’s still a first round pick. Definitely a better pick than Magic.”

Joe House: “Did you just say James Harden is better than Magic Johnson?”

benhoidal: “Look this isn’t real life. It’s just numbers on a computer screen. Names don’t matter, and Harden has better stats than Magic.”

Joe House: “I have no idea what you just said.”

Bill Simmons: “Those must be regular season stats. Harden falls apart in the playoffs.”

benhoidal: “They are regular season stats, but WIS uses the same regular season stats for the regular season and the playoffs. So Harden will have the same stats in the playoffs as he does in the regular season.”

Bill Simmons: “Hmm, I still think he’s going to choke in the clutch. Alright, House, benhoidal, is James Harden good?”

benhoidal: “Obviously.”

Joe House: “I heard you don’t ever reach your real life free throw attempts in the SIM?”

benhoidal: “Well yeah, but…”

Bill Simmons: “So we all agree, James Harden is NOT good. Alright House, the last one’s yours. Who do you want to talk about?”

Joe House: “I want to talk more about Dwight Howard! I know we’ve gone down the draft a bit, but I want to go back and talk about that terrible eighth pick!”

benhoidal: “Who would you have taken there?”

Joe House: “Kobe. I need that Mamba Mentality.”

Bill Simmons: “How was Kobe not a first rounder?! Look, I spent twenty years rooting against him, and even I have to admit he deserves to go in the first round.”

benhoidal: “Have you seen Kobe’s stats? He’s…”

Bill Simmons: “I still can’t believe Russell is still just sitting there. Twenty-four WIS GMs and not one of them takes the second best player ever? Maybe they all need to go to the Atrocious GM Summit?”

Joe House: “Send them, Podfather!”

Bill Simmons: “Okay, okay. They all deserve to be at the Summit. Getting back to Dwight. ben, please tell me what was going through your head when you made this giant mistake.”

benhoidal: “Well I traded up hoping one of my top six would fall. I knew booda would come through for me, but I needed one more. We get to the sixth pick and Giannis, Dwight, and Shaq are all just sitting there. Would have loved any of them.”

Bill Simmons: “Shaq was like me in college. Could have gotten that 4.0, but had fun and got a 3.3 instead.”

benhoidal: “What?”

Bill Simmons: “I see why you wanted Shaq. He’s criminally underrated. I have him ranked 15th.”

benhoidal: “No one else in the world rates him that low. If he’s underrated, it’s you who is underrating him.”

Bill Simmons: “I can even kind of see why you want Giannis. He’s never going to come through for you in the big moments, but he’s at least going to get you there.”

benhoidal: “I’m not even sure what that means.”

Bill Simmons: “But Dwight Howard? Dwight was always destined to become the next great center, but never lived up to his potential.”

benhoidal: “Do you still think this is real life? It’s a computer simulation.”

Bill Simmons: “So we all agree, Dwight is NOT good.”

Joe House: “We all agree.”

benhoidal: “We do n…”

Bill Simmons: “Alright, well that was the ‘Are We Sure He’s Good?’ podcast for the Book of Basketball 2.0 pod. I liked it. I still can’t believe Bill Russell hasn’t been drafted yet. All three of us came to the conclusion that Wilt Chamberlain, Rudy Gobert, James Harden, and Dwight Howard are in fact NOT good, the Harsh Marshmallow is okay, and benhoidal deserves to be in the Atrocious GM Summit. Thanks for listening, don’t forget to check out all the Ringer podcasts on the RINGER PODCAST NETWORK.”
5/23/2021 3:58 PM (edited)
2nd Round
A phone buzzes on an otherwise empty desk. There is a short pause, before it buzzes a second time. A hand stretches out and picks up the phone. The phone is slowly brought towards our screen until the home screen of the phone is all we see. The twitter app is opened and various tweets scroll by:

@wojespn: With the 25th pick, ysw will select Scottie Pippen
@RealSkipBayless: No MJ to bail out Scottie in this league. OVERRATED!
@Rachel__Nichols: Kawhi and Scottie hounding opposing guards! How is anyone supposed to score?
@LarsaPippen: Boardman gets paid? Let me know if you need your load managed Kawhi

@wojespn: With the 26th pick, copernicus will choose Hassan Whiteside
@JoelEmbiid: That guy??? Over me??? They would have to take his *** out in 5 minutes if he played me
@RoundMound: Hassan’s best strength is going to a bank twice a month stealing money
@SHAQ: SOFT!
@TheKillers: Open up my eager eyes! The Worm and Whiteside!

@wojespn: With the 27th pick, jcred5 prefers Clint Capela
@ZachLowe_NBA: That new Capela season is truly wonderful
@robusk: Thank goodness ben can’t pair Howard and Capela
@sim_devil: NOOOOO!
@NateDuncanNBA: Very excited to see how Capela is able to finish lobs from John Stockton.

@wojespn: With the 28th pick, jkaye24 is zeroing in on Karl-Anthony Towns
@stephenasmith: I CAN’T BELIEVE KARL-ANTHONY TOWNS WENT THIS EARLY! THIS IS PRE-POSTEROUS!
@TalkHoops: I am going to throw out this hot take: you shouldn’t select players who don’t win basketball games.

@wojespn: With the 29th pick, 6theluckyone is focused on selecting Draymond Green
@Round_Mound: No Steph Curry to bail out Draybum Green now
@DannyLeroux: 6theluckyone clearly focused on frontcourt defense but curiously has dedicated no resources to the backcourt.

@wojespn: With the 30th pick, albiband0 is fixated on Jason Kidd
@stephenasmith: JKIDD BEFORE ALLEN IVERSON??? AI WILL CARRY YOU TO THE FINALS BY HIS D*MN SELF!
@KevinOConnorNBA: This team is building like it is still 2005. Blow it up!

@wojespn: With the 31st pick, cjok1051 is determined to select Kevin McHale
@BillSimmons: Bird and McHale??? Just give cj the title!
@ShamsCharania: Sources: cjok1051 is not totally committed to the idea of selecting only white forwards.

@wojespn: With the 32nd pick, thomcat might take Ben Wallace
@TalkHoops: The only player alive you can pair with James Harden is someone who a) doesn’t want to shoot and b) has complementary hair.

@wojespn: With the 33rd pick, benhoidal is singling out Damian Lillard
@DwightHoward: Dame Time! Let’s Go!
@BillSimmons: Finally someone to bail out Dwight!
@IanKarmel: My god, Dame. benhoidal in 6.

@wojespn: With the 34th pick, jackedjamie is electing to take Bill Walton
@clubtrillion: Bill Walton also said this was the greatest team in PAC-12 history.

@wojespn: With the 35th pick, pharrop is opting for Bam Adebayo
@Round_Mound: Perfect sidekick
@NateDuncanNBA: It is 2021 but sure, build your team around two big men.

@wojespn: With the 36th pick, ashamael is deciding on Kyrie Irving
@Round_Mound: Still mad at ashy male for passing on me
@stephenasmith: KYRIE OVER AI?????

@wojespn: With the 37th pick, tarheel1991 is locked in on Shawn Kemp
@netw3rk: fathered 2 children between the 1st round and 2nd round
@RobPerez: feels like yesterday i watched Shawn Kemp do the macarena on top of Alton Lister's body and all the refs did was say get up.

@wojespn: With the 38th pick, gerryred has grown comfortable with the prospect of selecting Magic Johnson
@SHAQ: robusk needs to take Penny next!
@MagicJohnson: gerryred has drafted a point guard to pair with a power forward. Cookie and I sending in our RSVP to what I am assuming is Karl Malone’s daughter’s Quinceañera.

@wojespn: robusk is trading the 39th pick to tarheel1991 who is lasered in on Ben Simmons
@ZachLowe_NBA: tarheel drafting all the turnovers
@SHAQ: MMBLVRBL
@KevinOConnerNBA: One of the most elite, fake left handed players of all-time.

@wojespn: With the 40th pick, Midge has cleared the way to choose Kevin Garnett
@Midge: ANYTHING IS POSSIBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!
@NBA_Stanchion: Please Sir, I have a family.
@555’ers: How is my guy still undrafted?

@wojespn: With the 41st pick, rjk2781 is seriously considering Dwyane Wade
@jeskeets: This team is going to be excruciating to watch.
@555’ers: Seriously. I almost picked him 1st overall.

@wojespn: jhsukow is trading the 42nd pick to jkaye24 who has no plans to pass on Julius Erving
@netw3rk: Woj crush my larynx w your heel
@robusk: jkaye making it rain!
@tarheel: But what about budget?
@robusk: ...
@555’ers: How is he still available?!

@wojespn: With the 43rd pick, NotoriousJ is unlikely to resist Andre Drummond
@SHAQ: SOFT
@NickWright: Someone has to clean up all of Jordan’s misses. LeBron is the GOAT!
@555’ers: I can almost taste it!

@wojespn: With the 44th pick, redbooda is enamored with Luka Doncic
@KDTrey5: Welcome to the club, Luka Magic!
@TheFakeVlade: That’s a nah for me.
@555’ers: Soooooo close!

@wojespn: With the 45th pick, tau1624 can’t stop himself from selecting Domantas Sabonis
@555’ers: Just a few more!
@netw3rk: Sabonis looks like Hans Gruber was on an episode of The Simpsons
@TalkHoops: tau1624 is about to become the target of multiple bullying campaigns

@wojespn: With the 46th pick, sappy is tantalized by Deron Williams
@555’ers: IT’S HAPPENING!!!!!
@BillSimmons: Kareem and Deron Williams: Wow, two players I never want to watch play a second of basketball.
@jsloan_ghost: Good luck with that.

@wojespn: With the 47th pick, 24pkyrite wants Tyson Chandler
@555’ers: EMBIIIIIIIIIIIIID!
@mcuban: 24kpyrite knows that this league has a salary cap, right?

@wojespn: With the 48th pick, dh555 refuses to pass on Joel Embiid.
@BillSimmons: No Bill Russell in the first two rounds??? Being a GM is so simple, like just draft the best player
@555’ers: Everything is right in the world!
@TalkHoops: Apparently Andrew Toney was not available.

The twitter app closes, we hear a click, and the phone screen turns black
5/27/2021 4:37 PM (edited)
Round Three
Lights flash on into a studio set where we can see WIS user benhoidal along with Charles Barkley, Shaquille O’Neal, and Kenny Smith sitting behind a large booth with the letters TNT emblazoned in neon upon it. We zoom in on benhoidal who is looking a little tired and forcing a smile.

benhoidal: “Welcome to Inside the WIS NBA. I’m WIS user benhoidal. Ernie Johnson is still off pursuing his rap career, so I will be hosting again. Despite vowing to never work with the three bozos next to me ever again, TNT has roped me back in. Special thanks to the viewers of our last episode, which was the highest rated fake basketball draft preview of all-time. Hopefully nobody watches this time around, so I don’t have to come back and listen to Chuck and Shaq confuse a computer simulation with real life once more. Today we are talking about round three of the recent ODL draft. Charles, Shaq, Kenny, how are you guys doing today?”

Charles Barkley: “I’m doing great, ben. I got my draft board all set and I’m ready to take Allen Iverson number one!”

benhoidal: “Charles, you’re not drafting anyone. You’re one of the players in this league.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’m ready to go too, ben. Hoping I’m still available when it’s my turn to pick myself!”

benhoidal puts his head in his hands.

Kenny Smith: “You guys are so dumb. We aren’t the one’s drafting. Chuck, you were taken 14th by pharrop. Shaq, you were taken 10th by robusk.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “When were you taken Kenny?”

Charles and Shaq both start cracking up.

Kenny Smith: “There’s still three rounds. I have a chance!”

Charles Barkley: “ben, didn’t you say last time that the drafters in this league were the best?”

benhoidal: “Well, for the most part, yes. The ODL has some of the best competition in the whole SIM.”

Charles Barkley: “Well, then no one is drafting Kenny!”

Shaq starts laughing, and Kenny hangs his head dejectedly.

benhoidal: “Well, you never know. redbooda still has four picks left.”

Charles Barkley: “I like what this fairy-up is doing. He must be pretty smart to draft me in the first round.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I like this robust fellow. He knows that rings matter.”

benhoidal: “Well, we are now halfway through the draft and most teams have three players.”

Kenny Smith: “Except yours!”

benhoidal: “Right, after trading up in the first round, I didn’t have a third round pick.”

Charles Barkley: “How do you only have two picks after three rounds? You must be really bad at this.”

Shaq starts counting on his fingers and is looking confused as one hand has up two fingers and the other has up three.

benhoidal: “Let’s look at the third round results.”

The following graphic shows up on the screen behind them:

Round Three
1. dh555 - Jrue Holiday
2. 24kpyrite - Anfernee Hardaway
3. sappy - Marcus Camby
4. tau1624 - Kyle Lowry
5. redbooda - Zion Williamson
6. NotoriousJ - Manu Ginobili
7. jhsukow - Paul George
8. rjk2781 - Chauncey Billups
9. Midge - Michael Porter
10. robusk - Jimmy Butler
11. gerryred - Nikola Vucevic
12. robusk (via tarheel1991) - Christian Wood
13. ashamael - Donyell Marshall
14. pharrop - John Collins
15. jackedjamie - Zach Lavine
16. rjk2781 (via benhoidal) - Larry Nance
17. thomcat - Buck Williams
18. cjok1051 - Steve Nash
19. albiband0 - Robert Parish
20. 6theluckyone - Klay Thompson
21. jhsukow (via jkaye24) - Dikembe Mutombo
22. jcred5 - Amare Stoudemire
23. copernicus - Mike Conley
24. ysw128 - Joakim Noah

benhoidal: “Any particular picks stand out to you guys? Which team’s ‘Big Three’ do you all like best?”

Charles Barkley: “I really like what Fairy Cup is doing. Great first round pick. Bam Bam in the second to play defense for me and pass me the ball. Perfect pick. Didn’t understand the John Collins pick in the third. I don’t even know who that is, but he should have drafted a point guard to pass me the ball.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I like this rodusk guy. Two third round picks? Genius!”

benhoidal: “Well, he traded his second round pick to get the extra third.”

Shaq’s mouth drops open and he looks dumbfounded.

Kenny Smith: “I don’t really like anyone’s team that much. No Hakeem Olajuwon? Someone’s going to get a steal in the fourth!”

benhoidal: “Alright guys, if you had to pick someone’s team after three rounds and you can’t pick the governor who drafted yourself, who would you pick?”

Charles Barkley: “I’m going with abby bond. Everyone else is making jump shooter teams. Abby knows you need the old school guys. Duncan, and Parish down low to pound it in. J Kidd to pass the ball and keep everyone happy. No jump shooters.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I like rjk2781’s team. Moses Malone. Now that’s a big guy. He’s not soft like today’s fake bigs who only want to take jumpers. He’ll pound you down low. Dwayne Wade. The Flash. That’s my guy. Should have been a first round pick. And Chauncey Billups. Mr. Big Shot! Now that’s a ‘Big Four!’”

benhoidal: “Well, that’s only three, but he actually does have four players at this point. He also drafted Larry Nance.”

Kenny Smith: “Sr. or Jr.?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Sr. obviously.”

benhoidal: “Yes, but not obviously.”

Charles Barkley: “So this jrk guy has four players, and you only have two? I’m changing my answer. I’m picking him too.”

benhoidal: “Kenny, which team do you like best?”

Kenny Smith: “There were a lot of teams I liked after two rounds, ben, but not many I still like. Chris Paul and Kevin Garnett are the perfect match, but Michael Porter in the third? Karl Malone and Magic Johnson? Yes please! But then you draft Nikola Vucivic in the third? What are these GMs thinking?”

benhoidal: “Porter and Vucevic were actually both pretty good picks, but I’m not going to argue with you guys anymore. Instead…”

Lights flash all over the stage and a pleasant melody starts playing in the background. The graphic of the third round picks disappears.

benhoidal: “It’s time for the return of everybody’s favorite grammatically incorrect show…” A skinny showman’s microphone flies up from the bottom of the screen and benhoidal catches it in one smooth motion. He pulls his arm back and points it at the camera in a big swinging motion. “Whoooooooo He Play For!”

Shiny neon letters spelling out the name of the game replace the graphic of the third round picks.

Shaquille O’Neal: “Kenny, I bet Chuck gets one right.”

Charles Barkley: “Thank you Shaq. Glad you have my back.”

Kenny Smith: “He said you were going to get one right. There’s five questions.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Well last year he didn’t get any right. One is a big improvement.”

Charles Barkley: “That’s right!”

benhoidal: “Here’s the deal. Last time Chuck played this game, he didn’t get a single one correct. In fact, he’s never actually had a winning score.”

Charles Barkley: “Ever?”

benhoidal: “Ever.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “He ain’t ever had a winning score in the finals either.”

benhoidal: “Alright, you guys know the rules to this game. I say a player who was drafted in the third round, and Charles and Shaq simply have to tell me who that player was drafted by. This time around we are going with five players who have never been drafted in the third round before. Keep in mind that the third round results were literally just posted for everyone to see. So, Chuck, Shaq, are you guys ready for the five players?”

Charles Barkley: “I’m ready, ben.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “May the most handsomest win!”

benhoidal: ““Here we go! Number one is John Collins! Who he play for?”

Kenny Smith: “Oh Chuck, you cannot possibly get this one wrong.”

Charles Barkley: “...”

Shaquille O’Neal: “That sounds like a sappy guy. I don’t know why.”

Charles Barkley: “I don’t even know who that is. Was it ashy meal?”

Buzzer sounds

benhoidal: “Actually, Chuck, John Collins is on your team. The correct owner is pharrop.”

Charles looks dumbfounded as Kenny shakes his head beside him.

Shaquille O’Neal: “Honestly Chuck, how do you not know your own teammates?”

Charles Barkley: “As long as he passes me the ball, I don’t have to know his name.”

benhoidal: Alright, number two! Christain Wood. Who he play for?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “...”

Kenny Smith: “Are you guys serious?”

Charles Barkley: “That sounds like a naughty pastor. I’m going with asher meel.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Is he on Chuck’s team too?”

The buzzeruzzer sounds.

benhoidal: “Christain Wood is on your team Shaq. The correct owner is robusk.”

Kenny Smith: “You guys are unbelievable.”

Charles Barkley: “Guess you don’t know your teammates either huh Shaq?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Is that the guy who’s always getting me water?”

benhoidal: “Number three is Zion Williamson! Who he play for?”

Charles Barkley: “That’s a made up name!”

Shaquille O’Neal: “That’s the guy they say plays like you Chuck!”

Charles Barkley: “Guess not, if he wasn’t drafted until the third round!”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Pretty sure he plays for the Grizzlies.”

benhoidal: “We’re looking for a WIS user who drafted him in the third round, not the NBa team he plays for in real life, which by the way, is not the Grizzlies.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I guess I’ll go with jackedjamie. Zion’s pretty jacked right?”

Charles Barkley: “ashley male?”

Kenny Smith: “Chuck, is ashamael the only one you know?”

The buzzer sounds.

benhoidal: “The correct answer is actually redbooda.”

Charles Barkley: “Like the statue?”

benhoidal: “Number four is Michael Porter.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “...”

Charles Barkley: “... asher mill?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Even a broken clock is right twice a day Chuck. I’m going with ashy meal too.”

The buzzer sounds.

benhoidal: “No. We were looking for Midge.”

Charles Barkley: “Is he short?”

benhoidal: “Alright, last chance. Number five is Zach Lavine. Who he play for?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I judged him in the dunk contest once!”

Charles Barkley: “Great dunker. Turrible player. Are you sure these guys are all third rounders?”

benhoidal: “Yes. Okay guys, who you got? You just need one to break your losing streak.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’m feeling really lucky with this one ben. So I’m going to go with 6theluckyone.”

Kenny Smith: “Don’t say it!”

Charles Barkley: “asha murl?”

The buzzer sounds.

benhoidal: “The correct governor there was jackedjamie. I guess this is why we only play this game once a year.”

Kenny Smith: “Give them the same five guys next week and I guarantee you they won’t get them right. Heck do it ten minutes from now.”

benhoidal: “Chuck, who does John Collins play for?”

Kenny Smith: “He doesn’t know!!!”

Charles Barkley: “That’s the guy on Shaq’s team right?”

benhoidal: “No, Chuck. He’s on your team. Unbelievable. Well, there you go folks. To absolutely no one’s surprise, Charles and Shaq get them all wrong. This was ‘Who He Play For?’ Next time you see us will be after the draft has concluded."
5/31/2021 11:54 PM (edited)
Round Four
A screen turns on and we see a black background with the words ‘Hot Takes with the Sim Devil’ written in bold red block letters. Flames emit from the logo, crackling all around it. An animated red devil cartoon dances into the frame and on top of the logo as “Sympathy for the Devil” by the Rolling Stones plays.

The animation fades out and we see a studio set with a camera crew facing a large desk with monitors behind it. The monitors are all showing the animation of the cartoon devil dancing around among crackling flames. At the studio desk, we see user benhoidal. The cameras zoom in until all we see is benhoidal and the monitor behind him.

“Hello! Today's show, ‘Hot Takes with the Sim Devil’ is brought to you from the depths of Sim Hell, and is presented by Slash Torture Chambers. If you’re looking for the best torture and bullying service that SIM Hell has to offer, Slash Torture Chambers has you covered.”

benhoidal shifts to a different camera.

“I’ve been making the rounds lately on a few notable basketball podcasts and shows and well, I’m sick and tired of talking with people who don’t know anything about sim basketball, or basketball at all for that matter. The Bill Simmons podcast I was on was particularly frustrating. Don’t think I’ll be invited back to that one. So I decided to do my own show.

I’ll be wrapping up the fourth round of the recent ODL draft, but I’m not here to sugar coat things for you. Today, I’m coming right at you with the hottest takes from SIM Hell. I’m going to tell you exactly why your picks all suck and why when all is said and done, the only one dancing at the end of ODL 80 will be the SIM Devil himself, me.”

benhoidal let’s loose an evil sounding cackle.

“First up to start round four, ysw128 takes Tom Boerwinkle. First, he doubles down on Kawhi Leonard by taking Pippen, and now he doubles down on Joakim Noah, by taking Boerwinkle. This team will make the playoffs as soon as ysw finds the shift key.

copernicus started the draft with an incredible Rodman, Whiteside pairing. If you can get great usage in the next three rounds, you’re all set. Bledsoe and Conley are normally wonderful picks. That’s a pretty good point guard rotation. Unfortunately, you’re done with four rounds and still don’t have a leading scorer. Maybe you can find one in the fifth, as long as you don’t take someone awful like, I don’t know, Myles Turner.

Montrezl Harrell comes off the board next as jcred5 continues to take players with very high efg% and mediocre defense. You better hope Capela gets a D bump in the next week or you aren’t stopping anyone!

jhsukow takes Danny Green who is a very reliable role player with the exact same stats as someone you could get after the draft is over. He also plays the same position as your second round pick.

6theluckyone decides to draft Terry Porter, another player who can’t rebound to pair with AD and Klay. I’m sure that will turn out well.

albiband0 actually sent a bunch of proxies this draft so I won’t rag on him too much. Also, don’t tell anyone, but I actually like his picks so far. A little early on a few guys, but nothing crazy. Tick-tock.

Is anyone else disappointed that cjok1051 didn’t keep drafting white guys? But seriously, four high usage players in the first four rounds. That’s a lot of money and not a lot of rebounds.

Then thomcat takes Richaun Holmes who is just a worse version of Chris Boucher who is still available. Great front court D, but now he’ll have to draft a SG that can defend three positions. As long as it’s not someone like Jason Terry, he should be fine.

Alright, finally here’s someone who knows what they’re doing. Shawn Marion in the fourth? To pair with Dwight Howard and Damian Lillard? This team’s going to be dancing deep into the playoffs.

Jackedjamie takes Chris Boucher, who is an outstanding pick. Pairing him with Gobert and Walton is an awesome trio upfront. Now he just needs good guard picks with usage to go alongside them. Wait, did he really pick Zach Lavine in the third round??? There are SGs who are almost as good as him who go completely undrafted!!

That new Jaylen Brown season is pretty nice pharrop, but four rounds without a center or PG is insane. Wings are a dime a dozen, and three of them after four rounds leaves you with thirty cents and no championship aspirations.

ashamael takes Samuel Dalembert to pair upfront with the Admiral. Donyell at SF is a perfect fit, even if my phone keeps wanting to correct his name to Donald. The lack of front court assists probably either pushes Kyrie to SG or eliminates his best season. Dalembert is pretty underrated, but also a pretty boring fourth round pick.

Next up, robusk has the first of his two fourth round picks and selects Derrick Favors whose new season is a wonderful small forw… wait he picked Christian Wood last round whose new season is also awesome at small forward. Why did he pick two small forwards? Oh nevermind, he clarified it in the comments by saying Wood will be backing up Shaq and Favors will be playing the other post spot. So now, not only is Wood only playing at 99%, but you have three below average rebounders in the front court.

gerryred takes Derek Harper who is the most boring SIM player of all time. What makes it worse is that he already has Magic at point. You don’t need another point guard this early!

Alright well that means Rob is up again and I’m sure he’s going to take someone really good with 20+ dreb%, lots of defense, and maybe some threes if he’s lucky. Oh. Khris Middleton. Better hope Butler gets that D boost or you’re toast!

Midge takes Bobby Portis next who is an excellent 6th round pick. Or he would be if he didn’t play the exact same position as the last two guys you drafted.

Andrew Bogut goes next and he is just perfect for this league. Excellent pick by whomever just drafted him.

jhsukow is up next for his second pick of the round. He takes Al Horford which gives him a bunch of decent role players around Giannis, without a true second banana. Just like the Bucks the last two seasons, this strategy will leave him just short of where he wants to end up. And by that, I’m assuming he wants to make the playoffs.

NotoriousJ is up next and takes Joel Przybilla who grew up just a half an hour from me. Przybilla joins Andre Drummond for the worst defensive front court in the league. At least they’ll clean up all of MJ’s missed mid-rangers that you’re paying an arm and a leg for.

Okay, next is redbooda. After taking KD, Luka, and Zion, booda decides the thing he needs most is the most expensive player left. This team is headed for 17,000 minutes of nothing but scoring. If we didn’t already know who was going first in every division draft, we do now.

tau1624 takes Bill Russell, giving him the most expensive duo in the league along with Wilt. As if Domantas Sabonis wasn’t a bad enough 2nd round pick, now he has to play SF the whole game despite being at 95%.

Buddy Hield goes next to sappy. Buddy just won the championship as my starting SG, so you’d think I’d be high on this pick. Of course, he was good for me because of his value as an UNDRAFTED extra. 4th round for Buddy freaking Hield is a joke!

24kpyrite grabs Jarrett Allen who finally gives him a rebounder. I’ve always said that the best way to build a Curry team is to draft a second point guard and make sure he only has 13 creb%.

With the last pick of the round, dh555 takes Bobby Jones. Considering I stole the idea of overly critical evals from him, I think I need to give him the harshest hot take yet. LeBron basically guarantees you a playoff spot and a chance to win it all. That is unless you also draft a higher usage, less efficient player, especially if that player is only eligible at center with 60D. If that D boost doesn’t come soon, you’re out of the playoffs. Also, The Sixers aren’t making it past the conference finals.

Well that’s the end of the fourth round, but if the three governors who traded out of it thought they’d be spared, think again.

jkaye24, your team is way too expensive for the ODL. Better luck next season.

tarheel1991, Jokic at 12??? 12???

rjk2781, Moses and Wade are too expensive and not nearly efficient enough. Larry Nance Jr. was obviously better for your team than his pops.”

benhoidal turns to a different camera and gives another maniacal chuckle. The studio fades out of our frame and is replaced by the devil dancing atop the show's logo once more. The devil starts to laugh, mimicking the chuckle we just heard. He abruptly thrusts his pitchfork forward at the front of the screen, which shakes quickly, then goes black.
6/5/2021 4:27 PM (edited)
Fifth and Sixth Round
Lights flash on into a studio set where we can see WIS user benhoidal along with Charles Barkley, Shaquille O’Neal, and Kenny Smith sitting behind a large booth with the letters TNT emblazoned in neon upon it. We zoom in on benhoidal who is trying not to nod off.

benhoidal: “Welcome to Inside the WIS NBA. I’m WIS user benhoidal. Ernie Johnson is somehow still off somewhere and even though I declined to come back to host this disgrace of a show, the network forcefully reminded me that I was contractually obligated to do this one last time. Kenny, I’m sure you have something to say right off the bat?”

We zoom in on Kenny Smith who is grinning from ear to ear. Next to him, Charles Barkley and Shaquille O’neal are shaking their heads.

Kenny Smith: “I sure do, ben! These knuckleheads next to me thought I wasn’t getting drafted, but it was only a matter of time. Good ol’ sappy!”

Charles Barkley: “Kenny, you got a pity pick with only three picks left.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “He must have thought you were Josh Smith.”

Kenny Smith hangs his his slightly dejected.

benhoidal: “Remember guys, in the last rounds there really aren’t that many bad picks. Every team has very specific needs at this time and so different players can really be good picks.”

Kenny Smith lifts his head and looks encouraged.

Charles Barkley: “ben, you’re telling me you would have taken Kenny? You think that was a good pick?”

benhoidal: “Well… no.”

Kenny slumps his shoulders.

benhoidal: “Let’s move on. A couple of major storylines from this round. 6theluckyone goes full Big Baller, redbooda continues to misinterpret what a salary cap means, a sixteen minute per game player goes in the fifth round, and 24kpyrite ruins my plans with only two picks remaining in the draft. What do you guys want to start with?”

Kenny Smith: “How about that 6theluckyone? Who does he think he is, LaVar Ball?”

Charles Barkley: “Don’t talk about LaVar Ball. I don’t talk about LaVar Ball. Wherever LaVar Ball is, there’s a village missing their idiot.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Anyone want to hear the new lyrics for my LaVar Ball diss track?”

benhoidal: “Hard pass. Is there anyone who wasn’t drafted that surprises you guys?”

Kenny Smith: “ben, how does no one draft Hakeem the Dream? He would be like Clint Capela on steroids in this league!”

benhoidal: “Clint Capela, really? They have almost zero similarities.”

Kenny Smith: “Look, Hakeem used to say this to me all the time…”

Charles Barkley: “Kenny, bring me some water?”

Kenny Smith: “No, he used to say…”

Charles Barkley: “Kenny, carry my bags?”

Kenny Smith: “No, he would say…”

Charles Barkley: “Kenny, go park the car?”

Kenny Smith: “...”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Where’s Kobe in this league? How did he not go in the first round?”

benhoidal: “Kobe is pretty expensive and too inefficient. He’s actually hardly ever drafted in the ODL.”

Charles Barkley: “What kind of league can this be if Kobe and Hakeem can’t get drafted? Who do you think should have been picked, ben?”

benhoidal: “Well, I was pretty shocked when dh555 passed on Horace Grant in the seventh. Actually, I was pretty surprised when he passed on Horace Grant in the third.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I played with Horace Grant. Great guy, never calls me back.”

benhoidal: “I was also pretty surprised that no one took Alonzo Mourning, Elton Brand, or Kyle Korver. Those are guys who have gone much earlier in the past. Goes to show you how difficult it is to judge the sixth round. Everyone has such different needs at this point that it’s hard to say that any of the guys drafted before them were bad picks.”

Charles Barkley: “Nah, your picks sucked.”

Kenny Smith: “Who’d you take again, ben?”

benhoidal: “Arvydas Sabonis, Andre Iguodala and Jameer Nelson.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I remember playing against Arvydas. They used to call me the Big Deporter because I kept sending all the foreign centers home.”

benhoidal: “Well, before we play our game, let’s make some predictions. Chuck, who do you think is going to win this thing?”

Charles Barkley: “ben, I think you gotta go with furrup here. Excellent first round pick. Established a number one option right away and then grabbed a bunch of guys to pass me the ball.”

benhoidal: “Hmm, you’re actually not even the highest usage player in pharrop’s starting lineup. Jaylen Brown is the number one option on your team.”

Charles Barkley: “Jaylen who? Sounds like our new waterboy.”

benhoidal: “Shaq, who you got?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “ben, I’m going to go with robust. Wish he would have paired me with Kobe or Dwyane Wade, but I really like what he did in this draft, especially with his first round pick.”

benhoidal: “Kenny, let me guess, you’re picking sappy to win it all?”

Kenny Smith: “You know ben, I really wanted to, but I’m actually picking tarheel1991 to get his first ship. Go Heels!”

benhoidal: “tarheel actually already has an ODL championship. He’s a very accomplished governor. In fact, the users who drafted all three of you have won three of the last five championships. And speaking of championships, it’s time for our game this evening… It’s everyone’s favorite nautically named game show, ‘Who’s Got the Ships?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Not Chuck!”

benhoidal: “Here’s how it works, we are going to go six picks at a time, covering the last two rounds. The six players drafted are going to show up on the big board behind you. All you have to do is tell me which player you think has won the most ODL championships. What do you think? Are you guys ready?”

Kenny Smith: “Should be easy, ben.”
Shaquille O’Neal: “Chuck, I bet I beat you!”

Charles Barkley: “You gotta have brains to win this game Shaq.”

benhoidal: “Alright, the first six picks of the fifth round are listed behind you.”

He gestures over to the board and we see the following list:

dh555 - Enes Kanter
24kpyrite - Pascal Siakam
sappy - Serge Ibaka
tau1624 - Robert Covington
redbooda - Bradley Beal
cjok1051 (via NotoriousJ) - Clifford Ray

benhoidal: “Okay guys, out of those players, who’s got the most ships?”

Charles Barkley: “You’re telling me someone from that list has won a championship?”

benhoidal: “I’m telling you someone from that list has won 4 championships?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “How many you got again Chuck? You got four too right? Oh no, that was me who won four. You never even won one!”

benhoidal: “Actually in this league, it’s Charles who has won four ships. You’re the one who hasn’t won any.”

Shaq’s mouth drops open and he mumbles something unintelligible as Charles grins broadly.

benhoidal: “So who you guys got?”

Kenny Smith: “ben, I’m going with Serge Ibaka. Not sure how anyone there has won four ships, but he’s the only one there who can play a little.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I like Siakam.”

Charles Barkley: “I guess I’ll go Bradley Beal. At least he can score. None of these other scrubs can do anything.”

benhoidal: “Alright, Kenny goes with Serge, Shaq takes Pascal, and Charles takes B…”

Shaquille O’Neal: “No, I took Siakam.”

benhoidal: “Yes, Pascal Siakam.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Oh, I didn’t know his first name.”

benhoidal: “Well, it doesn’t matter. The answer is Clifford Ray with four ships.”

Charles Barkley: “Clifford? Like the dog?”

benhoidal: “Clifford Ray most recently won ODL 76 after being selected in the fourth round by pharrop.”

Charles Barkley: “Fairy-up took him? He must be better than I thought.”

benhoidal: It’s time for our next six. Guys, who from the list behind you has won the most ships?”

jhsukow - Mark Price
rjk2781 - Tree Rollins
Midge - Otto Porter
robusk - Jared Vanderbilt
gerryred - Kenneth Faried
tarheel1991 - Mikal Bridges

benhoidal: “This one is actually a tie, between two players who each only have one. You get a point if you guess either player.”

Kenny Smith: “Well this one is obviously Mark Price. I’ve never even heard of four of these guys.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’m going with the big fella. Tree Rollins. Now that’s someone who knew how to score down low.”

Charles Barkley: “Didn’t he bite someone?”

Kenny Smith: “Yes, Danny Ainge!”

Charles Barkley: “Danny Ainge is a friend of mine, but he doesn’t know how to draft any better than these numbskulls. I guess I’ll go with Mark Price too.”

benhoidal: “All three wrong again. The answers were Otto Porter who won in ODL 74 with NotoriousJ, and Kenneth Faried who won in ODL 68 with kinoa1.”

Kenny Smith: “I always thought it was pronounced quinoa, ben?”

benhoidal: “No, and he doesn’t like it when you call him that. Alright, well let’s move on and see if you can get this one. Here’s the next six:”

ashamael - Charlie Ward
pharrop - Robert Williams
jackedjamie - Clyde Drexler
benhoidal - Arvydas Sabonis
thomcat - Jason Terry
NotoriousJ (via cjok1051) - Emeka Okafor

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’ll take Sabonis. They used to call me the Big De…”

Kenny Smith: “Shaq you already made that joke!”

Shaquille O’Neal: “No I didn’t.”

Charles Barkley: “Yes you did. ben, I’m going to take a former teammate of mine. Give me Clyde the Glide.”

Kenny Smith: “You mean a former teammate of mine! You only played with him when you were all washed up. I won a ship with Clyde!”

Charles Barkley: “You mean, you won a ship watching Clyde. You know you just sat on the bench The whole time.”

Kenny Smith: “At least I won one Chuck.”

Charles Barkley: “Apparently I’ve won four!”

Kenny Smith: “Well I’m going with The Glide too.”

benhoidal: “I thought you guys had a chance there, but unfortunately no. While Clyde Drexler has won two ODL titles, the correct answer is actually Charlie Ward. Ward has won three, most recently with myself actually in ODL 59. Sabonis was actually on that team too Shaq, but that’s his only ODL ship. Alright let’s move on to the next six and close out round five! Guys, who’s got the ships?”

albiband0 - Thaddeus Young
6theluckyone - Lonzo Ball
jkaye24 - Nate McMillan
jcred5 - Jamario Moon
copernicus - Myles Turner
ysw128 - Brandon Ingram

Charles Barkley: “No way any of these guys have won a title!”

benhoidal: “Well two of them have. I’m actually surprised these two have only won one each as they are both personal favorites of mine. They both even won their lone ship with me. Remember, just like last time there was a tie you only have to get one of the two to win.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I like Ingram. He needs to get a little stronger, but I think ysw is going to come up with some type of system to keep him on the perimeter anyways.”

benhoidal: “Does that mean he’s your pick?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Mmblvrmb.”

Charles Barkley: “I was going to take Lonzo Ball, but then I remembered he shoots worse from the foul line than Shaq!”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I made them when it counted!”

benhoidal: “No you didn’t.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Yes I did. Look it up!”

benhoidal: “I have. While it’s true that you shot a little better in clutch situations, you still only shot 50%.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Four rings says otherwise!”

benhoidal: “No it doesn’t. Chuck, if you’re not going to take Lonzo Ball, who are you taking?”

Charles Barkley: “I’m taking Theo Young. He’s a veteran. Been around the league forever. He’s gotta have one right?”

benhoidal: “Kenny?”

Kenny Smith: “I don’t know. I guess I’ll go Myles Turner?”

benhoidal: “Wow, I really thought you guys were going to get that one. In fact, you mentioned all four players who have never won. The right answers were Nate McMillan and Jamario Moon.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “You’re just making up names now. Ain’t no one’s mama ever name them Jamario.”

benhoidal: “He was actually a teammate of yours in Cleveland, Shaq.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Never heard of him.”

benhoidal: “Well, we are onto the sixth round. We will keep going six picks at a time which means you three have eight more chances to finally get one right. Here’s the top six:”

ysw128 - Kris Humphries & Cheick Diallo
copernicus - Mason Plumlee & D'Angelo Russell
jcred5 - Norman Powell & Isaiah Stewart

Charles Barkley: “Aren’t there three Plumlees? One of them had to have won once, right?”

Kenny Smith: “I’ll go with D’Angelo Russell. ben, I don’t know if you watched him lately with the Wolves, but he’s been really good.”

benhoidal: “No he hasn’t. Shaq, who are you going with?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’ve never heard of any of these guys. Wait, I didn’t play with any of them did I?”

benhoidal: “No, surprisingly you’ve never played with any of them.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I guess I’ll take the Russell guy too.”

benhoidal: “The correct answer for this one was Kris Humphries who has won three ODL titles, most recently with milest in ODL 62.”

Charles Barkley: “Wasn’t he famous for a minute for marrying that one lady? That marriage was shorter than Kenny!”

Kenny Smith: “Hold on, I don’t remember Kris Humphries being any good? How’d he win three ships?”

benhoidal: “Well, he may have put up empty stats in real life, but those have translated into one pretty good season in the SIM. You might even call it a comeback story. Let’s move on to the next six:”

jkaye24 - Jamaal Tinsley & Ryan Anderson
6theluckyone - Lamelo Ball & Steven Adams
albiband0 - Brent Barry & Gerald Wallace

benhoidal: “There’s actually a four time champion among these guys, who just happened to win a championship during the most recent ODL. Who do you guys think? Who’s got the ships?”

Charles Barkley: “Well ben, I know it ain’t Lamelo Ball. None of them Ball brothers are ever going to win anything.”

benhoidal: Okay, but that leaves you five more choices.”

Charles Barkley: “I’m going to go with a different NBA family. The Barry’s have been around forever. Gimme Brent!”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’m going with the big dog. Steven Adams. He’s got a real big man game. Whenever you take care of the big dog, you let him eat, he’ll take care of you too.”

Kenny Smith: “Gerald Wallace?”

benhoidal: “No again, sorry guys. The correct answer is Jamaal Tinsley. Don’t worry, we still have six more tries. One of you just has to get one of these right. Here’s the next six:”

NotoriousJ (via cjok1051) - Tyreke Evans & Maxi Kleber
thomcat - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander & Jordan Mclaughlin
benhoidal - Andre Iguodala & Jameer Nelson

benhoidal: “Here, for this one, I’ll even give you a hint. There’s two guys here who have won one, and one of them is one of my two players.”

Charles Barkley: “I’ll take Maxi pad.”

benhoidal: “What?”

Kenny Smith: “Did you mean Maxi Kleber?!”

Charles Barkley: “Is that what that says?”

Kenny Smith: “I can’t believe you said maxi pad.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “ben, I’ll take that McLaugher guy.”

Kenny Smith: “You guys are unbelievable. He literally said the answer was one of the two guys he picked. ben, give me Iguodala!”

benhoidal: “Sorry guys. The answers were Tyreke Evans who won ODL 75 with robusk, and Jameer Nelson who won ODL 57 with me. I’m going to start having to give you guys better hints! Let’s look at the next six.”

jackedjamie - Maurice Cheeks & Andrew Bynum
pharrop - Anderson Varejao & Delon Wright
ashamael - JaVale McGee & Kemba Walker

benhoidal: “Alright, there’s three answers this time, all of who have won exactly one ship. You should be able to get this one, just by process of elimination. Can you guys guess who any of them are?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’m going to go with the big fella. The big guy winning ships with Kobe after I left. Andrew Bynum.”

Kenny Smith: “I’ve heard JaVale McGee is pretty good in the SIM. I’ll go with him.”

Charles Barkley: “Kenny you deserve to be on Shaqtin’ a Fool just for mentioning that name. JaVale ain’t never winning a ship.”

benhoidal: “Well, he did in real life.”

Charles Barkley: “ben, I’m changing up my strategy. It’s all these players I’ve never heard of who keep winning. Give me Deron Wright.”

benhoidal: “Delon?”

Charles Barkley: “Whatever his name is.”

benhoidal: “Wow, somehow you all got it wrong again. Literally any of the other three answers would have been correct. We still have four sets left and although the odds tell me there’s no way you all can get through this without a single correct answer, I am starting to think it’s the only possibility. Let’s look at the next six.”

tarheel1991 - Blake Griffin & George Hill
gerryred - JaMychal Green & Nikola Mirotic
tarheel1991 (via robusk) - Nicolas Batum
robusk - Kyle Anderson

benhoidal: “Alright, there’s one three time winner in this set. Can you guys guess who’s won the most ships?”

Charles Barkley: “At this point, I’m just going to pick the player I’ve never heard of.”

Kenny Smith: “That’s probably all of them, huh Chuck?”

Charles Barkley: “No, I know… one of them. The dunker. What’s his name?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Bob Griffin. That’s who I’m taking. What’s he doing still available at the end of the draft?”

Charles Barkley: “I know him, I’m going to take the one with the funny name. The Michael.”

benhoidal: “Who?”

Charles Barkley: “The Michael.”

benhoidal: “JaMychal? JaMychal Green?”

Charles Barkley: “Yes. The Michael.”

Kenny Smith: “I’m going George Hill. The Tarheels always get good guards.”

benhoidal: “That’s tarheel1991, not the North Carolina Tarheels. tarheel1991 did in fact draft the winner of this set, but it’s actually Nicolas Batum who last won in ODL 69 with robusk. Alright guys, there’s only three sets left. You got this. For the next six, two of them have won a ship. Either one gets you the point. Who you got?”

16. Midge - Tyrese Haliburton & Pau Gasol
17. rjk2781 - Rajon Rondo & Roy Tarpley
18. A. jkaye24 - Jonathan Isaac
B. jhsukow - Michael Smith

Charles Barkley: “Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe…”

Kenny Smith: “I’ll go with Rondo. He’s a winner. Won a ship as a rookie, not many guys can say that.”

Charles Barkley: “Catch a tiger by his toe…”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I’ll take that Halliburton fella. I like him.”

Charles Barkley: “I forgot the rest, but I ended up with Jonathan Isaac so I’ll take him.”

benhoidal: “Wow. Shaq I really thought you were going to get that one. One of the answers is Pau Gasol who won in ODL 51 with dh555, and the other is Roy Tarpley who won in ODL 71 with 24kpyrite.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I was going to take Gasol if it wasn’t for Halliburton.”

benhoidal: “Shaq, this is Haliburton’s first time being eligible for a SIM draft. He’s never played in the ODL before.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Mmblvrblm.”

benhoidal: “Alright guys, just two sets left. You can do this. Only one of these six has ever won an ODL championship and he’s got three of them. So tell me, who’s got the ships?”

19. cjok1051 (via NotoriousJ) - J.R. Smith & Jusuf Nurkic
20. redbooda - Derrick Rose & Kristaps Porzingas
21. tau1624 - Tobias Harris & Mark Jackson

Charles Barkley: “Okay ben, I’m going to think on this one.”

benhoidal: “Good idea.”

Charles Barkley: “Derrick Rose wins awards, but not titles.”

benhoidal: “Should never have won any of those awards either, but go on.”

Charles Barkley: “Christopher Colombus is always in street clothes so it can’t be him.”

benhoidal: “Porzingas?”

Charles Barkley: “I have to listen to Mark Jackson do the play by play on ESPN and he clearly doesn’t know basketball, so it’s not him.”

benhoidal: “Very astute.”

Charles Barkley: “J.R. Smith doesn’t know which hoop to shoot for, so he’s out.”

benhoidal: “Might want to rethink that one.”

Charles Barkley: “So that leaves us with two guys. I don’t know who either of them are. Shaq, you want to guess one, and I’ll guess the other?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Are either of them a big guy?”

benhoidal: “Nurkic plays center.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Alright, I’ll take the big fella.”

Charles Barkley: “Then I’ll take the other one, Toby.”

Kenny Smith: “ben, I think it has to be Derrick Rose.”

benhoidal: “The answer here is actually J.R. Smith. He may not know which basket to shoot at Charles, but he’s still an ODL staple. Alright fellas, just one more set of six. You have to get this one right. I’m going to help you out. Let’s take a peak.”

22. sappy - David West & Kenny Smith
23. 24kpyrite - Rodrigue Beaubois & Eric Moreland
24. dh555 - Cameron Payne & Kelly Olynyk

benhoidal: “Okay, so only one of these players have ever won an ODL championship.”

Charles Barkley: “I just know it’s not Kenny!”

benhoidal: “I’m going to give you guys three hints, and you should be able to narrow it down from there. The first hint is that this person’s name is not a direction. The second hint is that dh555 did not draft this person. And the third hint is that the MORE you look at the board behind you, the MORE it will become clear. Alright guys, who’s got the ship?”

Charles Barkley: “Maybe it is Kenny?”

benhoidal: “You can’t be serious.”

Charles Barkley: “Hear me out, ben. The more I look at the board, the only thing becoming clearer is the reflection of his bald head!”

Kenny Smith: “Oh come on guys, the answer is clearly Rodrigue Beaubois. Just pay attention to the clues. Everyone else was eliminated.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “David West?”

benhoidal: “You guys are unbelievable. No, the answer was Eric Moreland. You guys somehow went through 12 sets of six and not one of you could get a single one right. Well folks, that was ‘Who’s got the ships?’ Hopefully that’s the last you will ever see of me on ‘Inside the WIS NBA.’ Good night.”

As the show’s theme music begins to play and the camera starts to pan out, we hear Charles Barkley say, “Wait, I think I figured it out! It’s Kelly Olynyk!"
6/12/2021 3:38 PM (edited)
User Avg. Wins O/U Lock? Prediction
24kpyrite 43.5 O 47
6theluckyone 31.5 O X 37
albiband0 41.5 O 42
ashamael 48.5 U 48
benhoidal 52.5 O X 57
cjok1051 39.5 U 36
copernicus 41.5 O 42
d555 44.5 O 46
gerryred 41 U 39
jackedjamie 45.5 O 49
jcred5 44.5 U 44
jhsukow 37.5 O X 49
jkaye24 44.5 O X 53
Midge 43.5 U 42
NotoriousJ 39.5 U 38
pharrop 47 U 45
redbooda 19 U 18
rjk2781 41.5 U X 24
robusk 51.5 O 52
sappy 34.5 U 31
tarheel1991 46.5 U 46
tau1624 42.5 U X 26
thomcat 36.5 O 38
ysw128 41.5 U 36

East
1. benhoidal
2. jkaye24
3. jhsukow
4. dh555
5. albiband0
6. Midge

West
1. robusk
2. ashamael
3. jackedjamie
4. 24kpyrite
5. tarheel1991
6. pharrop

1st Round
jhsukow over Midge in 5
dh555 over albiband0 in 5
jackedjamie over pharrop in 7
24kpyrite over tarheel in 7

2nd Round
benhoidal over dh555 in 5
jkaye24 over jhsukow in 7
robusk over 24kpyrite in 5
jackedjamie over ashamael in 6

Conference Finals
jkaye24 over benhoidal in 6
robusk over jackedjamie in 7

Finals
robusk over jkaye24 in 7
6/17/2021 12:59 PM (edited)
x
5/18/2021 8:55 PM
x
x
x
x
x
x
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
ODL 80 Evaluations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.