DH $52M Draft League LXIII discussion Topic

Welp… John Stockton, discuss
12/14/2018 3:35 PM
What can I tell you Copernicus, I love Stockton!
12/14/2018 3:41 PM
Then I took DH up on his trade offer, hoping that Moses would fall to me.
Arrghh he did not! Still hope I can make it work with Duncan and Stockton.
12/14/2018 3:44 PM
TEAM ROSTERS
  1. longtallbrad – Wilt Chamberlain, Anfernee Hardaway, Mookie Blaylock, Gerald Wallace, Carlos Boozer, Jeremy Lin, Greg Monroe
  2. copernicus – Lebron James, Bob McAdoo, Bill Russell, Clyde Drexler, Charlie Ward, Antonio McDyess, Roy Tarpley
  3. sixernuggets – John Stockton, Tim Duncan, Tracy McGrady, Mel Daniels, A.C. Green, Rick Barry, Jon Barry
  4. sappy – Stephen Curry, Andre Drummond, Bill Walton, Bo Outlaw, Jrue Holiday, Robert Covington, John Henson
  5. vancem – Michael Jordan, Shawn Marion, Patrick Ewing, Maurice Cheeks, Andrew Bogut, Clifford Ray, Rodrigue Beaubois
  6. jhsukow – Dennis Rodman, Kawhi Leonard, Al Horford, Russell Westbrook, Anthony Mason, Damian Lillard, Ryan Anderson
  7. beachhouse – Shaquille O’Neal, Kobe Bryant, Gary Payton, Kevin Love, Jose Calderon, Kris Humphries, Charlie Edge
  8. samuelyork93 – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Elton Brand, Tyson Chandler, Paul George, Walt Frazier, Jamaal Tinsley, Ed Davis
  9. bds9992 – Dwight Howard, Chauncey Billups, Dikembe Mutombo, Chris Mullin, Paul Silas, Enes Kanter, Tobias Harris
  10. jcred5 – Karl Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon, Terry Porter, Mike Conley, Kenneth Faried, Tyreke Evans, David Lee
  11. gerryred – Chris Paul, Karl-Anthony Towns, Bobby Jones, Buck Williams, Mark Price, Marvin Williams, Ray Allen
  12. maglor1 – David Robinson, Julius Erving, Brent Barry, Andrei Kirilenko, Wes Unseld, Delon Wright, Keith Jennings
  13. ysw128 – Moses Malone, Steve Nash, Klay Thompson, Derek Harper, Tom Boerwinkle, Mason Plumlee, Nate McMillan
  14. pennsylvania – Artis Gilmore, Horace Grant, Nate Archibald, Danny Green, Shane Battier, Zelmo Beaty, Cedric Maxwell
  15. dh555 – Donyell Marshall, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, Manu Ginobili, Jerry Lucas, Arvydas Sabonis, J.R. Smith
  16. cjok1051 – Anthony Davis, Hassan Whiteside, Deron Williams, Kyle Lowry, Kyle Korver, Jamario Moon, Willis Reed
  17. 24kpyrite – Kevin Durant, Jason Kidd, Alonzo Mourning, Otto Porter, Andrew Bynum, David West, Kevon Looney
  18. mikee1 – DeAndre Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Amare Stoudemire, Marques Johnson, Chris Webber, Kirk Hinrich, Eric Bledsoe
  19. uptowngbv – James Harden, Marcus Camby, Shawn Kemp, Serge Ibaka, Terrell Webber, Goran Dragic, Emeka Okafor
  20. midge – Rudy Gobert, Kevin McHale, Kevin Johnson, Larry Nance, Jerry West, Demarcus Cousins, Jameer Nelson
  21. 6theluckyone – Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Joakim Noah, Robert Parish, Wesley Person, Andre Iguodala, Chris Andersen
  22. dBKC – Charles Barkley, Draymond Green, Victor Oladipo, Clint Capela, Rajon Rondo, Montrezl Harrell, JaVale McGee
  23. hoopsdude – Dwyane Wade, Ben Wallace, Kyrie Irving, Pau Gasol, Jonas Valanciunas, Jaylen Brown, Steve Kerr
  24. amerk1180 – Giannis Antetonkounmpo, Kevin Garnett, Oscar Robertson, Nikola Jokic, Jayson Tatum, Darren Collison, John Collins
12/24/2018 7:41 PM (edited)
Posted by sixernuggets on 12/14/2018 3:44:00 PM (view original):
I've definitely never seen Stockton drafted anywhere near that high. Methinks you could have taken Moses at 3 and had a decent chance of Stockton falling to you at dh's pick...but, you know what they say about hindsight.

So, quite a reach. Still, for those of us long-time players in this league there comes a time where you just want to play and experiment, go with your favorites, try out whimsical combinations. I'm all for it.
12/14/2018 4:16 PM
Anthony Davis (17-18) drafted in the 1st Round. Am I stupid?
12/14/2018 4:32 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 12/14/2018 4:16:00 PM (view original):
I've definitely never seen Stockton drafted anywhere near that high. Methinks you could have taken Moses at 3 and had a decent chance of Stockton falling to you at dh's pick...but, you know what they say about hindsight.

So, quite a reach. Still, for those of us long-time players in this league there comes a time where you just want to play and experiment, go with your favorites, try out whimsical combinations. I'm all for it.
I hear you Brad, and you are probably right.
I guess the combo of Moses falling further
down the first round the last few season's,
and not wanting to lose Stockton made me
do it. I got pretty close. It's a shame Moses
is not going as high as he used to.
12/14/2018 4:40 PM
Posted by cjok1051 on 12/14/2018 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Stupid, definitely not. Needing to prioritize rebounds the rest of the way, yes.
12/14/2018 4:42 PM
No. Some of my "value" calculations had him in top 10. My "values" are often wrong, but those with high "values" usually are someone that will significantly help a team win without making them lose much.
12/14/2018 4:53 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 12/14/2018 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Stupid, definitely not. Needing to prioritize rebounds the rest of the way, yes.
Also, like Bird and a few others, he's arguably light on FTA's given his usage.
12/14/2018 4:55 PM
I have this thing where I suspect high usage with not that many FTAs is actually a neutral or even ok thing because FTAs figure into the IRL/baseline usage equation and the sim just isn't going to give them to you so that high usage/high FTA guy wont effectively be as high usage in the sim as he looks on paper and so here comes some individual penalties - call it a theory
12/14/2018 5:20 PM (edited)
Posted by sixernuggets on 12/14/2018 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by longtallbrad on 12/14/2018 4:16:00 PM (view original):

I hear you Brad, and you are probably right.
I guess the combo of Moses falling further
down the first round the last few season's,
and not wanting to lose Stockton made me
do it. I got pretty close. It's a shame Moses
is not going as high as he used to.
your scansion is completely off and the enjambment scheme makes zero sense to me - I do see some internal rhyme and alliteration fwiw
12/14/2018 5:18 PM
just putting this out there...

there are two players you all know ive been waiting months to use in this league...if anyone takes them before picks #46 and #51 im gonna lose my sh!t...not saying ill up and quit this season(i wont) but its highly likely ill be too ****** off to run this league again going forward

neither player are worth being picked before #51...youre not missing out...let me have my fun please
12/14/2018 6:55 PM
Posted by dh555 on 12/14/2018 6:55:00 PM (view original):
just putting this out there...

there are two players you all know ive been waiting months to use in this league...if anyone takes them before picks #46 and #51 im gonna lose my sh!t...not saying ill up and quit this season(i wont) but its highly likely ill be too ****** off to run this league again going forward

neither player are worth being picked before #51...youre not missing out...let me have my fun please
You are jonesing bad, good buddy. I assume I know who you're talking about. May you have much joy.
12/14/2018 7:06 PM
Who am I to steal your joy? You reach, I try to eke out 55 wins. Everyone's a winner.
12/14/2018 7:09 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League LXIII discussion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.