I have tried using what can be called handcuffs on my teams.  For example, I'm using 2004-05 Shaq on one of my teams now.  That season, Shaq played 73 games and averaged 34.3 MPG.  I drafted 1969-70 Wilt as his handcuff.  That year, Wilt played in 12 games while averaging 42.1 MPG.  I intend to rest Shaq for 9 games while playing Wilt 42.1 MPG in those 9 games.

Well, the 1st time I did that, Wilt shot something like 9 for 27 with 8 turnovers in 43 minutes, though he did snag 20 rebounds.  I guess what I'm asking is can I expect more of the same from Wilt in his other 8 starts or should I consider that game an anomaly?
12/23/2015 9:07 PM
based on my own experiments with "starters with shortened seasons", as well as discussions with WIS, I would expect more of the same.
I saw shooting percentages cut in half or more.   

in particular, the current WIS model would cause penalties if one tried to "replay" a given season by resting/minute allocation in the coach options.
12/23/2015 9:14 PM
So, every time you play Wilt significantly more than his min/82 he goes into the individual usage penalty. There is more on this in the Sim FAQ, but basically it's a very poor strategy in the Sim that will not work. Sounds good in theory, but it would be better for your team to play Wilt 5 or 6 minutes in every game instead of giving him extended minutes in a few.
12/24/2015 9:54 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.