Kinda off to a slow start as usual.  Try to be ready and check your SM's guys
10/18/2015 1:46 AM
I have been volunteered to do eval so here it goes:
WEST DIVISION:
jethroeg: Good offense with Ewing,Cummings,Theus,Short and Person
Defense average with only Ewing and Michael Ray Richardson
Ball handling good with MRR and Theus
Rebounding below average none of the big guys are board lords
carbonjones; with Sikma,Scott and Lever offense is average might have shooting percentage problems
Defense is above average with Sikma,Lever,kermit,michael Cooper,west and Shelton
Ball handling by committee may work will have to work with no point guard unless you take lever best passing season
Rebounding pretty good with Sikma,Washington and Lever
smokey57: Offense is very good with Worthy,Berry,Archibald,Williams and Pierce
Defense average with no legit center
Ball Handling ok wiyh Oakley and Archibald
Rebounding: slightly above average with Buck and Oakley still need a legit center
10/29/2015 2:06 PM
roadhouse19: Offense is good with Dantley and Wikins those two alone will reak havoc
Defense is average with only one shot blocker in Cooper and Don Buse
Ball handling good depth thanks to Unseld,Buse,Strickland and a l;ittle Dantley
Rebounding average with Unseld having to carry the load Mahorn is too busy hitting people to grab a rebound
98average: Offense has good balance may be a little short on oomph
Defense is above average with the man Cheeks and Green and Benjamin
Ball handling a little above average thanks to Cheeks,Harper and Lanier
Rebounding: offensive rebounding a little light with some help from Benjamin and Gminski
skypilot Offense is well above average with Olajuwon,Kevin Johnson,John Williams,Alvan Adams and Darwin Cook
Defense is average with only Hakeem holding down the fort(old guy phrase chill)
Ball handling above average led by Johnson,Williams,Adams and Cook
Rebounding average with once again Hakeem being the only legit boardlord
Hmmm average Def and Rebs this team might rally suck!!!!!!
10/29/2015 2:36 PM
Here's an eval for you... my team will stink!  Alex English and Mark Eaton at my top too.  I may have over-reacted to having Moses, Kareem and McHale in my division.
10/29/2015 2:47 PM
Midwest Division

rubnsly: Offense cant go wrong with heavy weights: Jabbar and Westphal with some Floyd and Griffth thrown in
Defense a little below average with only Jabbar and Tyler
Ball handling good with Westphal,Jabbar and Floyd
Rebounding average with a litte light on offensive boards
uptowngbv: Offense is very good led by Moses,Price,Dumars and Blackman
Defense is ok thanks to Donaldson and Bailey and Dumars Moses is not as good as his numbers would suggest
Ball handling comes out below average thanks to "stone fingers" Malone
Rebounding Moses is thee boardlord with some help from Donaldson and Kelser
milest: Offense not bad with Bird and Pressey with a little help from Lloyd and Otis
Defense not bad also thanks to Bird,Pressey,Caldwell and Lister
Ball handling is above average thanks to Bird and Pressey and a little Fleming
Rebounding good def boards but not that great on the offensive boards
10/29/2015 3:05 PM
jcred5: Offense is not bad with heavyweights English and Walter Davis
Defense also not bad thanks to Eaton and Mcmillan
Ball Handling above average thanks to English,Mcmillan and Davis
Rebounding is a little short no board lords
amerk1180: Offense very good McHale,Sampson,Ellis,Moore and Kellog make for great depth on offense
Defense is a little below average with only McHale and Sampson to hold down the fort
Ball Handling average at best only Moore can pass
Rebounding is average with Larry Smith who is a true board lord keeping rebounding above water
hardended Offense is slightly above average thanks to Aguirre
Defense? whats defense?
Ball Handling not bad with Mark Jackson and Danny Ainge
Rebounding is above average with THEE boardlord Rodman and also Willis
PREDICTIONS WESTERN CONF.
West Div. Midwest Div.
jethroeg uptowngbv
roadhouse rubnsly
smokey57 jcred5
carbonjones milest
98 average hardened
skypilot amerk1180

11/3/2015 5:38 PM (edited)
My team's gonna suck! 
10/30/2015 12:34 AM
My team looks pretty decent, but it looks like I might have a TO problem.
10/30/2015 9:11 PM
Ut;s the 80's milest.  Everyone's gonna have a TO problem lol.  And a defense problem, and a fouls problem lol.
11/1/2015 1:04 AM
Eastern Conf
Atlantic Division

CMAC- The Magic Johnson pick is great..he brings the whole package @ PG. Marques Johnson also a solid selection..both bring def70's. After the first two pick this teams defense is below average for the DDL. Laimbeer and Thompson are boardlords..and this team has solid rebound across the whole team. The Woolridge and. Corzine pick add more high efg scoring. eFg is good to really good. Mac has to dig up some more dimes..Magic can't do it all by himself. Defense is the major weakness I see with this team. Hopefully strong boards and efg will carry this team..we'll see.

Skypilot "Dr Who" - Gilmore is always a solid 1st round pick..paired with Roundfield and you've got a great start on the glass with decent shooting and "D". Add Gus Williams Quinn Buckner and Jerome Kersey and I start to see a problem..too many starters with efg in the 49-50% range. I most leagues not too bad..but in the 80's these guys shoot out the lights...overall the efficiency of the team may be borderline. This is made a bit worst by the relative low ast%. Hopefully the better than average defense will help. I can see how this team may struggle...

jpeterso- 21 Jump Steet: Alvin Robertson a great player but a surprise..a sneek on the offensive glass..a world class thief..shoots well and excellent 'D'. Tree Rollins a def99 boardlord good choice and Chris Mullens a Scoring machine. Smits..Issel and Hinson all are solid offense..but not quite boardlords. This team may not fsir well wrt position matchups on the glass. John Lucas @ around 250% ast is the only player really over 200% ast..this may a tough group to get +25 apg. The overall shooting is pretty good..but low assist and less the average boards maybe too much to over come for the Jump street crew...

11/2/2015 12:17 AM (edited)
West looks interesting so I'll evaluate them.

Jethroeg-  Patrick Ewing, Michael Ray Richardson, Terry Cummings, Reggie Theus, Purvis Short, Darryl Dawkins, Chuck Person, Andrew Toney, Elvin Hayes, Phil Ford, 

Patrick at 15 is a pretty decent pick and although fouls are alleady becoming an issue, Michael Ray complements him well.  Cummings adds more offense but maybe a top notch rebounder would have better served Ewing.  Theus needs the ball in his hands so I'm not sure about his pairing with MR oin the backcourt. Short is another guy is is essential ly a scorer. Too much usage on this team  and  D falls short after Patrick and Michael Ray.  The bench offers pretty much the same skill set.  If  Elvin can provide a bunch of minutes or maybe even move Cummings over the SF, this team might be more competetive. Look doe the short end of a lot of high scoring games.

carbonjones:  Jack Sikma, Fat Lever, Kermit Washington, Michael Cooper, Byron Scott, Mark West, Lonnie Shelton, Jawann Oldham, Vinnie Johnson, Spud Webb, Marvin Barnes, Pete Maravich

At 24, Sikma is  decent if not spectacular all-around center with some reasonable D.  Lever is a tough, strong rebounding PG who doesn't turn the ball over  

and distributes pretty well.  Kermit will help with the ORBs and brings some modest though efficient scoring as well as good D.  Cooper is an elite defender who brings some 3s.  Byron scott is an efficient SG who brings more 3's and will not hurt you on D.  The bench offers more good rebounding and D and I like Sopud coming off the bench. This is a good workman-like team. if you need some spark and pizzazz, Pistol can always come off the bench.    

smokey57 :China Beach":  Buck Williams, Charles Oakley, James Worthy, Walter Berry, Nate Archibald, James Bailey, Ricky Pierve, Bob McAdoo, Freddie Brown, Sonny Parker, Johnny Dawkins, Steve Colter

Amazingly, thsi team did not draft a true center until the 8th round.  An aging and limited McAdoo wil need a lot of help from Buck amd Oakley in all phases. Nice late picks, but not sure if there is enough inside scoring on a team that looks like it will be trying to draw defenses out to protect against Pierce, Brown, et al  from the outside. Interesting experiment and I may be wrong, but don't see it working too well in this league. 

roadhouse19 "Moonlighting":  Adrian Dantley, Dominique Wilkins, Wes Unseld, Rick Mahorn, Don Buse, Wayne Cooper, Rod Strickland, Bob Dandridge, Keith Edmonson, Chris Dudley

Dantley and Wilkins provide prolific offense and Unseld will control the boards. The D will come from Mahorn, Buse and Cooper. Wilkins is a nice pick in the second round and is a complete player although his effiency is a bit on the low side. Dantley offsets Wilkins marginal efg% while Wilkins covers for Dantley lack of defense.  Everybody's got their job and we'll see how this blends together. The more I think about this team, the better I like.  

98average:  Mo Cheeks, Derek Harper, AC Green, Bob Lanier, Benoit Benjamin, Mike Gminski, Brad Davis, James Edwards, Billy Knight, Toby Knight, Leroy Combs, Terry Furlow   

Cheeks and Harper combine for a  top notch 1-2 who contribute  every aspect  of what we look for in the backcourt.  Lanier, Benjamin, Gminski and A.C. take on the 4-5 spots. lanier will have the responsibiloity for most of the scoring from this group and they all provide at least respectful  D. Opponents will not get to the foul line very much against this unit. The bench will provide some pretty efficient scoring for this well constructed team.

skypilot "Starblazers":  Hakeem Olajuwon, Kevin Johnson, Xavier McDaniel, John Williams, Alvan Adams, Darwin Cook, Dave Robisch, John Bagley, George McGiness, Don Collins, Kevin Kunnert, Pat Cummings 

At 8,  seems like Olajuwon went late but he's got that rep in the odl and 52 that is tough to overcome. Superior D, great bounding  and reasonably good efficiency get this team off to a good start.  KJ pours in the assists which makes this a very good offensive combo. Xavier is a SF version of Olajuwon less the top D and fits in well. Not sure where John williams fits in but Alvin Adams gives  a nice balance of offense/defense.  Ther bench contributes in evry area and the more playing time Darwin Cook gets, the better this team w
ill be. 
11/1/2015 4:44 PM
Unfortunately, I just realized skypilot did the same division. Oh well.
11/1/2015 5:03 PM
i'll do my own evaluation--we will suck.
11/1/2015 5:42 PM
Posted by jpeterso on 11/1/2015 5:42:00 PM (view original):
i'll do my own evaluation--we will suck.
jpeterso "21 Jump St":  Alvin Robertson, Tree Rollins, Chris Mullin, Dan Issel, Roy Hinson, John Lucas, Derrick McKey, Rik Smits, Ed Pinckney, Jeff Hornacek, Ben Poquette, Mike Gale

Alvin Robertson does everything from the SG spot both offensively and defensively although he tends to foul.  Tree gives around 30 minutes of great D and good rebounding. Although not his most efficient season, Mullin is a scoring machine who provides pretty good D. Issel will also provide some offense but is marginal defender and mediocre rebounder for his postion. Rollins should be a good cover  or him on D.  Hinson is a tough PF whp provides good D and some pretty efficient points but is a little light on rebounding for his position. Assists are need so I'm thinking Lucas will start at PG and either Hinson or Mullin will come off the bench. Either way, rebounding may be an issue and this team will foul a good deal more than it gets to the line. The generally good D and a pretty strong bench will keep this team in games. They don't suck.   

11/1/2015 6:15 PM
My defense is solid I think but the rest of my team welllllllll lol
11/1/2015 9:54 PM
DDL 11 Commentary (Evals?) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.