I was planning on starting a forum to tell everyone about this, but bds beat me to it, so I will add my part now concerning the passing of All3 (John).

Crieigel and I have known all3 a long time. I have known him for almost 45 years and creigel has known him even longer. All3 got creigel and I to join WIS in SIM basketball almost 19 years ago. He has always been good at getting our group of friends together to do things to stay connected and he got us involved in this. All3 and creigel stayed with it together for all of those 19 years, however, I fell out of the SIM basketball after about 10 years as life was too demanding - at that time I was known as "sweg" in the SIM. About 3 years ago all3 coerced me to rejoin him and criegel in the SIM bball as something to do with friends (life had calmed some for me so I was back in and I couldn't reactivate sweg, so I am now HDS1).

It was with a heavy heart that creigel and I watched him battle - and battle he did - against cancer for the last 2+ years. His faith was inspiring and his insistence that his life was in God's hands so he would be fine, held firm until the end. Cancer was never a burden to anyone in his life, and as far as he let us know, it was not even a burden to him. Life is not about what you do, as much as it is about who you do it with - and we loved our time with him. Creigel and I discussed that maybe we should stop doing the SIM bball as I am not sure my heart is in it. But we concluded that maybe it is one very small way we can remember John and keep his spirit alive, so we are staying.

The SIM has lost a good participant, a spirited competitor, and someone who through all of his "discussions" (sometimes controversial and maybe even confrontational) always meant well and wished everyone the best. Creigel and I have lost a dear, old friend who will be missed terribly and the world has lost a great man of true faith, spirit, and generosity. If you are so inclined, please say a prayer for All3 (John) and his family.
10/8/2021 1:49 PM (edited)
Thanks for sharing. 45 years of friendship is amazing. I'm really sorry for your loss, HDS1.
10/8/2021 2:12 PM
Sorry for your loss HDS1, my thoughts and prayers out to his friends and family
10/8/2021 2:21 PM
thank you for this sweg - no idea that was you - all3 was a WIS OG and a good guy
10/8/2021 5:27 PM
sorry for your loss HDS1 and creigel as well. I'll keep you in my prayers. I always thought the moniker all3 had a religious overtone. Father, Son & Holy Spirit
Just my take I could be wrong.
His faith has taken him or gathered him up into the very presence of God. May his spirit grant you some comfort in your time of mourning.
10/8/2021 7:22 PM
Well written tribute to a good man ...
10/9/2021 9:50 AM
Thanks for sharing this news. Wow. He definitely was one of the most kind and generous souls who welcomed me to this site, naturally shared what he knew, warmly encouraged me, and fostered a spirit of collegiality, fairness, and good humor. Blessings to those he leaves behind.
10/10/2021 4:47 PM
A good man. Deepest Condolences. RIP
10/10/2021 11:53 PM
TERRIBLE NEWS!!!

All3 was one of my favorite guys on WIS... loved being in leagues with him...
we sitemailed a good deal about leagues and players, and general WIS subjects...

I especially liked his Alumni theme -
and thoroughly enjoyed giving him grief about his beloved Notre Dame Fighting Irish -
and especially Kelly Tripucka's overbite, etc....
and I'll miss him giving me a hard time about my Kentucky Wildcats ...

I was surprised All3 left our Class Acion Progressive league before our most recent draft...
and now it makes sense...

He will DEFiNITELY be missed here...
R.I.P.

10/11/2021 10:13 PM
Sorry for your loss HDS, and for the loss of a great SIM competitor (and apparently a great guy too).
10/13/2021 9:11 AM
awful news....sorry for your loss hds
10/13/2021 5:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss HDS1. I always admired all3. He was a great competitor and always treated others with respect. He was a first class man all the way. Thanks for sharing about him, and his faith, and his positive attitude during the fight against cancer. It sure helps me put some things in perspective moving forward. RIP all3.
11/4/2021 12:04 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.