$52 Million Commentary Thread Topic

Great evals dh! You pretty much nailed my though processes. I knew I'd get ripped for Westbrook, but I'm trying a new tack, by trying to avoid any usage penalties when I go to my bench. Wotj Rpd,am/Parish Oreb%, I figured this would be the perfect chance to take a Westbrook as my 6th/7th man (along with Troy Murphy). Since Murph's usg is only 17, I wanted that "instant offense" off my bench, and Westbrook is outstanding at reb for a guard, and 31% asst. His defense is solid too. Sure, he may shoot me out of some games, but I'm hoping he gives me a good stat line other than that off the bench.

As for Daniels, I wanted solid play and at least 20% asst. I considered Dumars/Hornacek, but their asst % was just a lil low for my liking. Daniels will start at SG, Westbrook off the bench.Overall, I've got Oreb covered with Worm and Parish, and Dreb covered with Murph and the other two. I should get enough assists with Payton/Daniels/Westbrook, and shooting % covered with Amare. 3's might be a lil weak though, but used Glove's 30+ perimeter year and Danuels is ok at 3;s, as is Murph. I dunno, we'll see, but it's an interesting team.
3/25/2016 5:57 PM
Posted by dh555 on 3/25/2016 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Predictions

Atlantic
cjok1051*
uptowngbv*
longtallbrad*
hoopsdude
samuelyork93
maglor1

Central
mikee1*
vancem*
eleibowitz*
copernicus
jcred5
jhsukow

Midwest
slymonium*
jt7king*
carbonjones*
sixernuggets
jkaye24
banditone

Pacific
dh555*
thomcat*
milest*
amerk1180
pennsylvania
ysw128

the east looks a lot stronger to me....i think the central is far and away the best division, with the midwest being the weakest

honestly no team really stood out as a favorite to me...i think ill just take the whole central...one of those teams will win it all
No way I'm lower than third in MW. Good luck all.
3/25/2016 7:15 PM
I believe that the biggest key to my teams success has been overlooked. . . the offensive rebounding up front. Horace Grant and Leon Powe are excellent offensive rebounders at SF. Gilmore at 42 MPG and Gadzic for 21 MPG are very good offensive rebounders at center and PF.
3/26/2016 12:40 AM
Posted by vancem on 3/26/2016 12:40:00 AM (view original):
I believe that the biggest key to my teams success has been overlooked. . . the offensive rebounding up front. Horace Grant and Leon Powe are excellent offensive rebounders at SF. Gilmore at 42 MPG and Gadzic for 21 MPG are very good offensive rebounders at center and PF.
Nice SF combo and overall team... I had your team ranked at 19 at one point.. Ended up submitting you at 16 (I think), and was regretting it immediately... I'm glad you aren't in my division.. But.. then again- my division draft accuracy last season was pretty awful...
3/26/2016 1:08 AM
I've always used guys 97% or better (depending on usage and other things to a lesser extent) out of position in the past with pretty good success.. But I tried to avoid it in this draft. My team and another used Anthony Davis at the 3 in the 21st century league and he shot 46% for both of us, despite having a nice team around him. I also had Bird at the 2 and Ho Grant at the 3 in a league fairly recently, I dominated the boards and won my division with 60 wins, but both shot worse than expected and Bird sh1t himself in the playoffs. I had Ho Grant at the 3 in the SSDL and his FG% was was a littler lower than it should have been (but that has happened a 1000 times with guys 100% I'm sure- just saying)... I used the 98%PF Parish in a league and was disappointed... Anyway, other than the examples- I've noticed a 'more than expected' drop off in guys with 97-99% position ratings. I'll keep an eye on how they perform for other teams in this league this season. The fact that Anthony Davis shot 46% for 2 teams in the 21st century draft was a big factor in me avoiding out of position guys for at least this season
3/26/2016 1:46 AM (edited)
Thanks DH.. Yea Sly kind of threw me off drafting AK47. So chose Ibaka instead and the run on scoring PG made my Webber pick. But it put me in a situation were I had too many fouls. So I really needed a low foul PG who could still play so D. Not many options there.. Iggy was really the only one that fit. Sacrificed assists a little but still have 64% in my starting line up.

So picking 24th was all about Horford lol. Very clean back up scorer with some D was needed
3/26/2016 10:21 AM
Posted by eleibowitz on 3/26/2016 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Thanks DH.. Yea Sly kind of threw me off drafting AK47. So chose Ibaka instead and the run on scoring PG made my Webber pick. But it put me in a situation were I had too many fouls. So I really needed a low foul PG who could still play so D. Not many options there.. Iggy was really the only one that fit. Sacrificed assists a little but still have 64% in my starting line up.

So picking 24th was all about Horford lol. Very clean back up scorer with some D was needed
i actually checked...youve taken horford 4 out of the last 5 times in this league...like i said...greedy bastard! haha
3/27/2016 7:31 PM
Posted by dh555 on 3/27/2016 7:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by eleibowitz on 3/26/2016 10:21:00 AM (view original):

i actually checked...youve taken horford 4 out of the last 5 times in this league...like i said...greedy bastard! haha
Lol yeah well..
3/28/2016 6:59 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
$52 Million Commentary Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.