DH $52M Draft League LII Evaluations Topic

Posted by milest on 1/12/2016 9:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jt7king on 1/12/2016 9:14:00 PM (view original):
I'm not complaining but how does it work? I had cj ranked as highest, dh didn't. How did he end up in my division?
I don't understand either. I had LTB ranked 'better' than anyone else had him ranked, yet he is in my division. That really doesn't make sense.
Jkaye in DH's division is strange as well. Looks like he should be in JT's division. I'm happy with what I have, although I ranked LTB's team as I did bc I feel like he is a difficult matchup for my team
1/12/2016 9:39 PM
in snake order, each drafting owner receives the highest ranked owner on their lists....not sure if scud did it correctly...havent checked it

doesnt matter anyway tho...i forgot to tell him the draft order(based on last seasons win total)

which was supposed to be....

dh555
jt7king
milest
uptowngbv

1/12/2016 9:43 PM
here are the divisions....

atlantic
- dh555 - banditone - jcred5 - vancem - mikee1 - longtallbrad

midwest - jt7king - jhsukow - hoopsdude - jkaye24 - amerk1180 - slymonium

atlantic - milest - ysw128 - pennsylvania - sixernuggets - copernicus - eleibowitz

central -  uptowngbv - thomcat - samuelyork93 - 98average - scudmissle - cjok1051
1/12/2016 9:54 PM
Cool, that's what I got.
1/12/2016 10:00 PM
Seems like a conspiracy... I land in a division with a lot of front court loaded teams...
1/12/2016 11:11 PM
I wish we could have seen the full rosters before ranking the teams. Eleibowitz adding Weatherspoon is huge... And at least one team looks a lot worse than anticipated.
1/13/2016 1:33 AM
divisional assignments were based on dh drafting 1st, so i picked his no. 1, then jt7king's next easiest opponent listed on his list, then miles, then uptown's. i followed the lists closely (though most were quite similar). i did not do a snake style since there are only 4 owners. i wasn't aware of who supposed to go first, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (that was my fault, should have caught that one and smailed dh for the results.

i'm sure there will be unhappy campers, but i did the draft as fair as i could, and followed closely the lists provided. apologies to those who are feeling a bit jaded.
1/13/2016 6:41 AM
Posted by scudmissle on 1/13/2016 6:41:00 AM (view original):
divisional assignments were based on dh drafting 1st, so i picked his no. 1, then jt7king's next easiest opponent listed on his list, then miles, then uptown's. i followed the lists closely (though most were quite similar). i did not do a snake style since there are only 4 owners. i wasn't aware of who supposed to go first, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (that was my fault, should have caught that one and smailed dh for the results.

i'm sure there will be unhappy campers, but i did the draft as fair as i could, and followed closely the lists provided. apologies to those who are feeling a bit jaded.
I meant no disrespect and didn't think you were "screwing" anyone. I was just curious how you did it.
1/13/2016 10:41 AM
It's all good, scud. Thanks for your work.
1/13/2016 12:16 PM
Is it possible to discuss doing division drafts after the full rosters are set? I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I would have ranked Cjok's team A LOT lower (worse) and Elibowitz's team A LOT higher (better). If Cjok would have used the 17 ast% Gasol, the 22 ast% MJ and the right Lebron & Rondo- he could have seen an efg% boost due to an ast% over 100... This was why I had him ranked where I did.. I wanted no parts of that.. Without the boost and with picking the wrong Lebron- his team is not as scary. Since he didn't go with the boost- My earlier criticism of the Gasol pick is valid to say the least. If I were him and made the decision not to go with the ast% boost, I would have gone with the 28 min/game Gasol and better rebounders to fill the remaining 20 mins. It would have been the best fit... Also, now that we are allowed to use higher priced players in the 8-12, it is harder to predict what a team may look like.. The Weatherspoon addition to Eleibowitz's squad was extremely valuable and made his already good team even better... I may not ever finish in the top 4 again and may never have to worry about it.... Mainly, I'm upset with myself for not going with my gut and ranking Cjok lower.. But, Like I said- I was scared of the potential efg boost due to the high ast%. There was the potential for a starting 5 with 110 ast%. Instead he has 89%. Not bad- but not gonna see a big boost if one at all... The slightly worse (on paper) efg% of the high ast lineup would have actually ended up being a lot better in the SIM with the boost.
1/14/2016 3:19 PM (edited)
Posted by milest on 1/14/2016 3:19:00 PM (view original):
Is it possible to discuss doing division drafts after the full rosters are set? I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I would have ranked Cjok's team A LOT lower (worse) and Elibowitz's team A LOT higher (better). If Cjok would have used the 17 ast% Gasol, the 22 ast% MJ and the right Lebron & Rondo- he could have seen an efg% boost due to an ast% over 100... This was why I had him ranked where I did.. I wanted no parts of that.. Without the boost and with picking the wrong Lebron- his team is not as scary. Since he didn't go with the boost- My earlier criticism of the Gasol pick is valid to say the least. If I were him and made the decision not to go with the ast% boost, I would have gone with the 28 min/game Gasol and better rebounders to fill the remaining 20 mins. It would have been the best fit... Also, now that we are allowed to use higher priced players in the 8-12, it is harder to predict what a team may look like.. The Weatherspoon addition to Eleibowitz's squad was extremely valuable and made his already good team even better... I may not ever finish in the top 4 again and may never have to worry about it.... Mainly, I'm upset with myself for not going with my gut and ranking Cjok lower.. But, Like I said- I was scared of the potential efg boost due to the high ast%. There was the potential for a starting 5 with 110 ast%. Instead he has 89%. Not bad- but not gonna see a big boost if one at all... The slightly worse (on paper) efg% of the high ast lineup would have actually ended up being a lot better in the SIM with the boost.
No. We will not discuss this.
1/14/2016 4:08 PM
thanks, up, jt... either way, i still ended up with cjok in my div. lol
1/14/2016 5:25 PM
Posted by milest on 1/14/2016 3:19:00 PM (view original):
if we wait to see the entire rosters that would add more time until the season actually starts...first we would have to wait until the league fills, then wait until the league schedule is generated so we can see the rosters, then wait some more while we wait on the 4 owners to make their lists, and then finally we wait until the list is put together and the new schedule is generated....could be a few extra days

cases like eleibowitzs wont happen that often...most teams will have the bulk of their mins from the 7 drafted

and anyway...none of the 4 owners drafting knew about spoon when we made our lists...he hadnt entered his team when i made my list

one thing that could change is that i be eliminated from division drafts...i see how that could be unfair.... but honestly i didnt even check all the rosters when i made my list...i just used your roster list in the evals because it was quicker and easier...i did however know about cjoks choice of lebron and gasol seasons(but still ranked him last)
1/14/2016 6:37 PM
I think the CJ and Elei examples are what makes it fun.
1/15/2016 1:48 PM
Typically I'd agree with you...
1/15/2016 3:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
DH $52M Draft League LII Evaluations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.